My sheep don't seem to enjoy life much

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SilenV

My sheep don't seem to enjoy life much

Post by SilenV »

I lured a pair of sheep into my secret mountain base so I could collect wool, but they mysteriously died shortly after I placed them in a pen and sheared their wool. At first I thought maybe they just starved to death because they didn't have grass to grow back the wool, so I let grass grow into the pen before I went and grabbed another two sheep. Shortly after, they're dead as well.

So far I have two prime suspects. Either the cows don't play nice (the sheep and cows were sharing a single room) and got a bit murderous, or sheep require exposure to the sun for whatever reason. Neither of these seemed very intuitive to me, and the article on Hardcore Sheep only details breeding mechanics, so I'm getting the feeling I might be missing something obvious here? Please point me in the right direction.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: My sheep don't seem to enjoy life much

Post by FlowerChild »

I think you'll rapidly figure this out if you observe what happens when cows become startled in the wild.
SilenV

Post by SilenV »

Ooh! Well in hindsight, that does make sense.

I assume cows don't hurt each other with the panic-trampling, only other species? I had several cows in there and they have yet to kill each other.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SilenV wrote:Ooh! Well in hindsight, that does make sense.

I assume cows don't hurt each other with the panic-trampling, only other species? I had several cows in there and they have yet to kill each other.
Once they're panicked, they kick if anything not of their own species gets near their hindquarters. Chaos results, including the occasional midnight explosion :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FlowerChild wrote:-snippy- including the occasional midnight explosion :)
Hrm, I have a strange feeling this has nothing to do with the kind of 'midnight explosions' I'm used to.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO