F3/Chunk Question!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DinoDikslam

F3/Chunk Question!

Post by DinoDikslam »

I know that the F3 information for xyz is gone and were left the chunk boundaries,
but what i want to know is there a way to use that to find your self back to home point or to find another player your playing with?
or you just gotta find yourself back yourself?
jackatthekilns

Re: F3/Chunk Question!

Post by jackatthekilns »

You just gotta find your way back, man. Build landmarks and roads and use a compass when necessary. Even if you could find some sort of shortcut in the F3 info, I think it would considered a cheat and my guess is it would be removed if possible.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

DinoDikslam wrote:I know that the F3 information for xyz is gone and were left the chunk boundaries,
but what i want to know is there a way to use that to find your self back to home point or to find another player your playing with?
or you just gotta find yourself back yourself?
Soul sand is useful when dealing with a friend who is playing with you who's died. But the best option is for both of you to build a compass and meet back at where it points.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Worth noting with regards to soul sand: it's essentially beyond making a compass in the progression, so it's really only useful if you're already (relatively) high tech, but one of you dies and is thrown back into the wilderness.

Otherwise, yes, working towards a compass is generally the way to go to find your way back home. Hardcore Spawn is essentially "permadeath light" where dying is often times quite painful, but it doesn't result in a total reset of progress in that you can *eventually* recover much of what you lost.
DinoDikslam

Post by DinoDikslam »

Thank you guys for your help =] was just curious on the change of F3 if there was a way to use it etc guess its live or live (<---Lame i know)