my luck with vital tech bottlenecks

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Jesar

my luck with vital tech bottlenecks

Post by Jesar »

As you may recall, I posted a while back that I had trouble finding a nether fortress so I could get a crucible. Well,a while back I found one with soulsand piles and got my blaze rods. However, I have no nether wart in my fortress. No potions for me yet.

I have a new problem. I can't find villages. I just found an epic dessert with two intact dessert temples. I now have two enacting tables, but no villages. Am I missing something? I'm traveling three Minecraft days by boat away from my nether portal keeping spawn at my back and no luck.

Edit:

To clarify, I know about using maps and boats, but the fact that I've not found a single village in the five or six plains biomes and not a one in the desert that had two temples and two fountains makes me wonder if villages can spawn in my world at all or something.

Also, one of my portals popped me out near diamond level once. That has never happened to me before.
CandyCane

Re: my luck with vital tech bottlenecks

Post by CandyCane »

It's all chance.

Since you spawn desert temples, you have structures enabled and villages will spawn. But as every seed is random and there's no in game way of finding them other than wandering, you just have to keep trying.

If you are desperate to the point of quitting, you can use a map tool and look for your villages and confirm for yourself. But if you keep looking, you're bound to find a village eventually. Now cross your fingers that it also has a church in it.

Good luck!
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

At this point I'll be happy with the wheat so I can get a reliable source of leather for glue and armor. I've nearly destroyed two diamond picks on my latest nether tunneling spree, and one had unbreaking 1 on it.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I'll trade with you, Jesar. One of my HC spawns was next to village, but I haven't gotten the blaze rods yet due to a well-armed pigman.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

Okay, I hate myself for it, but I cheated and used a mapping tool to locate the villages. None of my villages I've tried to find are actually in my world. I'm using AMIDST, and it shows me where temples and all that are. I looked in a plains biome and a desert biome. The three villages I walked to are not there in my world, but are there in the AMIDST map. What's strange is that I found a partially buried desert temple that WAS there on the ADMIST map and in my world.

So, did FC change the way villages spawn? I've not found a single one. This world was generated on the latest version (Marsupial?!).

Has anyone else found villages from scratch in the latest version?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Jesar wrote:Okay, I hate myself for it, but I cheated and used a mapping tool to locate the villages. None of my villages I've tried to find are actually in my world. I'm using AMIDST, and it shows me where temples and all that are. I looked in a plains biome and a desert biome. The three villages I walked to are not there in my world, but are there in the AMIDST map. What's strange is that I found a partially buried desert temple that WAS there on the ADMIST map and in my world.

So, did FC change the way villages spawn? I've not found a single one. This world was generated on the latest version (Marsupial?!).

Has anyone else found villages from scratch in the latest version?
I've found a bunch of villages. I walked several hundred blocks in the nether before coming back and found two nearby, only have all but one of the villager types now.
Equitis1024

Post by Equitis1024 »

Jesar wrote:Okay, I hate myself for it, but I cheated and used a mapping tool to locate the villages. None of my villages I've tried to find are actually in my world. I'm using AMIDST, and it shows me where temples and all that are. I looked in a plains biome and a desert biome. The three villages I walked to are not there in my world, but are there in the AMIDST map. What's strange is that I found a partially buried desert temple that WAS there on the ADMIST map and in my world.

That's just the way AMIDST has always worked. It shows where villages can spawn, but the conditions aren't always right to generate them.

Sounds like you've just been unlucky.

As for a nether portal spawning you near diamond level, that happens to me pretty often if the portal is trying to generate in an ocean.
Last edited by Equitis1024 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

I just confirmed via creative mode and AMIDST that villages *can* spawn in my world. HOWEVER, the majority of villages locations in my map are in rivers or coastlines, therefore they can't spawn. I've only found one place on my map where the village can spawn.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Sounds like very poor luck :(
One benefit to large biomes is the increased likely hood of spawn conditions met.

You could consider moving your chunks over to new generation type i.e. Large biome. I am unsure of consuquences but I would consider this better than cheat in stuff as it sounds like you have invested a ton of time.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

After looking through about 20 village locations, I managed to find 3 or 4 good ones. One is actually not *too* far from my closest nether portal. With some smart nether tunneling, I may be able to connect it to my burgeoning nether network. But yeah, my current world, the one I have never cheated on until now, has horrible villager spawn locations. Of the many that didn't spawn, one was over the ocean next to the plains, one was in a river, one on horribly uneven terrain, one was just a single house with two farmers and one field.

Now back to my world, and all the guilt that it will entail!
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

I fully explored three full-sized maps with many large plains and deserts, found two enchanting tables and two vessels (One of which I stupidly didn't bother collecting, cuz I didn't know a second one would be useful at the time... >->) before finding any villages at all. The trek it sounds like you made is not uncommon.

(It's also notable that two out of the three nether portals spawned in a cave in the middle of an ocean.)
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

You guys are making me feel better. While we do have wheat and carrots, we have been on a VERY long quest to find potatoes. We've searched at least six fully zoomed maps out, and found like 6 more enchanting tables but NO villages, and.. I was starting to wonder. I will continue with better heart now.