What's your End-Game Fantasy?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TiLT

What's your End-Game Fantasy?

Post by TiLT »

What is the 'Ultimate Goal' that you want to achieve in BTW? A complete array of beacons? The 'Best' gear, armor, and potions possible? Every possible resource possible to be automated? A giant control room in which you can control your entire base? A vast complex mine cart network to take you anywhere?

I know what my end-game fantasy is:

A Restaurant.

Just a little diner in my world where I can go in (based on whatever time of day it is) and I could get some yummy food. Morning? Walk in and get dispensed a menu with options like poached eggs, toast, bacon, etc. Maybe for lunch I could order a tasty sandwich with chocolate milk and a cookie, then have this automatically delivered to me. And of course a delicious wolf dinner in the evening, all automated of course. Just my little BTW dream.

Anyway, I'll go back to eating bat wings and creeper testicles in a hole now...
DaveYanakov

Re: What's your End-Game Fantasy?

Post by DaveYanakov »

Are we talking reasonable or fantasy fantasies?

Way back when I assembled the half scale shell of the TCS Victory from the Wing Commander series. Now that the sky goes up to 256 I want to build the full scale beast and furnish it. While dealing with Hardcore Everything
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Drew Barrymore man. I know she's waiting for me at the end.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

DaveYanakov wrote:Are we talking reasonable or fantasy fantasies?

Way back when I assembled the half scale shell of the TCS Victory from the Wing Commander series. Now that the sky goes up to 256 I want to build the full scale beast and furnish it. While dealing with Hardcore Everything
God that looks cool, and yeah, whatever fantasy floats your boat.
FlowerChild wrote:Drew Barrymore man. I know she's waiting for me at the end.
I can see the next patch notes now, 'Hardcore Hardcore'.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Someday I'd like to make a huge castle with a town around it filled with villagers and all kinds of shops. :) I'll probably start once btw is all done so any changes flower child makes between now and then won't mess up anything :)

Inside the castle I'll have rooms for everything i nthe game, an alchemy room, a forge room(probably complete with a little lava pool added in creative), an armory, a giant kitchen with all kinds of food, and more :) Outside the castle walls would be my farms with giant fields of food :)

I'm not sure where to start though >....> I've never attempted a build quite so large XD
Rawr :D
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

My doom tower.. kinda of a mage tower but with black beacons, a large spooky cloud overhead, and a barren land where life is unable to sustain.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TiLT wrote:I can see the next patch notes now, 'Hardcore Hardcore'.
Do not cheapen what I have with Drew.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

FlowerChild wrote:
TiLT wrote:I can see the next patch notes now, 'Hardcore Hardcore'.
Do not cheapen what I have with Drew.
You're right, a restraining order doesn't come cheap! ;-)

As for my fantasy regarding BTW end game, I would say that I don't really have one beside achieving a technically and aesthetically pleasing whole.
I'm not for complete automation of resources collection, like a complete soul forged steel assembly line, because I like wandering through my world collecting stuff and putting it where it needs to go.
However, I'm all for having mob farms for every kind of mob, as it really is a must have for scrolls. And it teaches the bastards too!

It is the approach we went for on the server my friend and I play on and it works quite well! The only thing that we really need to tackle now, beside continuing to automate thing, is making every thing around our automations look good... And that's not really easy ;-)
But you will get some screenshots once we do it, promise!
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

FlowerChild wrote:Drew Barrymore man. I know she's waiting for me at the end.
Grumble - now my wife and I have to find a new fantasy chick.

As far as my fantasy build I want a single tower that contains all farms and grinders that produces mob drops as well as finished products.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

An Altar of Sacrifice for my infernal enchanter.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

EtherealWrath wrote:An Altar of Sacrifice for my infernal enchanter.
That is merely the first step on a very long list of procedures...

Anyway, my BTW dream is building a supermassive Bloodwood kingdom in the nether. I nearly achieved something similar once before, but then hardcore ghasts happened. With the added challenge, this fantasy holds so much more value.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
will_holmes

Post by will_holmes »

As someone who plays co-op hardcore with a friend, I define the win condition as a full-sized soulforged steel beacon and a complete soulforged steel factory. If we manage that, hardcore gets turned off and we pat ourselves on the back. So far no dice, but we've come close. Died due to accidentally aggroing a ton of our own wolves on the day before we set out to find the Ender Portal.

However, that doesn't stop us from wanting to create a massive villager-populated city complete with castle, shops, walls and docks, complete with automated lighting and portcullises.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

will_holmes wrote:As someone who plays co-op hardcore with a friend, I define the win condition as a full-sized soulforged steel beacon and a complete soulforged steel factory. If we manage that, hardcore gets turned off and we pat ourselves on the back. So far no dice, but we've come close. Died due to accidentally aggroing a ton of our own wolves on the day before we set out to find the Ender Portal.

However, that doesn't stop us from wanting to create a massive villager-populated city complete with castle, shops, walls and docks, complete with automated lighting and portcullises.
A full sized medieval themed settlement with its own castle and active defenses. Once I do that I will relocate my beacon and found a new settlement by killing the natives and claiming the land as my own.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Dorugami wrote:
will_holmes wrote:As someone who plays co-op hardcore with a friend, I define the win condition as a full-sized soulforged steel beacon and a complete soulforged steel factory. If we manage that, hardcore gets turned off and we pat ourselves on the back. So far no dice, but we've come close. Died due to accidentally aggroing a ton of our own wolves on the day before we set out to find the Ender Portal.

A full sized medieval themed settlement with its own castle and active defenses. Once I do that I will relocate my beacon and found a new settlement by killing the natives and claiming the land as my own.
Yeah a automatic defense grid and a personal army of soldiers (if you were on an SMP server) sounds super cool.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I want to have a fine tune grinder of each type built. As well as full SFS machinery/factory. A fully stocked library with scrolls of each type. Lastly the mega project that will launch Steve's soul into the warp escaping his purgatory :D
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

Building a self-reseting digital clock (on sunrise) - so i am able to see the ingame time at my main base.
I hope I figure out a way to deal with thunder storms/ rain wich doesn't end up in a worst case
scenario of having the wrong time displaed for about two days.
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

my end-game is quite simple. i just want to be able to have a good size fort (kinda like the orc forts in skyrim) and then be able to go and explore my world without having a high risk of dying from some little stupid reason (like the beast). and then make everything look nice
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

I'm thinking a 300-block by 300-block network of active millstones. Oooh, with a bed in the middle!

But honestly, castle in the sky. Out above the water, with a grand staircase going up it, pillars. Mmmhm.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

ThePowerofTower wrote:I'm thinking a 300-block by 300-block network of active millstones. Oooh, with a bed in the middle!

But honestly, castle in the sky. Out above the water, with a grand staircase going up it, pillars. Mmmhm.
Ah yes, but, wouldn't it be even cooler if it was a flying Denny's? :P
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

I want to own the land. I want to be continually building in a world to where there is always something man-made in view. I want to have worked on every inch of land, to have settlements across the landscape! I want monsters to hide below ground and tremble, for they have no place on the surface.

I may not be very creative at building, but I want my mediocrity all across the landscape. That is my dream!
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Caevin wrote:I want to own the land. I may not be very creative at building, but I want my mediocrity all across the landscape.
This is the pessimistic view of industrialization in a nutshell :P.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I would love to have a giant(and by that I mean, really giant) floating island, only connected by a few elevators and shafts to the blighted and destroyed ground beneath