Anvil recipes for BTW 3.22

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
dyrewulf

Anvil recipes for BTW 3.22

Post by dyrewulf »

I'm using an old version of BTW from beta 1.8.1 (last forge compatible version). I just found out the anvil was originally a 3x3 grid. Can anybody point me to the recipes that were used in those days?
Miss_Kat

Re: Anvil recipes for BTW 3.22

Post by Miss_Kat »

oh man. your best bet for something that ancient is just going through the thread at that era, I think. recipes were commonly posted then. I don't think there was craftguide support yet.
TheGreatIntelligence

Post by TheGreatIntelligence »

I'm kinda wondering why you're still on such an old version... Theres so very little to worry about in the new versions >:D
Saaaaaandviiich.. Saaaaandviiich....
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

TheGreatIntelligence wrote:I'm kinda wondering why you're still on such an old version... Theres so very little to worry about in the new versions >:D
He mentioned forge, so for me that explains it. I am just trying to figure out how that hasn't made FC mad yet.

But for reals, the new stuff is worth it man.
dyrewulf

Post by dyrewulf »

For me the short period when BTW was forge compatible was the best time for minecraft. FC's choice to break away always made sense to me, but my enjoyment of MC has died a slow death ever since. I look at current BTW with some sadness actually because while there are so many great features that have come about since, I really can't enjoy them without features I learned to love from other mods. None of those forge mods are worth playing without BTW either (far less so).

I know this forum is purists only, so I don't expect anyone here to really get it, but I've recently gone back to MC 1.8.1 just to play in that "magical" era again. Problem is it's harder than I expected to get recipes from old mod versions. I've managed to piece most of them together either by luck or by logic. I did also just discover a feature of the wiki while digging around that lets you see old versions of pages, and that helped me figure out the recipe for the redstone eye. I think that will probably work for anything I haven't worked out on my own.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

What other mods do you play with?
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

You can look at the old recipes by clicking "view history" and then looking for the right dates.
I'm not sure if the right dates and recipes: Here's a link to plate armor in 3*3 grid. sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Plat ... oldid=1734
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
dyrewulf

Post by dyrewulf »

Yhetti wrote:What other mods do you play with?
Buildcraft and RP2 mainly. RP2 mostly for the redstone gates and wiring but also for the sub-block system which while less integrated than BTW is much more flexible and allows more interesting construction possiblities. Really though it's the elegance and possibilities that the wiring and gates allows that I just can't do without. I love making intricate automated systems and machines. Vanilla redstone is so ugly and limited by comparison. I can appreciate people who have the patience and vision to make large elaborate redstone devices, but I love being able to compact it all into reasonable spaces.

I also like using the Laser Mod, and an ore generation mod that makes ores spawn in veins (still haven't found diamonds in the world I'm playing currently).

One thing I have done in my current game is maintain the tech tree system of BTW, meaning I can't use any of the BC or RP2 or Laser tech until I've reached the top of the tech tree.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Old versions of BTW are not supported, and thus this is off topic for these forums. It's also risking turning into a whine fest about the old days of Forge compatibility which I could do without.