Better Than Wolves Forum

The official place for BTW discussion
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 44
For people's convenience, here are some common Better Than Wolves Links:

Minecraft Forum Thread
For an overview of the mod, demonstration videos, release information, updated links. The OP here is probably the most concentrated dose of BTW information. Also a great place to gawk at people asking the same question repeatedly to no avail.

Better Than Wolves Wiki
More detailed information on BTW's various components, also includes demo videos and additional links.

Better Than Wolves Recipe Overview (PNG)
Handy overview of all the recipes in the mod in one image.
Out of date for several recipes.

Official Better Than Wolves Forum
Forums for actually discussing the mod rationally, instead of spamming requests for updates. But you probably already knew that, since you're already here. Placed here in case people are shoving these into a bookmark folder.

Unofficial IRC channel
You can join #btw on irc.esper.net with Mibbit or an installed IRC client (reccomended).

On Downgrading Minecraft Versions
If the official Minecraft version gets out of sync with BTW, here's a helpful thread on how to swap back to an older version.

Better Then BuildCraft vMC-forums thread
The thread on the Minecraft forum for the Better Then BuildCraft project for combining BTW and BC.


Last edited by RegularX on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm
Posts: 7
Ouch my out of date list ;o

Ill have to fix that.
-------

Now updated.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 44
Evolution wrote:
Ouch my out of date list ;o

Ill have to fix that.
-------

Now updated.


Isn't the Mill Stone recipe still out of sync? Or is my cache gone funky?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm
Posts: 559
Added a link to the thread for the IRC channel.

_________________
SPAAAAAACE!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Did a big update to the Hopper Filter list (Painfully verified one by one). Will add more later.

_________________
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:
I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 44
Are the links up to date?

Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:12 pm
Posts: 3772
Location: Belgium
RegularX wrote:
Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...
That's courtesy of the adfly link. Just click it again and it shouldn't complain again. There's a random ad being shown and some of those ads might register as malware (probably false positive even then).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 44
Gilberreke wrote:
RegularX wrote:
Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...
That's courtesy of the adfly link. Just click it again and it shouldn't complain again. There's a random ad being shown and some of those ads might register as malware (probably false positive even then).


Gotya.

Looks like the HTML link is still out of date and not linked anymore in the OP. I'll remove it later unless someone has a complaint.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 am
Posts: 30
Location: Norway
Hey! I just updated my recipe list (which is JPG now by the way). I have a thread going on in the Lounge section, which I update whenever I update the list. I do try to update it a day or two after FC updates the mod, but this time I haven't been much home.

I added more links as well, which you can read about in that thread. I'll just link those here as well. (Note that the only reason I bother with the adf.ly ad links is because I really need money these days. Feel free to use the new non-ad link if you really hate ads.)
>>Recipe List with no ads<<
>>Recipe List with top banner<<
>>Recipe List with five second ad<<
Hope I didn't do anything wrong with this update. A lot of small things that needed changing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Sweden
Durandir wrote:
Hope I didn't do anything wrong with this update. A lot of small things that needed changing.


You forgot that Bones and feathers also make glue, not only leather.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 am
Posts: 30
Location: Norway
Tekei wrote:
You forgot that Bones and feathers also make glue, not only leather.


I am going to add that to the main part of the list eventually, but right now I only got that information at the bottom. Some of those alternate ways to make things are hard to put in, but I will do it one day I got plenty of time. Right now I didn't really have time to do anything else. But thanks for the feedback!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Sweden
Durandir wrote:
I am going to add that to the main part of the list eventually, but right now I only got that information at the bottom. Some of those alternate ways to make things are hard to put in, but I will do it one day I got plenty of time. Right now I didn't really have time to do anything else. But thanks for the feedback!


Cool :)
I didn't mean to be insolent, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.
Great job with the list though. I use it pretty much every time I start up Minecraft. Yeah... I keep forgetting when to use cobble or smooth stone :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 44
Durandir wrote:
I added more links as well, which you can read about in that thread. I'll just link those here as well. (Note that the only reason I bother with the adf.ly ad links is because I really need money these days. Feel free to use the new non-ad link if you really hate ads.)


Unless people start complaining, I'm fine with keeping the ad.fly link. I think most MC'ers are pretty used to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 am
Posts: 30
Location: Norway
Tekei wrote:
Cool :)
I didn't mean to be insolent, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.
Great job with the list though. I use it pretty much every time I start up Minecraft. Yeah... I keep forgetting when to use cobble or smooth stone :P

Oh, by all means, don't worry about that. I am happy for all feedback. I won't listen to all of it though, as I need to make this easy for me to make as well :P It does take more than an hour each time I need to update it, due to FlowerChild adding so much in each update. Which is awesome.
Glad you like it! I hope it works out the way it was supposed to, that is an easy way to find how to make what you want. I have to use it myself all the time while playing, as my memory is really bad.

RegularX wrote:
Unless people start complaining, I'm fine with keeping the ad.fly link. I think most MC'ers are pretty used to them.

That is fine then :) At least you now have an alternate link in case you need it.
Feel free to PM me about anything regarding the list as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 pm
Posts: 982
Location: Germany
I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I should bump it so somebody can make an up to date version. RegularX hasn't been online for quite a while so he most likely lost interest in the forums.

_________________
Want to know how the forum tags work in detail? Click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:06 pm
Posts: 292
Location: New York (Not the city)
I might make a new recipe list thing too, since Durandir has been absent recently.

_________________
IGN: Camerinthus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 am
Posts: 30
Location: Norway
Yeah, feel free to remove my list and make a new one. RL caught up with me, and the daunting task of adding the new stuff, changing things and all that is just something I won't be able to do :/ Was fun while it lasted! I haven't even been able to test out the last three versions... Dark Souls has gotten a hold of me I guess :V


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 am
Posts: 384
Location: Belgium (teh horror)
Minutor (http://seancode.com/minutor/) is an excellent mapping tool. It allows you to visually identify blocks on XYZ axis, offers layer by layer viewing, cave view, lighting view, mapping of the Nether, the End and slimechunks in a lightweight package.

Regularly updated and you can configure your own color scheme should you wish.

_________________
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 am
Posts: 162
Could the Better Then Buildcraft forum thread link be added to this list?

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 pm
Posts: 982
Location: Germany
ilovekintoki wrote:
Could the Better Then Buildcraft forum thread link be added to this list?

Thanks in advance.

Problem is RegularX hasn't been here since september ... so a mod will have to take care of it, I guess.

_________________
Want to know how the forum tags work in detail? Click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 am
Posts: 1780
Location: Finland
Added.

_________________
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:03 pm
Posts: 73
Hey, was wondering if anyone is updating the recipe lists?
I'm having trouble finding recipes for simple things like glass panes LoL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 pm
Posts: 17067
myrrdan wrote:
Hey, was wondering if anyone is updating the recipe lists?
I'm having trouble finding recipes for simple things like glass panes LoL


Glass panes have nothing to do with BTW. I suggest you check out the Minecraft wiki for stuff like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:03 pm
Posts: 73
lol i'm sorry, i never even thought it would be vmc. thanks for clearing that up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:06 pm
Posts: 292
Location: New York (Not the city)
I'm about 10% done on a recipe list. It keeps getting pushed behind finishing my automated breeding farm. Plus, I'm not a graphics artist so it wouldn't look as good as durandr's did.

_________________
IGN: Camerinthus


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wafflewaffle and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group