Connected Moulding and Siding

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
gaga654

Connected Moulding and Siding

Post by gaga654 »

When I put three moulding in a corner, I can get them to connect like this:
Spoiler
Show
But when I try to do the same with siding it does not connect, and I end up with something like this:
Spoiler
Show
I can make the same effect in a different orientation using stairs:
Spoiler
Show
but since I can't place stairs sideways, there is no way to do that if I want it to be oriented along the walls, and not the floor. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can achieve that effect, or am I just out of luck?
EtherealWrath

Re: Connected Moulding and Siding

Post by EtherealWrath »

Use 2 rows of moulding.

Though you'll be a half block out of alignment.
(works ok for walls, not for water channels)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

using wicker panes gives the same shape but has a different texture
EXAMPLE
Show

I used paper walls from the deco addon
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Magic tricks!
Spoiler
Show
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Sandrew wrote:Magic tricks!
Spoiler
Show
The floor is slabbed, moulding is on the top half of the short wall, stairs are on the bottom half. Your secret is revealed :D

There are still plenty of other situations where I need an actual siding connect to another, not just at the base of a higher wall.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Gunnerman21 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
The floor is slabbed, moulding is on the top half of the short wall, stairs are on the bottom half. Your secret is revealed :D

There are still plenty of other situations where I need an actual siding connect to another, not just at the base of a higher wall.
You could also achieve the same effect without slabbing the floor by setting one of the walls back by a half-block. In other words, what would have been two perpendicular rows of siding meeting in a corner now becomes a row of siding meeting a row of full blocks. Of course that would make hell for fitting windows or other wall decorations into the now half sized wall but I suppose it could work depending on your design.
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Gunnerman21 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Oh well, I never was much of a good magician anyway :)

I just felt like pointing out, since I personally love working with slabs in underground areas as they give you lighting options (or rather, lack of lighting options) that you otherwise wouldn't have, that though there are plenty of drawbacks, there are some small advantages as well.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

Hm, in my case I have been looking specifically to put siding along the edges of an animal pen to keep the animals from suffocating in the walls. Previously I have used fences, but they are kind of ugly and I want to replace them. Putting the floor up a half block like Sandrew suggested is a nice solution, but unfortunately I can't use it here because it can only go up one block then so the animals can jump on top of it. That being said, wicker panes look like they will do the trick nicely, if I have to sacrifice a bit of aesthetics.