Mobfarm platform design

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

Re: Mobfarm platform design

Post by Dorugami »

Yes, tamed wolves do in fact starve to death. However, I have yet to test the Beast scaring away skellies, and I've never seen the Beast starve before...something to note.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

This is a design I created a while back when mobs attacking animals was first added. The screenshots are from creative, but I did later create it in survival and it works quite well. It separates the spiders out with chickens in order to kill other mobs using chopping blocks.

The inside of the killing mechanism:
Spoiler
Show
A note though, is that the area for spiders should be a block higher than it is in these screenshots, as in its current form other mobs would very rarely get over the gap if they jumped at the right time.

The glass in the back houses 5 chickens, which are in range of the spiders by the time they get to the separation part. All the other mobs fall into the slot to be ground by chopping block, while the spiders go overhead. There is a slot in the roof at the back of the spider killing chamber which douses the wall in water to clear webs, though I later discovered that this doesn't actually help at all and is unnecessary.

The clock on the outside that powers the whole thing:
Spoiler
Show
There is a 4-tick pulse that goes around the repeater loop, activating two sets of pistons. One is to the right, which releases the water for the spiders. The other set, which is under the killing mechanism (you can see the line that powers it) opens the chopping blocks briefly to kill other mob types.

(Also, the signs with text simply explain what the parts do)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Status update:

I have a mobfarm. It works. Hooray!

After throwing torches everywhere for an in-game week or so, it has a decent output rate during the daytime.
Thanks all for your help getting this mobfarm together.

Shot of my mobfarm loot collection room
Spoiler
Show
Dragon vessels really hold a lot of exp. The mobfarm fills it decently fast so I'm using my enchanting table quite a bit.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

DiamondArms thats a cool Texturepack -could you tell me wich one it is or even better give a download link?
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

AddyBaha wrote:DiamondArms thats a cool Texturepack -could you tell me wich one it is or even better give a download link?
Its a personal mix. I'll see if I can get it uploaded somewhere secure and pm you the details.