Does BTW seem dead [Solved]?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Does BTW seem dead [Solved]?

Post by matty79321 »

I've been a follower of the BTW community for a while now, and I've played it since around MC Beta 1.6 or so (and I still do). I've seen its ups and downs, and I applaud FC for putting up with the $#!% of many people. Lately, the community seems really quiet, almost too quiet. Do you guys think its just the calm of the storm before RTH, or has FC moved to BTSM for the meantime (or has the attention been moved to other parts of the forum?)? Also, most importantly, do you guys still play BTW, or do you feel that its dead/dying?
Last edited by matty79321 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Does BTW seem dead?

Post by Sarudak »

Read the last dev diary.

Edit: Specifically the last page.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Re: Does BTW seem dead?

Post by matty79321 »

Ah, I thought I was missing something. The last few replies to the dev diary I had not seen, guess I should've checked to see if there was anything new :P
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Does BTW seem dead [Solved]?

Post by Sarudak »

I'm sure we'll get an update eventually. As to if it's dead I don't think it will ever be dead as long as there are computers that can play minecraft. At this point in time BTW has no peers in the gaming world IMO there is nothing else like it that comes close in quality. Much less a successor.
hawk

Post by hawk »

The forums have been a little slow. I don't go a day without checking in and reading the posts but I also don't post all that much so I guess I'm part of the problem :\ . The YouTubers and streamers are still active and there are some really entertaining and informative ones out there. I 100% agree with Sardudak in that BTW is peerless. Games like this don't die. Anyway, to one of your original questions: I still play at least a couple of hours nearly every day and would gladly play more if I could. I'm even thinking of starting up a small public co-op server as multiplayer is one of the few things I haven’t done in BTW. Whether I do that or not, even if it never gets another update (it will) I won’t stop playing this game anytime soon. All I have to do is play something else for a while to be reminded of how great and unique the BTW experience is.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I think the forums are also slow because registration has been closed for a long time and it's been quite a while since the last update.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

tbqh I haven't played BTW (much alone MC) for the better part of 3 months, I have started playing other games and real life has really started to kick it up a notch (parents are showing signs of giving me the boot ;) ) However every day I take time to check in with the BTW forums, and the IRC. I do love this community, and it's the community I have grown up with for the memorable part of my life. For sure never going to leave. But ofc if you're ever feeling somewhat alone in the vast BTW world, IRC Friday nights are still a thing ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

To me Btw has a syndrome of draught and recovery earned from my early minecraft days. You go a few weeks without playing it and something or someone resparks that obsessive jerk in all of us. It has cured me of the compulsive reset disorder whitch helps a lot when you want to come back to the game.

@magikeh i was so sure you got eaten by a moose this time, you disapeared. You cant avoid your fate for much longer.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for the supportive words guys. I had mostly avoided this thread this morning due to the rather rude title, but nice to see some of the above :)
SubparFiddle

Post by SubparFiddle »

---> Random internet bystander checking in to say BTW is most definitely alive (and greatly appreciated!)
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

I agree that recently the forums seem kinda like a ghost town within the last few months. At least, compared to what i remember it was before with many people posting content every few hours or so. But (like a few others have said) as long as there is people playing the game, (yes, BTW may as well be its own game for as outstanding as it is) then the game has not died. I myself have put almost 30 hours in since Saturday on my world :) and im still ready to devour whatever Flower has to throw our way! *maybe* some of the initial hype has been worn out with most people compared to before, but the majority still love BTW with their cold cold hearts ;)

As for the CoOp server, as long as you dont require some lengthy application, and just let me do what i want (which is to play) count me in as ive been looking for one to spend my new found free time.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

The forums tend to spike in activity whenever there's a new release, so we're in a bit of a lull right now. Personally I haven't played much since the official server went down- I have a fairly underdeveloped singleplayer world, but I'm waiting for the final release before I return to that world. For me, BTW is one of those timeless games that I'll always be able to come back to for some fun. It's certainly not dead.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I still frequent the forums although I am playing much less than I used to so I don't feel as if I have a lot to contribute therefore I don't post as much. I'm not playing because of other commitments in my life not because BTW has run its course. BTW is still my go to game even for 20 minutes when I need a break and a creativity boost.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Wafflewaffle wrote:@magikeh i was so sure you got eaten by a moose this time, you disapeared. You cant avoid your fate for much longer.
:P You're not going to get that cash pot! I'll hold out for a snowplow or the maple syrup OD!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

I'm livestreaming it with two of my friends every monday - thursday for 2-6 hours a night and I've been doing that for the last 5-6 weeks now. It's a great laugh we absolutely love it
matty79321

Post by matty79321 »

FlowerChild wrote:Thanks for the supportive words guys. I had mostly avoided this thread this morning due to the rather rude title, but nice to see some of the above :)
Sorry Flower for the rude Title, It won't happen again! (I can try to change it to something less rude if you'd like)

As for the topic, I think that BTW will be one of the best games for a long time coming, and its good to see that people feel the same ;)
ylogaj

Post by ylogaj »

I check these forums every day, and play BTW any chance I get. I'm just a bit of a FC fan boy though - he's a pretty awesome dude, and I've learned a lot from him. Just because we don't post on here, doesn't mean we're not here.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Not yet, and not for awhile.

And Magikeh, It's aboot time you lao'ed that damn frisbee over here. (The only Canadian i know personally is an avid ultimate frisbee player from Toronto...)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go