Hardcore Spawning

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FerretFitz

Hardcore Spawning

Post by FerretFitz »

I have played with better than wolves for quite sometime but the biggest issue is the hardcore spawning. Now im not here to rant and hate on it i am simply looking for any tips anyone can replay onto me to make re spawning that much easier. I always try to find landmarks in my areas to help me when the death does come but almost always i still have an issue. Any suggestions?
Niyu

Re: Hardcore Spawning

Post by Niyu »

The best advise I can give you against hardcore spawn is be patient. Play as if you had started over and try to reach some kind of susteniable food source and make a compass to find your way to your main base. the next time yu spawn there you wil be able to return to your base in no time. If you do this enough times hardcore spawn won't be a problem anymore. If instead of doing this you always start wandering looking for your base you are only getting the animals killed, making the area more difficult to survive in.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, exactly. Stay put and build up from scratch when you respawn. Make sure you plop down landmarks of your own to indicate where your closest base is while you wander around so you can use those markers on future respawns. Try to leave enough resources (like wood and stone) in the small bases you create to give you a head start should you respawn in that area again. Once you work your way up to a compass, make sure to leave a marker indicating which way original spawn is.

If you approach it with a little forethought HC Spawn gets easier with each death. If you don't think about what you're doing though, you're just making future respawns harder as Niyu mentioned above.
FerretFitz

Post by FerretFitz »

May be a stupid question but the compass will always point to the original spawn? The original spawn doesent count as a hardcore spawn if that makes any sense.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

FerretFitz wrote:May be a stupid question but the compass will always point to the original spawn? The original spawn doesent count as a hardcore spawn if that makes any sense.
Yup, the compass always points to original spawn, making it the one point in your world that you can consistently find.
jstu9

Post by jstu9 »

Plan ahead for the inevitable hardcore respawn.

I head in each of the 4 directions as early in the game as possible. It's a great chance to find pumpkins, sugar cane, kill lots of animals, if you have a bow to kill cows, and you get to know the area.

Place markers frequently. I place them in easy to see places like on tops of hills, where biomes meet, on the coasts etc. When you cut down trees, leave the bottom log as evidence you were there. Just stuff like that. As you do this, you make hidey holes and can put stuff in them so when you do die, you are better off.

Once I get a compass later on, I go out every now and then and do the same thing.

I have only once needed to make a compass to find my way home. Usually a) I see a marker and find my way home or b) I die, respawn and then find a marker.

So, i have lots of little holes scatterd around, some from HCS and some from exploring the area.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I just act like I'm in a new world whenever I respawn (unless I immediately notice a landmark), and build up to a compass. I don't bother getting sustainable food as Niyu mentioned, as I find that that takes too much time for little gain, as you won't be there long enough to deplete the animals.

Once I get a compass, every 50 or so blocks, I place a plank or cobble block with a torch on it pointing towards spawn, so eventually I have a large number of these markers in all directions converging on spawn.

I also, after getting sustainable food, will go out exploring with a compass and a large map, making such markers, again pointing towards spawn, to increase the density of these and make it easier to find my way back, although it is a good idea to make markers whenever you go out.

One helpful tip as well, is to create small caches with basic armor, a sword, and enough food to get you back to spawn, just to make it that much easier.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

If you still hate hardcore spawn after doing all that, you can join a server instead. Servers have lots of roads and landmarks, and access to nether networks, so it's much easier to get back to your base.