Portal Problem (Spoilers)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
kingcharlesiii

Portal Problem (Spoilers)

Post by kingcharlesiii »

I used to have a nether portal in my base. It was a good distance from my animals, more than twenty blocks, but were still corrupted. I moved the portal quite far from the pens and brought in new animals. They still corrupted.

I moved the portal a third time, well out of any loaded chunks at my base. The animals still corrupted.

Are the effects of a portal in corrupting animals permanent in an area? Will I have to find a new spot to put my pens?
Mason11987

Re: Portal Problem (Spoilers)

Post by Mason11987 »

kingcharlesiii wrote:I used to have a nether portal in my base. It was a good distance from my animals, more than twenty blocks, but were still corrupted. I moved the portal quite far from the pens and brought in new animals. They still corrupted.

I moved the portal a third time, well out of any loaded chunks at my base. The animals still corrupted.

Are the effects of a portal in corrupting animals permanent in an area? Will I have to find a new spot to put my pens?
There is an "infection" aspect to the portal. I've never had an issue when I've started fresh, kill the portal, kill all nearby animals, move the portal a distance away, than place new animals, and never let anything (including wolves) near your portal, than near your animals or they'll infect them.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Nether corruption has a vector on the overworld. Be sure to cleanse everything (bronie points if you do it with fire). Here are some tips to find the little bastards you missed somewhere in your base:

They are noise sometimes, and pretty much only give away their corruption status when they move. ITS FUCKING CREEPY. Believe me, you will know when you see it.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
kingcharlesiii

Post by kingcharlesiii »

Ahhhh, I left my wolves alive the whole time. It must have spread from them.

It appears I have grim work ahead of me....

Thanks for the help
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Keep your wits about you; there is at least one other mode of transmission as well!

If you find yourself dealing with an infection that is getting out of control, try listening for the sound of infection. (I'm not referring to the low voices; I'm referring to a ghast-like sound made at the moment of infection). This will let you pinpoint the precise moment an infection occurs, which may help you figure out what's going wrong.
kilgore trout

Post by kilgore trout »

Seeing stuff like this really makes me wish I could play this mod with virgin eyes.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Just grab some friends to experience it the first time through them. It was nearly as enjoyable to watch their panic and confusion as the chickens began to explode XD
will_holmes

Post by will_holmes »

If I understand it correctly, when an infected creature dies for any reason, the infection can then jump to any nearby non-infected creature. In the case of chickens, this is a serious problem because the infection kills them, and it's often really difficult to separate them, so the infection can eliminate your entire flock if they're all near each other.

You're better off quarantining any infected animals you have, well away from any other animals, before killing them. I guess you could try bringing them into the Nether to guarantee they have no interaction with overworld animals, and then kill them there.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

will_holmes wrote:If I understand it correctly, when an infected creature dies for any reason, the infection can jump...
It was my understanding that it can spread whenever a creature reaches a certain point in their infection, not just when they die. Like when wolves spin their heads, when chickens explode or I guess when sheep float and that enables the infection to multiply. I could be wrong though
GreenComet

Post by GreenComet »

Yhetti wrote: It was my understanding that it can spread whenever a creature reaches a certain point in their infection, not just when they die. Like when wolves spin their heads, when chickens explode or I guess when sheep float and that enables the infection to multiply. I could be wrong though
Spoiler
Show
Wolves are the only ones who spread the infection without dying. All other animals have a special effect that goes along with Nether corruption - that's theirs.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

GreenComet wrote:...
Yeah that seems to make more sense...
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

So this is probably a huge spoiler, but I would like to ask this question:
Spoiler
Show
Does arcane enchanting also cause possession?
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

You know, in all of the Let's Plays I've watched where corruption happens, I've never seen what happens to pigs. Does anyone know what happens to them?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Rob

Post by Rob »

HavokSCOUT wrote:You know, in all of the Let's Plays I've watched where corruption happens, I've never seen what happens to pigs. Does anyone know what happens to them?
They turn to Zombie Pigment, I believe.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Rob wrote:They turn to Zombie Pigment, I believe.
So we talking forest green, or is it more like a very dark lime? :P

Thanks for the two cents. Makes sense that that's what they'd do, but I've yet to see it happen.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Rob

Post by Rob »

HavokSCOUT wrote:
Rob wrote:They turn to Zombie Pigment, I believe.
So we talking forest green, or is it more like a very dark lime? :P

Thanks for the two cents. Makes sense that that's what they'd do, but I've yet to see it happen.
Lol. I typed it on my phone, never noticed the auto correct. :P