[SPOILERZ] Hardcore Villagers trading mechanics.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
kilgore trout

Re: [SPOILERZ] Hardcore Villagers trading mechanics.

Post by kilgore trout »

Mesh wrote:I discovered that when one of my farmer villagers asked for a hoe to level up to 2, he was quite happy to accept a fully spent hoe, zero(or very low) durability.
Hate to be "that guy", but this was discussed. The thread is only a few pages long. It is probably worth reading before posting.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

kilgore trout wrote:
Mesh wrote:I discovered that when one of my farmer villagers asked for a hoe to level up to 2, he was quite happy to accept a fully spent hoe, zero(or very low) durability.
Hate to be "that guy", but this was discussed. The thread is only a few pages long. It is probably worth reading before posting.
As I stated, I purposefully didn't read the thread because I don't want any spoilers as I discover the trading mechanics for myself, but I didn't want to post my finding anywhere else on the possibility I might spoil it for anyone else. Cheers for letting me know it's already been discussed though, as long as I know it's intended then that's fair enough.
kilgore trout

Post by kilgore trout »

Mesh wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
As I stated, I purposefully didn't read the thread because I don't want any spoilers as I discover the trading mechanics for myself, but I didn't want to post my finding anywhere else on the possibility I might spoil it for anyone else. Cheers for letting me know it's already been discussed though, as long as I know it's intended then that's fair enough.

Definitely! I believe the reasoning is basically that the tools are renewable with the crucible, so the window for exploitation is very small. Didn't mean to come off with a hostile tone. :) Cheers!
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

jorgebonafe wrote:Ok, I'm still having problems.This time the saw is on the second block, and it still doesn't work... I can hear the saw working on the moment the trap goes off, and then after that is stops, and the skelleton starts to suffocate to death. I made sure to leave space for the skeleton to get into contact with the saw. Here are some screenshots, trap in action, with skelleton suffocating, trap reset and side view. I tried it three times, same result.
Spoiler
Show
I didn't see anyone respond to this, but it appears that the saw the skeleton was pushed into was not powered. I saw no particles (unlike its neighbor) and did not see sufficient space for power to run to it (other than from above which would be weird).
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

milkmandan wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:Ok, I'm still having problems.This time the saw is on the second block, and it still doesn't work... I can hear the saw working on the moment the trap goes off, and then after that is stops, and the skelleton starts to suffocate to death. I made sure to leave space for the skeleton to get into contact with the saw. Here are some screenshots, trap in action, with skelleton suffocating, trap reset and side view. I tried it three times, same result.
Spoiler
Show
I didn't see anyone respond to this, but it appears that the saw the skeleton was pushed into was not powered. I saw no particles (unlike its neighbor) and did not see sufficient space for power to run to it (other than from above which would be weird).
Nah, its powered. There are two gearboxes side by side, they are powered from above with some gearbox/axle magic. I think you can see some particles on the last image if you look closely.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

If you want his head, the saw has to be on the hight of the head ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Kezza wrote:If you want his head, the saw has to be on the hight of the head ;)
Read the rest of the thread... That is not right either...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
garrak_x86

Post by garrak_x86 »

Gilberreke wrote:That's one of the things I have a slight issue with. The hunt for wither skulls. I kinda stopped playing the server for the last week or so because of it. I know that if I go in there, it's back to killing wither skeletons.

I already hunted for at least 16 hours and I've got exactly 1 skull out of it :/

I could probably make a nether farm, but that groth requirement makes it a LOT of work. Mind you, I'm not really saying the balance is off yet, I might be missing the point.
I think you might consider searching for a different fortress then. We took about ~4h of play to get 3 heads (2x players, sticking together) and did some other nether stuff while at it (making ghast protection trees and so on). The a little bit weird part is, that more skeletons are outside of the fortress than inside of it. We found groups of 3 outside, while beeing lucky to see a single one inside of it.

The "Vessel of the Dragon" takes a lot more of time in my opinion (a fortress is easier to find), you might get lucky and find the other special locations before finding your village. But after spending days in jungles i would prefer killing the skeletons instead. For reference, i spent less time on moving my villagers to my main base than searching for that damn jungle temple :) (which is a 25min trip, making that a safe & flat underground passage [clearing lava on the way] and including some lookout towers)

/edit: to add a little irony to the worldgen / luck on finding locations: on the village-move i did dig through the dungeon which contains a End portal.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

garrak_x86 wrote:The "Vessel of the Dragon" takes a lot more of time in my opinion
It all depends. We have multiple vessels, but no wither skulls. Also, while we have like 17 villages, we found no carrots or potatos and it took us a really long ass time to find even a single piece of soulsand.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

garrak_x86 wrote:- I think you might consider searching for a different fortress then. We took about ~4h of play to get 3 heads (2x players, sticking together)
- The a little bit weird part is, that more skeletons are outside of the fortress than inside of it.
- The "Vessel of the Dragon" takes a lot more of time in my opinion.
Sounds about right. On my server (not my LP) I've spent about four hours and have two. Also, don't forget you can get looting one on a diamond sword. Not sure if that helps but I don't leave home without it. I don't know why but yes, most whither skeletons spawn outside. My fortress is now more of a series of hallways that lead to the outside. Also often onto the outside top of fortress hallways.

When i saw, and gave away my one and only installed and functional Vessel I cried a little on the inside. From three hoppers and a vessel to four hoppers hurt. Just adds to the "grand adventure" todo list.

Found carrots, no potatoes yet, in a village that is further than 4k away

Edit: Speling misstackes
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I started a second world (still playing on the old one too) and I went to the nether, spawned right by a fortress, my first time I was too helpless to do anything but get netherrack of course, but my second time I went in to get blaez rods, and I somehow got my first wither skull too, like the first time I ever killed a wither skeleton....I was pretty happy.
ion

Post by ion »

never had problems getting the wither skulls. maybe because i've made the demon pact first and gave the gift to the nether. once the fortress was mostly surrounded by the spread i did my killing with a looting I, smite 3 sword ( lucky enchant from a priest) and it was a matter of time in finding the 3 required heads, but i clearly didn't spend too much time hunting.
mechanical power with saws was also an option, but i did not like that yet, i like the hunting in an infested nether fortress more.
in this new world i got my villagers to the spawn like always through a tunnel and started trading. first only one farmer to max for scrolls and mycelium. good for big mushroom farming and for the spores. then i just saved a priest from a undead infested village brought him home and trading for eyes. still don't understand how those closed villagers become zombies.
having a blast leveling the butcher with strange meat from 50 or so farmers. they deserve a cruel death after they try to rip me off with cakes and low food when i have access to them by myself or better. saved only the maxxed one.
now i'm just doing big raider-slaver style in a desert killing farmers and blacksmiths and the rest just bringing them to my base.
like the librarians so far and priests as they are the most balanced and actually they just make me play and improve the farms all around.