BTW - Video Series List and Discussion Thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battlecat

BTW - Video Series List and Discussion Thread

Post by Battlecat »

Here is a list of all the known youtube channels that are posting Better than Wolves content. Feel free to discuss any and all better than wolves videos here in this thread. If you have or know of a Better than Wolves series of any sort go ahead and post it in this thread and I’ll get it added to the OP list as soon as possible. Post your new videos when they come up and discuss as much as you see fit. Drop me a private message if you think you were missed!

Important Thread Rule Change: As Per Flowerchild's Request, please do not post embedded videos without spoiler tags. URL Links only in the main post from this point forward.

By default, the link will go to the series playlist page. In the absence of a playlist, I'll put the link to the main channel.

***** Single Player LP Series *****

----Icynewyear----
Adventures in Icyopolis
BTW Patch Highlights

----Sockthing----
Wild Sockthing: Better than Wolves
BTW Tutorials

----Ko Teknik (French)----
Let’s Play Minecraft Better than Wolves | Hardcore

----MrSweezo----
Better than Wolves

----Huntantor----
Playing Better than Wolves

----Force21----
Force 21’s Let’s Play of: Better than Wolves

----MagikEh----
Blind Better than Wolves Playthrough

----SergeantSlate----
Return to Better than Wolves

----JeetTol----
Better than Wolves - Final World

----MrKaitocain----
Kaito Returns to Better than Wolves

----Lac's Lives----
Lac Plays Minecraft Better than Wolves

----Havok Scout----
Havok Bites

----mcKrawll----
Better than Wolves (Episode 1, no playlist)

----xbony2----
Better than Wolves

----thekyz (French)----
BTW LP

----Ashen Crow----
Ash isn't Better than Wolves

----Arrobee----
Arrobee in Better than Wolves
Arrobee Adventures in Icyopolis

----kjbrona----
Better than Wolves

----GunGuyGunner----
Better than Wolves Playthrough

----QuadroGeek (Portuguese)----
Geek Hardcore - Minecraft BTW

----haschischtasche----
Better than Wolves

----FortMarkProductions----
Minecraft: Better Than Wolves

***** Multiplayer LP Series *****

----Battlecat and David----
Better than Wolves - Server Survival - Season 2
Better than Wolves: The Next Generation

----Rawny and Ripper----
McRawny & CmdrRipper Co-op Let's Play (Rawny's Channel)
Rip & Rawn's Better than Wolves Let's Play (McRipper's Channel)

----Havok Scout----
Better than Friends

----Vioki9999----
- Better than Wolves – Season 2

----Crew Gaming----
- Better than Wolves Let's Play

----Sockthing----
- Better than Wolves: Sterben leicht gemacht (German)
- Sock's Icyopolis Adventure (English)

----Arrobee----
- Arobee is Building with Icynewyear

----Mesh----
- Minecraft Coop - Better than Wolves

***** Inactive or Completed LP Series *****
Note: These are no longer actively updating or have not updated recently. The information about BTW contained within may be out of date but they are likely still entertaining.

----Rawny----
McRawny's Let's Play - Split Seconds

----frank2982----
- Brothers and Wolves

----Battlecat
Better than Wolves – With Family and Friends - Season 1
Last edited by Battlecat on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Restless

Re: BTW - Video Series List and Discussion Thread

Post by Restless »

Some more guys I'm currently watching.

Lac Plays Minecraft Better Than Wolves
http://www.youtube.com/user/LacsLives

Kaito Returns to Better Than Wolves
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKaitocain

SergeantSlate·Return to Better Than Wolves
http://www.youtube.com/user/SergeantSlate

Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves
http://www.youtube.com/user/JeetTol

MagikEh's longstanding series
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagikEh
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

That's the prob with an OP like this, some of those are active series and some haven't had an episode in a good while. Another issue is this thread is called "series" but all the links are channels. I like Icy's videos, he "narrates" awesomely but I can't subscribe to his channel. All I play is BTW, no other game, and he puts out a lot of great stuff that I unfortunately don't want to see. Linking to a channel like that, great as it is, could be "difficult" if you're looking for BTW stuff. I'd rather people find Icy's BTW videos but it could be a negative thing to Icy as well if they can't find what they're looking for. There was stat about how long people stay on a page when looking for information and its seconds.

I created a playlist of my Split Seconds series but it is ended, no more episodes will be added to it. Does that go into a defunct section?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0FTnhSrqjG

I like the premise of this thread but it may need "work". Am I the only one thinking/feeling this way; I could just be an idiot and/or jerk?
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Playlist links could help :)
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

It's just a place to start, fortunately I can edit it as needed!

When you put it that way Rawny I suppose it makes more sense to link to the series rather than the channel. I can make that change easily enough. Maybe linking the playlist page for the BTW videos if one exists would be sensible.

Here's an an example for Adventures in Icyopolis Playlist

As for active or inactive, we should probably discuss what constitutes an "inactive series" for the purpose of this thread. How long seems reasonable, one month or more? I can see about archiving inactive series at the bottom of the OP or something.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

I'm liking this so far! A good way to see who's doing a LP :) I'm just wondering if we should post new episodes in this thread at all or post them in the other thread? Or is the other thread now old and ready to be locked?
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Go ahead and post them here. I think it's reasonable to keep all discussion regarding videos in one place, but getting the OP organized will help everyone.

