Share Your Epic Fails

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MaxAstro

Re: Share Your Epic Fails

Post by MaxAstro »

Well, my "luck" continues.

Built another nether road, 500 blocks in a different direction. Made the portal. Hit ocean. Crap. Backed up 100 blocks. 3200 blocks in the overworld probably isn't far enough for villages, but it's a start. This time the portal hit land. Finally. Went through, turned off the portal to avoid corrupting animals, started killing stuff for loot. On a nearby beach, I found a partially sand-filled spawner. Cool, I think, nearly free loot. The sand is piled high enough that I can only see into one side of the spawner - it's a zombie spawner. I kill what zombies I can reach, place torches where I can, and then bravely leap into the room to finish it off. At this point, four things hit me at once.

1) The room is considerably bigger and darker than I thought.

2) It's actually TWO spawners, cojoined.

3) The ledge I came from is one block too high for me to climb back out.

4) A web, launched with perfect accuracy by a spider from across the room.

My death was swift.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

My fail is less epic this time (or rather, it's a bit more standard), but the impact is undeniably worse: I left my door open as I entered, only intending to make a brief visit. And, well, no visit is too brief for a "visitor" to arrive.
Spoiler
Show
I only just barely managed to make it over the top of the ladder as he exploded, taking all of my friends (and the ladder) with him.

My shears never leave my side. Tragically, however, they were not on my hotbar. If only, if only....
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

There's an enormous pit next to my "house" that i usually ignore because it's partly walled off and out of the way. But I found a slime inside it on a ledge. So what do I do? Not ignore it of course, but walk down the short staircase I made to the opposite side and lead the slime to its swift and gravitational demise in the bottom of the pit... "Man" I say to myself, "That's a long way down.. OH SHIT" And promptly follow the course of the slime. Pretty sure that was the bug when sneaking down the side of halfblocks, the game thinks your about to drop down half of a block so it lets you, except the way sneaking finds blocks is a bit big and so it drops you down even if your not aiming for the "halfblock drop". But I decided to make a let's play so I got that going for me which is nice...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I was killed about halfway through the first day of a fresh world by a wolf.

"It's the first day, no way they're hungry, I can just stroll on by and... "
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

So I just really epic failed, wanted to share it with you.

I am wandering around my world after a recent respawn. Too frustrated that I died before, I dont bother at all to get iron, but just walk around. Dig a hole for the night and keep wandering around. But then I see this swamp. You will now say, ah we know where this is heading. Well maybe not as you would think. It's a little swamp, but it has a witch hut. And I really really want the brewing stand, even I have absolutly no use for it. I seek out the area and see 3 witches around the hut, protecting it. I find one little gap, where I think none of them will notice me. So I hop into the hut and try and grab the brewing stand. Suddenly I hear strange noises and I can hear the witch behind me. In my panic I acctually used my stone axe to grab the brewing stand. And as it finally breaks, it just disappears. Vanishes. FUCK. The witch is in the door way heading towards me. I think, I'm dead. I fucked up. But she just walks towards me doing nothing. So I run out and away. She follows me, but very slowly. I manage to lose her. I survived, but I failed, in destroying a brewing stand.. A few moments later I find an opportunity to snatch the cistern, which I grabbed with my stone pick. No problems there.

I hope you liked the little story. I have recorded it as well, gonna put it on youtube in my next episode.
On another note: why didnt the witch attack me? I'm running BTW 4.89PHILLIP

Edit: And now after reading throught the first few posts, I noticed Wibbles had the same fail.. Double fail on my side?
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Sockthing wrote:snip
I've found that witches are almost blind. If you get close enough they attack, but very slowly. It's their noses i bet. Once they smell you then they track the smell for a few dozen blocks. I managed to walk about 40 or so blocks away (I'm not a good estimator) from a witch and she still followed me.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

The continuing story of my nether road...

So the road has been extended to 600 blocks now. Along the way, a ghast fireballed the bottom of the road, sending me high into the air and off the edge... Only some quick thinking with my roommate involving a piton, some rope, and a lot of luck recovered my gear - including a full set of diamond tools. A pigman wandered off with my tanned leather helm. Bastard's welcome to it.

Anyway, finally we head through the portal. It exits undergroud. Grumble. By now I know this means it's under the ocean. Fine, at least we can gather some resources. Before long, my roommate and I discover we are actually kinda lucky - the cavern it opened into intersects an abandoned mine shaft. Finally we have a chance to get some melons and a bunch of iron! We bravely dive in. The following conversation happens:

Roommate: "Shouldn't we mark our path or something?"

Me: "Nah, I have a good sense of direction. Besides, we won't be here for long. Ooh, look, storage cart!"

Roommate: "If you say so. I still think we should at least block off dead ends."

