Unintended consequences - I made a mistake...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SterlingRed

Unintended consequences - I made a mistake...

Post by SterlingRed »

After buggering around my base overnight, I headed off to cull my cow herd in the morning so I could finally finish my water pump tower. (glue). Upon reaching my cows, I discovered an armored zombie in my cow pen. And no cows. That very hungry zombie consumed about 40+ cows. I figured out the zombie got there by climbing in from my roof which I had accidentally connected to unlit ground level while building scaffolding to make a Dung farm.
So I fixed that and headed off to get more cows. When I returned, I heard the beast. I followed the angry noises to my Dung farm and sure enough, I had a very upset puppy. I killed him and began figuring out how he turned. I'd left a hole in the roof for feeding and what happened is a second zombie followed my scaffolding error and burned in the sunlight when morning came and was positioned just right to drop his flesh through the hole and to my wolves.
I covered the hole, and went on with other things. Overnight, I began hearing the beast again. After investigating, I discovered it was again in my Dung farm. And then I realized what I'd done. I'd killed the first beast in the farm. I didn't get any drops from him. One of my other wolves ate the first beasts flesh drops causing him to turn as well.
And all of this was because I left a single dirt block that provided a path.

What disastrous things have happened to you as a result of that one small thing you changed?
Gunnerman21

Re: Unintended consequences - I made a mistake...

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Not really on the scale of fail that you presented, but i was trying to separate the chickens from the cows and pigs in my pen (tech level 'iron hoe'). I had already made a chicken hole for them and put a dirt block to lead them up with. Except the cows and pigs really wanted to get out... So while i shuffled the chickens into the pen, all of the cows and pigs had made it to the first floor and roof of my base. I didn't want them to run off, so i panicked and pushed them all into the walled farm i have next to the roof. Then that's when the spider came.. I freaked out cause i had easily trampleable crops so i swung wildly at the spider killing one of the cows in the process. Fortunately no animals escaped less one cow soul.

Also on yesterday's first mining expedition, I happen to meet 2 skeletons down a dark alleyway... They kindly greeted me with a couple arrows to the face, so i proceeded to block the tunnel with dirt. I got behind one to put the rest down, but realized I could not, because the skeleton had walked in the way and was now standing in front of me. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result, so I went on the other side of the tunnel to block myself in, surely that would work! Alas, I was killed, in a very dumb and inexcusable way. My base is very far from original spawn, ~500 blocks i'm guessing, so there's barely a chance the items disappear, as long as i run back to them without fault.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Spoiler
Show
I tried to use maxed out blight aesthetically in a contained area, and didn't know it could spread underground and under my barrier. All my farms were above ground
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

I decided to let my villagers wander my fortified town. The level 3.5 villager found the one internal flaw I made, wandered outside and was eaten by a zombie setting me back a fair number or resources. All because I wanted to be nice, well now I know better... Plus the butcher likes it when everyone locked up inside with him.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I used to have a sweet kiln with exposed fire beneath it. I always felt like I would be tempted to throw things into it or fall into it myself, so I built a fence around it to keep my temptations down. Low and behold, I started using the fence as a game to see if I could throw things over it without jumping.

I lost an infinity fire bow.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

Sounds like you had that one coming to you ;)
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!!!!! (Just happened a minute ago and I am still cleaning the mess I made on the floor)

I had just gotten my windmill up in my new world(got a fresh world for the recent release). I ground some netherrack and then it starts raining so I turned the windmill off and did some other things at my barn...

Came back later when the rain stopped and chucked a full stack of netherrack on the soulsand filtered hopper. I had forgotten to turn the windmill back on and as usual (it happened to me in another earlier game when I was a noob) the hopper explodes.
I thought there was "Nothing to Worry About!"

Until I got the Crap scared outa me!
Spoiler
Show
A FREAKING GAST!!!!! he starts blowing all my Crap up!!!

This did not happen the last time i did it... so I was ducking and running like a noob on their first night!

I don't know when this was implemented but this sounds like one of the "Nothing to worry about"s added in by FC

FC, WELL FREAKING DONE!!!!!! :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...dude, that's been years. Glad the old ones still manage to surprise people though ;)