Really busy bull

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Xaedblade

Really busy bull

Post by Xaedblade »

So I just got to making a rudimentary cow farm with 4 cows pushed together to stand on on top of a single fence and a pen below to with hoppers as a floor to to catch the meat when they grow big enough to kill... picture below
Spoiler
Show
But some how a zombie got in and killed one of my 4 cows... but the stranger thing was that when I threw a stack of wheat at them to breed... I got 2 calves! and only used 3 wheat... So I guess now that there is only one bull he is doing his best to keep up lol...

I did some testing on this and I found that if I threw 2 wheat and then a half a second later threw the third I would only get 1 calf... So I guess it is only when three are thrown in a stack does this trick work... I don't think that this is intended. but I remedied it by killing off another cow in the group. felt really cheaty otherwise.

I don't have the other animals yet so does anyone else know if this works with other animals?
RalphKastro

Re: Really busy bull

Post by RalphKastro »

happens a lot with my pigs. I throw down a pair amount of chocolate, they eat it all and there's always that poor piggie in the middle of the chaos that is still in love mode, even though nobody else is.
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

What I mean is I have 3 cows producing 2 calves... when they should only produce 1 calf.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I know. What I meant with my post(and my inability to express myself) is that it has probably also happened with my pigs. Or at least 3 of them breeding at the same time. Can't be sure if they produced 2 piglets, though, since I just have a entire room filled with them
Xeo

Post by Xeo »

Yeah, this is a bug that's been around pretty much since breeding started in Minecraft. From my understanding, two different cows breed with a third cow at the exact same time so both cows are impregnated before the third cow stops being horny.
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Xeo wrote:Yeah, this is a bug that's been around pretty much since breeding started in Minecraft. From my understanding, two different cows breed with a third cow at the exact same time so both cows are impregnated before the third cow stops being horny.
I thought cow threesomes were just canon.