Me: "Don't worry, mineshafts are pretty safe since they are fairly well lit. Besides, we came from this hall right here. Or was it this one? Eh, I'm sure I'll figure it out on the way back."

Two HOURS later, having consumed 90% of our food supply, wandered through the same six rooms dozens of times, and been ambushed by zombies more times than I can remember, we finally found the nether portal again. We dived through and sealed the damn thing behind us.

But at least we got our melon seeds, right?
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I was slaying junglespiders to try and get their new drop, but searching for spiders for a minute, i was surprised by a flock of them. Weirdly enough i was out of my sfs beacon range, and now im searching for redstone so i can get home :)
magikninja

Post by magikninja »

While looking for a dessert temple, I found a village, with potatoes. After collecting them, I continued to roam when I heard lava. For some reason I wanted to find it, so I dug up 1 sand and the blocks around me fell and I dropped into the lava and died.
Rob

Post by Rob »

magikninja wrote:While looking for a dessert temple, I found a village, with potatoes. After collecting them, I continued to roam when I heard lava. For some reason I wanted to find it, so I dug up 1 sand and the blocks around me fell and I dropped into the lava and died.
I've done this. That self destructing itch to find that buried treasure. It happened to me on the late Leviathan server. Thirty minutes of exploring to restart in the wasteland called HCS radius. lol
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Sorry if im posting too many epic fails... but i need to share this...
So, i have been working on this zombiepigman farm the past few days. For that i needed stacks and stacks of pistons, but for some reason i thought i needed sticky pistons, so of course i spent a century working on a slimefarm, just to realise i could use normal pistons... #FML
Six

Post by Six »

So I had two great moments the other day.

Moment one:
I was in the process of teching up, had just assembled my kiln and had a single hibachi under it. One hibachi goes mighty slow though, so I decide I should make another. I run over to my nether goods chest, grab some netherrack and throw it in the millstone. While that's grinding I run around to the other side of my windmill into the house, throw down the hopper and put the soulsand into it. Then of course I decide since I have a kiln I might as well make some urns so the souls don't go to waste, so I run back around the other side, get some clay out of another chest and slap that on the turntable.

But urns take a while to spin up on the turntable, so while the next one is being made I'm running over to the millstone to grab ground netherrack which has popped out, running to the kiln to collect the previous cooked urn, throwing down another in the kiln, then back to the turntable to dig off the new urn and placing more clay. Once I have a few urns cooked and a fair bit of netherrack, I throw a fresh urn in the kiln, slap another bit of clay on the turntable and run over to the hopper to bottle a few souls before that clay spins into an urn. I place a cooked urn under the hopper, toss the netherrack on top and BOOM. I'd purposely left the axle unattached to the hopper in case a storm came, and had been too occupied with everything going on to remember to attach it. With the server on hard mode and no cover nearby, the ghast made quick work of me.

Moment two:
Later on in the same day, I've made it back to this base and am a bit further along. My wall is mostly complete now, blocking out everything except for a few spots spiders can slip through where I'm missing the whitestone I want to fill it with. The inside is all lit up, so I can feel safer working at night and get more done. Having learned my lesson earlier, I not only leave the hopper powered whenever it is out, I also double check for the gear icon before using just in case, plus I'm also restraining myself from running around between too many tasks at once.

But once again I'm wanting some more soul urns, so I get spinning and cooking the 8 urns for the stack of netherrack I have. While making them I hear a few zombie groans and spider screeches, but I'm just moving between the turntable and kiln and the wall is keeping them out. With all 8 done I head over to the hopper on the other side of the windmill and place down the first cooked urn under it. I double check that the hopper is powered, split my stack of ground netherrack into stacks of 8 and throw the first on top. Urn pops off, I place another and repeat. Everything is going fine as I place down the last urn and open my inventory to toss the final 8 netherrack on top. As it leaves my hands, I hear in my left ear a 'screee', *floop*, then BOOM as the hopper explodes. It takes a second for my mind to process what just happened. The spider I'd heard while making urns had made it through a gap in my wall, then while I was making urns walked close enough to agro on me, targeted me through the windmill and shot a web. The web hit the windmill causing it to pop off, which meant the hopper had become unpowered just as I'd tossed the last stack of netherrack at it and I now had a ghast above my head shooting fireballs at me. I ran for my nearby trees, trying to bat the ghast fireballs back, but with my terrible ping and a spider eating my head, one of them set me on fire and I was soon dead.
ylogaj

Post by ylogaj »

Six wrote:Moment two:
Later on in the same day, I've made it back to this base and am a bit further along. My wall is mostly complete now, blocking out everything except for a few spots spiders can slip through where I'm missing the whitestone I want to fill it with. The inside is all lit up, so I can feel safer working at night and get more done. Having learned my lesson earlier, I not only leave the hopper powered whenever it is out, I also double check for the gear icon before using just in case, plus I'm also restraining myself from running around between too many tasks at once.

