New Release! (BTW V4.99999A0E Marsupial?!!!)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.99999A0E Marsupial?!!!)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.99999A0E Marsupial?!!! of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added a significant upgrade to Hardcore Of Darkness. You'll know it when you see it, but it is really of course absolutely nothing to ever worry about in the teensy weensy little bit very least, particularly not because this release just happens to fall totally randomly in the most startling of coincidences on Halloween. Thinking otherwise would just be symptomatic of rampant paranoia, and thus should be avoided at all costs. Honest.

-Added the ability to dye wolf collars with Dung, because...you know...who am I to discourage people from rubbing Dung all over their pets?

-Changed the way player healing works so that it only stops due to hunger once you hit the "Peckish" state.

-Fixed problem where Concentrated Hellfire Beacons were no longer functioning in the previous release.

-Fixed problem with gravel and sand slabs acting weird when placed on cactus.

-Fixed problem where Mining Charges destroyed by Powder Keg explosions would leave "ghost entities".

-Fixed problem where cooking Cookie Dough in the furnace would produce 8 cookies for the first dough item, but only 1 cookie for additional items.

-Fixed some oddities with how redstone repeaters behaved on Turntables.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Gunnerman21

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.99999A0E Marsupial?!!!)

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Sweetness! Man you're pumping these out :) Thanks for telling us all we have no need to worry about anything the new HCOD feature adds! You are a kind fellow, I'm sure nothing perilous will occur...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I found the change. God help me I found the change...
Better is the enemy of Good
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've never witnessed Hardcore Of Darkness for more than a few seconds of Gloom. Mainly because I don't enjoy scary. But, when the HCoD update was released, I decided to record my first impressions of this hardcore feature. I unfortunately don't own a webcam, though I feel the girly shrieks convey my terror.

I have digital surround sound headphones. So I think that increased the scariness, the positional sounds are amazing, Flowerchild. I could hear the nothing to worry about circling around me.

I feel this is best watched in the dark. Or keep the lights on if you're scared. ;-)
Arrobee's BTW Hardcore Of Darkness Challenge
Last edited by Rob on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ion

Post by ion »

Snip -Flower
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Thank you so much for the recent updates!
The new HCDarkness kicks ass. I can't wait to accidentally fall into a dark cave :-)

Also, thanks for squishing the occasional bug with such swiftness and ruthlessness. I guess that is rather tedious work.

@Rob: You might want to try a more "realistic" approach, don't just wall yourself in.
Skyte Aero

Post by Skyte Aero »

This hardcore of darkness....thought i'd be safe to go from my two bases just into night fall. But have to go thru a forest. Its going to be lit up by the next morning.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Note that the deco addon will not work with this. Ill have to fix that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yhetti wrote:Note that the deco addon will not work with this. Ill have to fix that.
This is not a tech support thread for your add-on man.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I was just making sure people know so that they don't wind up complaining that their game won't start. I'm sorry.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just put out a small 'b' version with the following change based on my own play testing:

-Fixed a problem where the game would sometimes consider you to be in Gloom when you shouldn't have been.

Download Link

Download link in the OP has also been updated.
Terzake

Post by Terzake »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed the way player healing works so that it only stops due to hunger once you hit the "Peckish" state.
Thank you for this one. :)

Snip -Flower
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's been awhile so I won't start swinging the banhammer around for it, but no spoilers in release threads please.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Jesus Christ, this change...
ylogaj

Post by ylogaj »

Sorry if it's my imagination (or it's not, and it's obvious), but is everything darker in the version? Or is the light-dark scale just a bit less linear now?

Overall, great update (and the last one too) :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ylogaj wrote:Sorry if it's my imagination (or it's not, and it's obvious), but is everything darker in the version? Or is the light-dark scale just a bit less linear now?
I'll create a spoiler thread about the new aspects of Hardcore of Darkness to try and help clear up some confusion, as I think people are having a hard time discerning what's intentional here and what's potentially a bug.

And frankly, I don't think there are any issues with it after my fix yesterday, but I'd rather know if people are having issues, and that's rather difficult without a place to talk about it freely.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

The Hardercore of Darkness sounds awesome. I'm going to try to get some play time in this week to try it out :)

Great release!
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Thank you once again for an excellent set of bug fixes and tweaks.

I'm sure the changes to Hardcore Darkness are going to be interesting to experience!
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

I think I've put more hours into BTW in the past three days than I did in all of October.

The update to HCoD persuaded me to finally build a fishing platform, and so many things just fit together when I finished that. My food situation just about solved itself, I no longer find myself absently waiting for my iron, my chest of montser scraps is seeing some withdrawals now, and the hatsies gather on the shoreline to wave at me. Amazing how such a seemingly small tweak(from a design point, I'm not stating anything one way or another about the development side) to an existing feature can bring out so much of the game.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Friends told be to get BF4 so we could play 4 of us together "cus itll be cool and working together we'd woop" (It sucks), and someone GAVE me a copy of Space Engineers and some guy, not sure who again, I think his name starts with an "F", told me to absolutely get "Don't Starve" at a low price. Then there surprise, BTW updates.

Just posting to say that I still read the forums daily and Thanks FC for, what appears to be, REALLY nice updates. I SO look forward to seeing the darkness LITERALLY chase away the sun all the way to the horizon, that's GOT to be an unsettling feeling.

Thanks for your continued exciting quality work man. I should be CLINKING soon.

Edit: oops, used wrong word.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

HCSed, must have been at very edge of zone, second day I find a wheat village. Priority #1? Wheat, blacksmith, villagers? Nope, torches, NOW! Hurts so good :)