Peasants/Farmers in Abandoned Villages

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mud

Peasants/Farmers in Abandoned Villages

Post by Mud »

I recently found my first "peasant" in an abandoned village. I was stoked at the possibility of getting wheat sooner than expected so I made protecting him my top priority. I set him up in one of the abandoned buildings (which I fortified) and started gathering materials to trade with him.

28 trades in he hasn't seemed to have gained any experience despite every trade thus far having a green "+" next to it. Are "peasant" villagers stunted or what? I've paged through the Hardcore Villagers Trading Mechanics thread, but couldn't find any reference to this behavior.

Anyone else here had experience with Villagers in abandoned villages?
gaga654

Re: Peasants/Farmers in Abandoned Villages

Post by gaga654 »

Have you had your world in creative mode at any point? I'm pretty sure FC made it so that if you have, all villager xp and levelling gets disabled (even if you change back to survival). I'm not completely sure on that though.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

gaga654 wrote:Have you had your world in creative mode at any point? I'm pretty sure FC made it so that if you have, all villager xp and levelling gets disabled (even if you change back to survival). I'm not completely sure on that though.
which update was this? guess I missed one :o nice to know that villagers are useless to me then :p I play mostly lan games so when one of us has to answer the door or something we just creative right where we are
Rawr :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Many mod features are survival only man. I don't think it should matter if you flip back and forth, but if it does: whatever. I don't support creative mode.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

just tested in a quick creative mode, successfully leveled a villager up to level two, both in creative and in survival after leaving creative
Rawr :D
Prohack0421

Post by Prohack0421 »

Hello

I did a brief test, and i think the difference lies in a creative world vs a survival world.

I found that when you generate a creative world, whether you swapped back and forth or not, villagers would refuse to level. If you generate a survival world (with cheats), then you can level up villagers just fine, even if you spawn them in.

Being that creative mode isn't the point of this mod, it probably doesn't matter, but I figured i'd test it anyway.