But once again I'm wanting some more soul urns, so I get spinning and cooking the 8 urns for the stack of netherrack I have. While making them I hear a few zombie groans and spider screeches, but I'm just moving between the turntable and kiln and the wall is keeping them out. With all 8 done I head over to the hopper on the other side of the windmill and place down the first cooked urn under it. I double check that the hopper is powered, split my stack of ground netherrack into stacks of 8 and throw the first on top. Urn pops off, I place another and repeat. Everything is going fine as I place down the last urn and open my inventory to toss the final 8 netherrack on top. As it leaves my hands, I hear in my left ear a 'screee', *floop*, then BOOM as the hopper explodes. It takes a second for my mind to process what just happened. The spider I'd heard while making urns had made it through a gap in my wall, then while I was making urns walked close enough to agro on me, targeted me through the windmill and shot a web. The web hit the windmill causing it to pop off, which meant the hopper had become unpowered just as I'd tossed the last stack of netherrack at it and I now had a ghast above my head shooting fireballs at me. I ran for my nearby trees, trying to bat the ghast fireballs back, but with my terrible ping and a spider eating my head, one of them set me on fire and I was soon dead.
I've had that happen before as well. My workshop was instead on top of a mountain. I'd already made at least 10 soul urns, and as I went to make another, BOOM. Spider had wrecked the windmill. The ghast then proceded to fill my workshop with holes, set everything on fire, and finally, kill me.

Woohoo.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I was mining for iron in a ravine, while trying to light it up for my future mob farm.
As I finish lighting up the ledges that could spawn suicide zombies and creepers, I decide to go into the cave right bellow it. As I get closer to the big hole in the ground to the cave, a spider shoots a web, and hits the ledge of the hole, but after noticing that the spider can't get to me, I ignore it. So, as I go to the other side of the hole, deciding how to get down, a skeleton drops from somewhere I forgot to light up, shoots me as he falls, and I get stuck on the spider web, falling in slow motion, while a second skeleton appears from underneath, shooting me along with the first.

After finding my road, I decide to go down the ravine to see if my stuff survived, and as I try to break the spider web, a creeper sneaks up on me, making me fall on the same spider web, being shot by the same skeleton, but with my armor
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Recently I had a fail that was epic, (at least in scale) in many ways. So, I'd worked my way up to diamond tools, some basic systems of automation, and decided to tackle the auto breeding/slaughtering of cows. I built the system itself and the collection system, then as I stepped back to admire my work, I realized I wasn't even halfway finished...I still needed quite a lot of gearboxes in order to get everything powered.

Gold, precious gold, the prospect of mining for it was desirable for all of about half an hour when I realized that I could go to the nether, track down a sword carrying pigman, then suffocate him in order to avoid aggroing his brethren.

I succeeded in putting one of them down, collected the sword and held it aloft (I'd earned two whole gold ingots in a matter of seconds as opposed to the hours of mining/exploring it would might have entailed otherwise.) In my hubris I failed to realize I'd undertaken this endeavor while still wearing all my iron armor, and carrying all my diamond tools with me...

The sad part: As I was trying to push a pigman into a 1x1x2 hole, I fell in right after him. I knew I was dead almost immediately even though I had sand in my hotbar, it would have saved me if only I could have placed one over my head, but alas this was impossible due to pigman hit-boxes and Hardcore Bouncing. So I took a deep breath and started to swing away and hope I could kill him before he killed me.

That's when a man in a tuxedo with a truly remarkable operatic voice appeared and called out: 'Mistake!'

Spawn was very unkind and put me down right on top of a jungle canopy. If I wasn't so depressed about my recent failure, I would have actually been amused at the way I would make it almost to the edge of the jungle when a spider would pounce on me. And after about 5-6 more deaths trying to escape the jungle I decided it was in my best interest health-wise to take a break.

Not my first epic fail by far, but my first contribution to this thread, hope it earns a chuckle or two.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Huntanor

Post by Huntanor »

So I'm playing about 5 hours into a new world and I've just started what will be my main base. There is this bay near by my rudimentary farm. I'm in Extreme hills, which I like to put bases in because there is often natural high water. Across the bay is a swamp and between my little fenced in area on the edge of the bay is forest.

I should mention. This is my first play through after Squids began hungering for brain meat. I am fully aware of the squid problem. So far I've avoided them. I'm getting cocky.

Far at the edge of my render distance I see a wolf. I think, I need that wolf, I have no wolf. I grab a boat and head across the bay. I do not check the sun. I do not put on my leather head guard. I also don't bring any food. I figured I was fine, I could see my base from were the wolf was. As I said getting very cocky.

