Hardcore Caste System

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SilenV

Hardcore Caste System

Post by SilenV »

Two quick questions:

- What are the different caste levels and how are they ranked? The wiki seems to imply blacksmith is the highest caste level, and priests and librarians are on the same level, but nothing is said about butchers/farmers. I assume farmers are the lowest, but where do butchers rank? Above farmers?

- What types of villagers would I need to start a new village with all professions? Could I just take a blacksmith and a priest and breed those to get all the professions, or will the offspring be blacksmiths/priests/librarians only?
chaoticneutral

Re: Hardcore Caste System

Post by chaoticneutral »

There are three castes:
  • farmer
  • blacksmith+butcher
  • librarian+priest.
It doesn't really matter which caste is above the other, as long as you see them as distinct.

To start a "complete" village (provided you have enough diamonds) you'll need one Testificate from each caste; breeding a blacksmith with a priest will yield chiefly more blacksmiths and priests, and sometimes a butcher or a librarian. The odds are small, though, so it's simply easier to raid villages to enslav... err convince more villagers to come with you than just spamming diamonds.
--Who do you think you are, War?
SilenV

Post by SilenV »

Thanks!
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

chaoticneutral wrote:There are three castes:
  • farmer
  • blacksmith+butcher
  • librarian+priest.
It doesn't really matter which caste is above the other, as long as you see them as distinct.

To start a "complete" village (provided you have enough diamonds) you'll need one Testificate from each caste; breeding a blacksmith with a priest will yield chiefly more blacksmiths and priests, and sometimes a butcher or a librarian. The odds are small, though, so it's simply easier to raid villages to enslav... err convince more villagers to come with you than just spamming diamonds.
Does this mean castes can interbreed, but will never produce offspring outside either castes? So, for example if I had a butcher and a villager breed they could potentially produce a butcher, villager or blacksmith, but not a librarian or priest?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Correct.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire