Blight takeover [Spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mason11987

Blight takeover [Spoilers]

Post by Mason11987 »

So on my current world I finally got enough automation set up to build a steel beacon, just one level for now. I inadvertently let the game running and starved (as you'd expect) and came back 24 hours later to my entire base at stage 2 blight.

I hadn't actually encountered blight at all prior to this and I have to say I was amused at the prospect of trying to beat this back.

Thankfully I already constructed a wall encompassing my entire base (about 11x11 chunks) and it looks like the blight won't cross my walls at the current stage, although it would cross the diagonal portions, so I beat that part back behind the wall and secured it better.

Now I'm facing the prospect of around 100 chunks of stage 2 blight, secure behind my walls. It's kind of cool seeing it but I fear that I'm one slip up from having it loose on the world forever, and eventually encountering a lava flow somewhere.

Anyone else have issues with blight and any suggestions on how to best deal with it now? I could always dig the whole place up or lay concrete down over everything. Both seem to work fantastically with the theme of destroying nature :).
jorgebonafe

Re: Blight takeover [Spoilers]

Post by jorgebonafe »

Not destroying. Improving... Its like George Carlin said. Humans always question whats their purpose in life. Its plastic. Nature needed plastic.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

hope you don't have any non-automatic farms...
Timeslice

Post by Timeslice »

I thought blight from steel becons was removed a few versions ago? Have you been ignoring the updates?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Timeslice wrote:I thought blight from steel becons was removed a few versions ago?
Huh? Fuck no.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Timeslice wrote:I thought blight from steel becons was removed a few versions ago? Have you been ignoring the updates?
The motivation for intentionally facilitating the maturation of Blight into its final form was removed, not Blight itself.
Gears

Post by Gears »

When I first had a blight infestation, I started freaking out and tried looking for a way to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I was thinking of it in comparison to Taint in thaumcraft, and spent too long looking for a way to "purify" the area. Now I have myself encapsulated in a wonderful recreation of Shiganshina, hoping to god that the blight doesn't mature into a 60 meter colossus and break through.

Given your affected area, quarantine might be the best option for now, as you'll need 100 or so buckets of cement to fully pave the area.
Last edited by Gears on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Timeslice wrote:I thought blight from steel becons was removed a few versions ago? Have you been ignoring the updates?
nah, it's just not really useful like it used to be. Previously you could use it instead of mycelium for nether groth, but now you can get mycelium without finding a random mushroom island.

I have a feeling blight is going to play a role in the conclusion of this mod. I'm wondering whether I should clear it out, or help it grow for that point.
devak

Post by devak »

Mason11987 wrote: I have a feeling blight is going to play a role in the conclusion of this mod. I'm wondering whether I should clear it out, or help it grow for that point.
I'm pretty sure it's a thematic thing, equivalent to the industrial age where we permanently changed the face of the planet with our machinations.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

on my server i have make sfs beacon on air and i don't have any effect.
Atold

Post by Atold »

Mason11987 wrote:
nah, it's just not really useful like it used to be. Previously you could use it instead of mycelium for nether groth, but now you can get mycelium without finding a random mushroom island.

I have a feeling blight is going to play a role in the conclusion of this mod. I'm wondering whether I should clear it out, or help it grow for that point.
Wait i can find mycelium without finding a biome?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Atold wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:

How many villager trades have you done?
Atold

Post by Atold »

Mason11987 wrote:
Atold wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:

How many villager trades have you done?
Zero, that may be why then :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Atold wrote: Zero, that may be why then :)
Ah, plenty of steps left in the tech tree for you then. This was my first time getting all the way through the tree since hardcore villagers and the shfiting of the tech tree for Wither, The End, and Steel. Not that mycelium is all that great anyway before you can get enough steel to survive the nether groth.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Mason11987 wrote:Not that mycelium is all that great anyway before you can get enough steel to survive the nether groth.
I beg to differ; steel just makes groth easier to remove.
Surviving and living without steel is seriously fun- usually in the 'oh shit this is dangerous' way.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there