SFS beacon questions?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

SFS beacon questions?

Post by ion »

i have a full SFS beacon in overworld and i'm linked to it so when i die i spawn there. sometimes i just respawn somewhere else.
do i need to relink my soul after every death to the beacon or is something else?
Rob

Re: SFS beacon questions?

Post by Rob »

I know a SFS beacon in the nether only works if you die in the nether. So, I assume, in your situation, deaths in the nether or end will still cause hardcore respawns. I'm not sure what your situation is when you claim you still hardcore respawn. But, that is what I've noticed in Icyopolis with their nether SFS beacon.
ion

Post by ion »

nope a full SFS beacon makes you respawn at it and works without world or distance restrictions. just that sometimes Hc Respawn takes place instead. and this i don't know why!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

On the Edolas server we have a few sfs beacons and I know that for a while we were having troubles with one intermittently working. Make sure that you have room around the beacon to spawn, good rule of thumb is to leave a 1 wide gap around the entire beacon, then leave a ceiling only as low as two blocks above the beacon itself.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
ion

Post by ion »

it's in a desert biome. no need to have space around. i'm more interested in why your beacon didn't work and not in how to build it!
Mud

Post by Mud »

Are SFS beacons effected by range like other types of beacons?

:edit: I somehow managed to miss the answer to my own question on the wiki...
Last edited by Mud on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

ion wrote:it's in a desert biome. no need to have space around. i'm more interested in why your beacon didn't work and not in how to build it!
The reason it wasn't working was because we didn't have enough space around it. We had sunk it into the floor of the nether hub and covered it with glass so it was easily accessible but not in the way.
Mud wrote:Are SFS beacons effected by range like other types of beacons?
Yes, all but the full SFS beacon are affected by range.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

ion wrote:nope a full SFS beacon makes you respawn at it and works without world or distance restrictions. just that sometimes Hc Respawn takes place instead. and this i don't know why!

Full SFS beacon works without range restrictions, but still only within the same dimension. At least that's what the one on PK's server does- if you die in the nether it says the beacon is too far away or something. And then, if you want to be gamey about it, you can just die again in the overworld.

However, we've also had the problem of occasionally becoming completely unbound to it for no apparent reason. There's plenty of space around that one, too. Gives a bit of an extra fun challenge.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

My only experience with SF beacons has been on Pk's server.
Spoiler
Show
I've suffered multiple deaths when bound to that beacon- while only about 2 of them landed me back at the beacon.
Given the beacon is at spawn, and my base is on a different continent- I generally head home via the nether.
Could be related to dimension hopping during the HCS cooldown?

--Edit-- Ignore the above- Serra just cleared a lot up in a later post. I fell into the same trap.
Last edited by EtherealWrath on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
ion

Post by ion »

SerraNova wrote:
ion wrote:nope a full SFS beacon makes you respawn at it and works without world or distance restrictions. just that sometimes Hc Respawn takes place instead. and this i don't know why!

Full SFS beacon works without range restrictions, but still only within the same dimension. At least that's what the one on PK's server does- if you die in the nether it says the beacon is too far away or something. And then, if you want to be gamey about it, you can just die again in the overworld.

However, we've also had the problem of occasionally becoming completely unbound to it for no apparent reason. There's plenty of space around that one, too. Gives a bit of an extra fun challenge.
if you aren't unsure and you haven't tested it stop spreading lies. a full SFS beacon works between worlds and works no matter the distance. the lower ones are distance limited.
i've made this thread to know why i've become unbound from my beacon and it seems that the overall knowledge of the SFS beacon workings is lower that espected.
@EtherealWrath from my testing of SFS beacons there is no cooldown. i have a "MY" head farm near it and works wonders.
i become unlinked from mine when i had some deaths in the end, worked fine with deaths in the nether. then i just got a trip to the beacon and deaths in the end after were linked to it. my last death in the overworld got me a HC spawn.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

ion wrote:if you aren't unsure and you haven't tested it stop spreading lies.
Ion.... I apologize. I went back and checked and the beacon on PK's is not full tier, so I was wrong.
ion

Post by ion »

more testing this week i've got that after every death, clicking on the beacon would make you respawn at it no matter where you die. this prevents the HCspawn to take precedence.
testing was done with a full SFS beacon