how much time until a SFS beacon generates blight?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

how much time until a SFS beacon generates blight?

Post by ion »

i have a full SFS beacon in a desert. i surrounded it with grass to have it generate blight, but after some RL days i still haven't gotten any yet. i'm just unlucky or i need something else
Taleric

Re: how much time until a SFS beacon generates blight?

Post by Taleric »

Spoiler
Show
Just have a nice large grass area, can take a long time. No reason you would want this now thought, it can not be used later anymore..
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

It may be he just wants incentive to produce the stone halfslab covered landscape utopia we all wish for, with our cows in iron bar cages and the only surviving greenery produced through superior human engineering.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I dunno how efficient it is, but blight can be used to do initial deforesting of a jungle.

Give it time and a decently large amount of grass.
ion

Post by ion »

the reason i want it is to let it grow in a jungle biome. i have a nice jungle biome that i spawn sometimes after death and i want that destroyed. and also i want to make there a nice necromancer tower with a lab for nether portal testing "fun".
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

IIRC, Blight doesn't really work very well with jungle trees, because it usually just kills about 6 blocks above it, creating some weird trees with leaves only at the top.
ion

Post by ion »

i know how the blight works on trees. but it's still faster at removing vegetation that fire or chopping. what i don't know it's the time that a SFS beacon takes to make a blight block.
Nyoike

Post by Nyoike »

I was curious on this as well, I had a creative world open for several hours with a full tier SFS beacon in a forest biome trying to get blight to show up. Never did and I gave up.
I've yet to get a SFS beacon up in a survival world yet anyway to actually try playing with it at all.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

You could just use fire :)

On the creative test I would bet FC made that a non option.
hawk

Post by hawk »

A few carefully placed hibachis and torches can make short work of large sections. It won't always take care of the tops of trees and the end result can be a little messy but it is kind of cool to run back a few dozen blocks and take in the "Apocalypse Now" type carnage once it really gets going.

It also takes care of spiders pretty well too if that's the kind of thing you're into :)