BTW - Video Series List and Discussion Thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battlecat

Re: BTW - Video Series List and Discussion Thread

Post by Battlecat »

Episode 12 has arrived. I am absolutely obsessed with caving and getting diamonds.

Also, Episode 11 went up on Sunday. I didn't have a chance to post it here due to busy family times!

Enjoy!
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

Battlecat wrote:Episode 12 has arrived. I am absolutely obsessed with caving and getting diamonds.

Also, Episode 11 went up on Sunday. I didn't have a chance to post it here due to busy family times!

Enjoy!
I know you're still using backlogged videos probably, but why are you so hellbent on going down alone, unarmored, and decide you don't want to make a sword? A sword down in the darkest strata is so useful you'll be kicking yourself when you finally get one. Not only will it not break mid-fight (which has killed you multiple times) it also allows for blocking, which makes a HUGE difference in how much damage a surprise creeper can deal to you.

You're trying to explore and mine in the lowest strata using the same strategies that you would in the highest, that's why you're having such a tough time. And really, one guy carrying the iron pick, and another carrying the iron sword down there can make a huge difference in survival (I know that's a little late now after all the deaths separating people).
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Calo290 wrote: I know you're still using backlogged videos probably, but why are you so hellbent on going down alone, unarmored, and decide you don't want to make a sword? A sword down in the darkest strata is so useful you'll be kicking yourself when you finally get one. Not only will it not break mid-fight (which has killed you multiple times) it also allows for blocking, which makes a HUGE difference in how much damage a surprise creeper can deal to you.

You're trying to explore and mine in the lowest strata using the same strategies that you would in the highest, that's why you're having such a tough time. And really, one guy carrying the iron pick, and another carrying the iron sword down there can make a huge difference in survival (I know that's a little late now after all the deaths separating people).
Yeah, at that point in recording we were pushing up towards about 11:30 pm and I wasn't making my best decisions. Certainly a bit downside to long gaming sessions. In the absence of backup, I was simply trying to push out and see if I could spot the resources we need to get one step closer to bringing people home. At least I'm wasn't carrying the iron pick; it's safe and sound in a chest. I only plan on pulling out that pick if I find our target materials.

I'll also admit I was just a bit startled how much more dangerous the deeper strata layers wound up being. Knowing and experiencing it are two completely different things!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Hate to double post, but Episode 13 is now out. The unluckiest video number has the title "Finally". I guess luck is a funny thing. :-)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

First Episode of my "BTW Tutorials" Series.
I was going through the "Show your Builds" thread and thought I'd share some of the designs with you!
First Bellows Design is inspired by Itamarcu.
Sorry about my rambling at somepoints, this is a new format that I need to get used to :)

Better Than Wolves: Tutorial | Basics: Bellows

Edit: Playlist Link for OP
Last edited by Sockthing on Fri May 16, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Episode 4 is here! Short and sweet this time.

Six

Post by Six »

Sockthing wrote:First Episode of my "BTW Tutorials" Series.
I was going through the "Show your Builds" thread and thought I'd share some of the designs with you!
First Bellows Design is inspired by Itamarcu.
Sorry about my rambling at somepoints, this is a new format that I need to get used to :)

Edit: Playlist Link for OP
Nice work man, I've seen a number of people come into irc needing help with getting that working and you do a great job of explaining it. I would just request that you make sure to actually tag is somewhere in the description "Minecraft Better Than Wolves" so it is better searchable on youtube.

And back to the discussion of what this and other threads are for, I hope you all don't mind if I just continue to use this thread like I intended to use the previous, i.e. dropping mentions and links to new videos I see pop up.

Speaking of which, 'The Crew' are back at it and clueless as ever, and it is so very entertaining. The end few minutes of this episode (which I'm linking direct to) I think have become my #1 favorite BTW moment to date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZgQU6RNLI&t=10m45s
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote:Speaking of which, 'The Crew' are back at it and clueless as ever, and it is so very entertaining. The end few minutes of this episode (which I'm linking direct to) I think have become my #1 favorite BTW moment to date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZgQU6RNLI&t=10m45s
Yeah, that was admittedly pretty epic right there :)
Huntanor

Post by Huntanor »

I just wanted to say thanks for including me in your post. I love this mod and you have a very useful and well maintained forum here. Wanting to thank you for including my series in your post pushed me over the edge into actually signing up. Generally I hate forums. Generally I stay miles away from them. Thanks again.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

I keep subscribing to more and more of these playthroughs. They are fun, most of em.
I love the new series Sockthing. Especially since you added a minimalism version. Can't wait for the next video.
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

Hey everyone. I mentioned a while back that I was going to try and do a Let's Play with my brother. We finally got around to recording a little bit. Here is the link to the playlist. Only 1 episode up so far. Have 4 episodes total that will be uploaded. Should be recording more soon though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... OX5QjKzP-I

Edit: Also don't mind all my umms and what not. I usually don't talk while playing. So having to enunciate what I am thinking didn't go so well. Enjoy.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

frank2982 wrote:Hey everyone. I mentioned a while back that I was going to try and do a Let's Play with my brother. We finally got around to recording a little bit. Here is the link to the playlist. Only 1 episode up so far. Have 4 episodes total that will be uploaded. Should be recording more soon though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... OX5QjKzP-I

Edit: Also don't mind all my umms and what not. I usually don't talk while playing. So having to enunciate what I am thinking didn't go so well. Enjoy.
Welcome to the list Frank2982! Also I've added Sockthing's new series, The Crew and mcKrawl from the old thread. I think that gets us up to date.

Also, on a completely separate note, Episode 14 of BTW with Family and Friends is here. It also marks the beginning of our third recording session!
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

Episode 2 is here. With more Umm's. This time our heros deal with a lack of food. How will it turn out for them?

Also another note for this and the next 2 videos to follow. This was recorded around 11 pm to 12:30 am after being up since 7 am that morning. So we both start getting a little tired. You'll start hearing me breathing into the mic more often. Tay Zonday would be disappointed.

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Episode 2 of Krawll messing up :)

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 17 episode posted!

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

:) Its been a while, but in this new episode we have some storage wars!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Yay MagikEh! And I love how your storage room looks! I will totally rip... unless it burns down!

DAY 18 episode posted!

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view

And I don't think he'll say it but SergeantSlate has a few more BTW posts up.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Episode 15 of BTW with Family and Friends went live last night. Portals in Minecraft are very aggravating to work with.
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

Episode 3 is up. We tried to record some more yesterday but even after I upgraded the server it seemed to lag even worse. Not sure if it was the connect on my side or not. My brother should be able to record tonight so might get in a few more hours. My other brothers could also join us. We got one more finished episode. Will try and upload it tonight.

Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Episode 16 is here. Good grief portals are a pain.
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Episode 5 for all you wonderful people ;)

ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Épisode 26 ! Expérimenting Nether PNJ ;o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPSNHA2iLLg
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by ko_teknik on Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 19 episode posted! From new batch.

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

Episode 4 is up. When we went to record after this episode we had some issues. We had 4 of us on the server at the same time. My one brother was on his own connection and was able to play fine. But me, my brother in the first 4 videos and one of our other brothers were playing from the same connection. Me and the other were on wireless. But all 3 of us were lagging pretty bad. It made recording pretty horrible as the game play was really jumpy. We've played a little since then without recording.

So just a question. Would that ruin the experience of watching the action knowing that maybe 2 weeks of Minecraft time has elapsed since Episode 4 was shot. A lot of stuff has happened. I would do a recap basically for episode 5 to explain what I would be doing at that point. Which should catch up to the action starting in episode 6.