Separating rotten flesh from glass bottles

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
thekyz

Separating rotten flesh from glass bottles

Post by thekyz »

Is there a way to separate glass bottles from rotten flesh ? They stack in the same chest in my mob trap and I can't find any way to separate those. I tried the bellows, buoyancy, & hopper filters but nothing works. Only thing I found is rotten flesh is destroyed by a crucible so I can filter it out this way, but i'd like to keep my rotten flesh as i use it for kibble. Any idea ?
Fret

Re: Separating rotten flesh from glass bottles

Post by Fret »

Well you probably aren't going to like this. You can seperate zombies from witches. But if you already build your mobtrap it probably isn't worth the trouble to adjust this.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Do glass bottles get melted down in the crucible? If not I was thinking you could have them both go into a crucible, burn away the flesh, and dump the bottles out.

If they do, well... you got glass now and can craft them back? :D?
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Psion wrote:Do glass bottles get melted down in the crucible? If not I was thinking you could have them both go into a crucible, burn away the flesh, and dump the bottles out.
Crucibles don't touch the bottles, and as I said i'd prefer to keep the flesh (that will be my solution if it's not possible of course).
Fret wrote:Well you probably aren't going to like this. You can seperate zombies from witches. But if you already build your mobtrap it probably isn't worth the trouble to adjust this.
Mmmh, I could do that around my killing chamber without disturbing the trap so much, and do a second kill chamber for the zombies only.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Well, you could expand your sorting system by an attached production circle.
As you want to use the rotten flesh only for kibble you can just immediately process it to kibble and then only have to separate kibble and bottles.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Epsilon wrote:Well, you could expand your sorting system by an attached production circle.
As you want to use the rotten flesh only for kibble you can just immediately process it to kibble and then only have to separate kibble and bottles.
That's actually a great idea ^^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hmmm...never considered that. Will try to build an appropriate sorting method into the next release, as I assume both of them have equal buoyancy and bellows blow distance at present.

But yeah, sorting based on processing the rotten flesh either by destroying it or turning it into Kibble sounds pretty good too :)
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

They do. You may also note that shafts (dropped from witches) and bones have the same problem, and contrary to the flesh & bottles you can't even separate them by transforming one or the other since the shafts will block the millstone.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

thekyz wrote:They do. You may also note that shafts (dropped from witches) and bones have the same problem, and contrary to the flesh & bottles you can't even separate them by transforming one or the other since the shafts will block the millstone.
Yeah, I'll take a look at the witch drops overall. I think I neglected to consider them in drop sorting when I broadened their spawns to include entire swamps.
Soaplegs

Post by Soaplegs »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, I'll take a look at the witch drops overall. I think I neglected to consider them in drop sorting when I broadened their spawns to include entire swamps.
Huzzah! I had the same problem with my sorting system, If the witches aren't sorted out of the main line before they reach the killing chamber, the witch drops are hard to separate from the rest of the items. The witch wart, glass bottles and sticks behave identically to respectively creeper oysters, rotten flesh, and bones in the hopper, in front of bellows, and in water. Since I don't particularly like showering in potions of harming I didn't experiment with sorting out the witches alive, but always thought it should be possible due to their height.
Lenburg1

Post by Lenburg1 »

When it comes to millstones getting clogged up with sticks. I have just finished design that automatically unclogs by using a block dispenser to suck it up and then place it back. It was really fun to build with a good amount of challenge and it fits into a single chunk. I won't spoil my design because trying to build it is part of the fun. I know this thread is a little old but I feel that some people will find this useful.