soul sand hopper...help?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
technophobia

soul sand hopper...help?

Post by technophobia »

I've finally built a mob farm, and even though its quite small, and simple, I'm really excited about all the items I'm getting as output. The one thing I can't seem to get to work is the XP collection with hoppers and soul sand filters. I see the Dragon Orbs get sucked into the hopper, but nothing comes out. I have the hopper powered with an axle, but I don't know what to do now? If someone could give me a hint, I'd really appreciate it, I'm out of ideas. I thought all you had to do was power the hopper with soul sand in the filter and it would work. I searched the change log, and didn't see anything in it that would lead me to believe it's been changed. Help!
Niyu

Re: soul sand hopper...help?

Post by Niyu »

soul sand filters have to store a certain amount of Dragon orbs before they can release an XP orb. Imagine that each monster yield 3 XP, the Soul Sand filter only can dispense XP orbs with 10 XP and can store 40 XP, so you'll need three monsters's dragon orbs to reach the filter before it outputs anything. The amounts are not those but it's how it works.

Also you can unpower the hopper so you don't need to babysit the process so often.
technophobia

Post by technophobia »

Ah, I see, thank you!

I just assumed it would have lots to dispense as soon as I powered it since it had such a pile of dragon orbs on top before I put the soul sand in.

Now to see if it explodes if I let it go too long.
DevidIta

Post by DevidIta »

You could use a turntable to make a timer out of it,with a long delay but not long enough to make it explode,so the XP orbs get out... I dont think they despawn after a while so they should be all there when you check ^^
You could also use water to move them to a better location :D
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

DevidIta wrote:You could use a turntable to make a timer out of it,with a long delay but not long enough to make it explode,so the XP orbs get out... I dont think they despawn after a while so they should be all there when you check ^^
it doesn't explode with exp
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

DevidIta wrote:You could use a turntable to make a timer out of it,with a long delay but not long enough to make it explode,so the XP orbs get out... I dont think they despawn after a while so they should be all there when you check ^^
And they do despawn after 5 minutes, I believe.

Just make a large storage area, and just keep it unpowered, then come shower every once in a while, or use *spoiler*.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!