[SPOILERS!] "Hardcore Hoofsies" Spoiler Thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ThePowerofTower

Re: [SPOILERS!] "Hardcore Hoofsies" Spoiler Thread

Post by ThePowerofTower »

It's interesting that Cows seem to be the only living thing in my new world. I feel like in certain terrains, depending on where I stay my night, Cows will be around until I have the time to capture them and shove them *gently* into a pit. The ones across the field from my hole have held their own for about 9 days so far.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Now that I've had a little more experience with starting over from a new respawn, I'm finding that hardcore hoofsies is far less trouble than I'd feared. Basically treating cows like creepers I managed to smite three with what was left of my first axe and only got kicked once. No special caloric expenditures, just a little more tacking involved but I certainly did not starve despite the fact they were the only animals in the area.
Better is the enemy of Good
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

So I found out that cows can kick through fences. had some cows fenced off from my sheep to keep the sheep safe. didn't work quite as well as I would have hoped. Now there is a 1 block thick wall outside the fence. overkill maybe but now i wont lose all me sheep.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I tested to see if hardcore hoofsies effected breeding harnessed cows. It does not. So at least our automation isn't going to suffer. Though it's funny to watch a cow get hit by a saw and then proceed to kill all the other animals in the water stream. :-P