The Worth of a Steam Engine

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

The Worth of a Steam Engine

Post by Dorugami »

Right, so following my debacle with chunk errors and having to make another world, I've come to the point where I have a rather short railway system from a nearby mineshaft. However, since a full gold farm is something that's yet in the making, I had to resort to...Furnace Carts. It's a bit less efficient than boosters, but I do have an excess of nether coal and it makes transporting large amounts of stone and minerals from my nearby quarry a lot easier.

It's not a feature I see a lot in the builds of the BTW community, so just as my Stakes and Stew topic, I'd love to see what other people have been using the furnace cart for. :)
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
abculatter_2

Re: The Worth of a Steam Engine

Post by abculatter_2 »

I didn't even know those were extant in BTW... This suddenly makes rail lines much more feasible to me.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Well I got kinda iffy using unprocessed coal to power the cart after a bit, and tried Nether Coal on it. The results were...underwhelming.
It won't take nether coal. I tried rummaging around the changelog for it but found bupkis. Anyone know if it's intentional?
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Have you tried using other BTW exclusive furnanceFuels?
If they don't work as well I suspect FC just didn't have the poweredMinecarts on the radar, as they where kind of ignored by everyone in vMC back then (when there where no boosterRails and anyone used MinecartMinecartBoosters :D )

You may post this on the ballance Subforum.
I haven't found any references in the Change log or the wiki that it was intended not to be used on poweredMinecarts.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

I hadn't really considered furnace carts before, but now I'm having many ideas of where I can use them. I think they can be topped up with hoppers, yeah?

Looking forward to when finals are over and I can start putting some of these thoughts into blocks.