I just had a thought, what about organizing the op like this? Using Icynewyear as an example again.

----Icynewyear----
Adventures in Icyopolis
BTW Patch Highlights

Should work better and those link directly to playlists rather than the whole channel. In the absence of a playlist link, the channel would be the next choice. I'll still group them by Multiplayer, Singleplayer and Inactive.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Battlecat wrote:Go ahead and post them here. I think it's reasonable to keep all discussion regarding videos in one place, but getting the OP organized will help everyone.

I just had a thought, what about organizing the op like this? Using Icynewyear as an example again.

----Icynewyear----
Adventures in Icyopolis
BTW Patch Highlights

Should work better and those link directly to playlists rather than the whole channel. In the absence of a playlist link, the channel would be the next choice. I'll still group them by Multiplayer, Singleplayer and Inactive.
Yeah, people can post their updates in this thread all they want its the OP that will be difficult. I really like that section you did right there but that means people who want their serieseses to be posted OP will need to do some "work" and playlist their stuff, which I'm in full support of. If not, they'll just have a channel link.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Battlecat wrote:Go ahead and post them here. I think it's reasonable to keep all discussion regarding videos in one place, but getting the OP organized will help everyone.

----Icynewyear----
Adventures in Icyopolis
BTW Patch Highlights

Alright! And this way of organizing looks good! :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Updates are done. I agree, that does look much better. I'll keep refining it as time goes on. All the series that have been mentioned above are on the list now.

Let me know if any modifications are needed!

Also, on a completely separate note, Episode 9 of my Friends and Family series is out today. I called this one "Unsafe Everything" . . . :-)
SergeantSlate

Post by SergeantSlate »

I've been lurking for a long time and had come here to post a link to my series, but I see you added it already. Thanks for including it on there!
-J-

Post by -J- »

Nice to see you back on BTW, Sarge. I actually discovered the mod through your village building series. I owe you.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

SergeantSlate wrote:I've been lurking for a long time and had come here to post a link to my series, but I see you added it already. Thanks for including it on there!
Wow! SergeantSlate's first EVER post! After all this time I've been watching your BTW videos! Welcome!

I also assembled the playlist for my coop series. TY Battlecat
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yk1t7Pl8zD
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Episode 2 is up! :)

HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I've turned most of my vids into playlists:
Havok Bites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIcAJ3i- ... 7wTPdpVHAB
Better Than Friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO-_HX7k ... kg4KxSoAht
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Rawny and HavokSCOUT, I've made the changes to the OP to update the links to your series playlists. Thanks for letting me know!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Battlecat wrote:Rawny and HavokSCOUT, I've made the changes to the OP to update the links to your series playlists. Thanks for letting me know!
No no... thank you.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Heh, Episode 10 of BTW with Family and Friends is now up. What a crazy mess this one was. :-)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

After asking his permission, I downloaded his publicly available YouTube videos and made a fan video of Ko-teknik and his BTW Let's Play series that I enjoy a lot.
I also took the opportunity the download some of my very VERY old videos that I didn't have backed up cus I never thought of it at the time.

Check out Ko-teknik and support his vids, if you can, cus he's french.

Enjoy. With love,
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Haha! Great job there Rawny :D And yes everyone who can understand french should check out Ko-teknik!
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Rawny wrote:After asking his permission, I downloaded his publicly available YouTube videos and made a fan video of Ko-teknik and his BTW Let's Play series that I enjoy a lot.
I also took the opportunity the download some of my very VERY old videos that I didn't have backed up cus I never thought of it at the time.

Check out Ko-teknik and support his vids, if you can, cus he's french.

Enjoy. With love,

Awesome ! Huge tank again ^^
I look 20 times lol
merci a toutes les personnes ici ! C'est une très belle communauté
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

ko_teknik wrote:[Translated from ko_teknik]
A thank you to everybody here (forum)! This is a wonderful community
OMG I'm crying... I just worked on and added English Closed Captioning (subtitles).
Turn it on!
http://youtu.be/t1fVxbtkN1I
EDIT: Yes yes... I know... I'm laughing at my own jokes.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Before the captions I had to google the word he was saying over and over again, google translated it to Whore, which made me fall over laughing. What he's really saying is funny, but not as funny as I imagined. :P
Great video none-the-less, and I will subscribe to watch more of his videos even though I don't understand him. :D
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Rob wrote:Before the captions I had to google the word he was saying over and over again, google translated it to Whore, which made me fall over laughing. What he's really saying is funny, but not as funny as I imagined. :P Great video none-the-less, and I will subscribe to watch more of his videos even though I don't understand him. :D
You're right, the literal translation is "whore", as I'm certain you know, he's using it more of an "Oh shit oh shit!". I'm Canadian french and I don't think I've ever heard "Putain" used in regular speak but we know the meaning of it as "whore", its never used. You're right Rob and that's why I made the video, each time I hear him scream it out it makes me laugh because for me its "oh whore oh whore!" too. I used "bitch" as an in-between word to try and encompass the "feel" of what he's saying and it's literal meaning.

This thread and its OP is good. Ripper and I have more coming soon. I know its been while compared to the almost daily that was happening.
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Episode 3 ;)