I get to the wolf and tame it. I even get lucky and tame his buddy with my last bone. Then I notice, its a bit dark. Hmm, I see two choices. Option one - jump into my boat and hope I can get back that relatively short distance before its actually dark. Option two, head into the woods at night with my stone axe and no armor. I notice I'm getting low on Hunger too. I chose the woods.

I skirt the edge of the woods with the water in sight so I wont mess up and get lost. I see a Skeleton. I avoid the skeleton, inching closer to the water. I see a creeper. I avoid the creeper inching even closer to the water. I see a second creeper. Everything goes wild, I'm flying. Splash and its dark. Wildly I swing my axe as my health is dropping. Finally I kill the Squid! But I'm deep and still drowning. I push space so hard my hand shakes and I break the surface with 2 hearts and four shanks left. Rapidly I hop up the beach to where my dogs are. My heart is racing and I realise, I know this tree. I was here just a second ago before the darkness.

That is when the creeper hiss starts in my headset. Boom. Hardcore spawn. Also the creeper killed my wolves. Not that they were any help anyway.

I love squids. That make my night time after time.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

In a moment of panic and skeletons, I hit E instead of switching to my sword and dropped a diamond into some lava... (E is my drop key and Q is my Inventory)
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I needed some birch, so I decided that as soon as the night was over, I would go to the forest(that is quite far) and colect some while my saplings grow. During the night it starts to rain, but since most of the way is through a taiga I ignore it.
after the sun goes up, I get out of my hole, with a giant slime at the top. I ignore the slime and proceed to kill some burning skeletons in the taiga. One beneath a tree manages to get me injured. Again, I ignore this.
then, suddenly a thunderstorm starts. Finally I decided to go back home, and as I make my way back, I decide to kill that Slime. as I hit it and fall back, a freaking lightning hit's me by a few blocks, and there I was, being attacked by a slime crippled and crazily swinging my sword. Luckly I did the right thing this time, and right after killing the giant slime, while the medium ones start to try to kill me, I quickly make a hole on the ground and close it above me, putting a torch and hoping that the lightning hitting something 2 times myth is true
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

While exploring a ravine I see a creeper trapped against a wall with a water flow keeping it there, so i think, "I know, I'll just blow up the creeper cause it's in water" so i get near him, he blows up.. and knocks me across the ravine down a deep mineshaft into a giant pit of lava. I was carrying my iron pick and all my food (6 omelettes). I think I'll take a break from btw for a while...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

So I recently obtained wolves after discovering the need for poo from them. So one day me and max (my dogs name) go and feed my cows with him defending me from any loose mobs under trees and such. So I go and ,not realizing how late it was, breed my cows. Then I heard a zombie moan and I ran to my house (as not to die) leaving my dog sitting beside the fence (on accident). So at dawn I went to rescue max. I'm walking up the road to him and see this piece of random dung by the wolf.
Me: "did you eat a zombie?" Thinks intensely whether to kill max or not " nah I'll just waste the ax if I do"

Thus I didn't kill the poor pup. I continue as normal and breed/slaughter cows.

Later that night...
I go and lock myself in my base, sit max by the door to prepare the next day and go to cook some food and make some tasty sandwiches (mmmmmhhh tasty) I suddenly hear this growl of demonic "fuk-you-up" and run into my panic room (which apparently I fail in making good panic rooms) and shut the door and block it up with dirt...

Not knowing I had a 1x1 chink in the back corner where there had been some coal. The dog ran in killed me while I was trying to unblock my door to escape.

I applade you dog. The time delay is amazing though
Roflpofl

Post by Roflpofl »

I have a portal not far away from my base, just standing out in the open. No torches, no barrier. Pigmen never came through anyway, so what could possibly go wrong? Yeah right....

After quite a few days (and nights of course), I suddenly felt the urge to go on a nether tour....and got greated by about 6 zombies and 3 skeletons on the other side. My death was swift :D.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Welp....first day truly back with the new comp, updated my old jars, screwed around in new worlds making sure everything worked right and getting the feel for things again but didnt look over ANY new features to refresh my memory, loaded up my old world, now my ram died days before the hats update, I knew about them and yet I ignored the fact my water entrance to my base dropped through a few blocks of gloom, now in this particular entrance style i dig down two extra blocks below my "doorway" just cause im paranoid of the water deciding there is an open space.....I think you can see were this went.

Looking through all the old updates before I have to leave for work now....
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

It's been a while since anyone's posted here, but I just had an experience which definitely fits. There is a huge cave system where I always mine; I've been mining there since before I got iron, it goes from the surface all the way down to bedrock, intersects multiple ravines, and I haven't explored the whole thing yet. Near the entrance that I use there is a pool of water a couple blocks down with a zombie in it. That is, this is a zombie which near the beginning killed a sheep, picked up its wool, then wandered into that pool and is stuck there unable to despawn (since it's holding wool). I always pass him and give him a friendly nod as I go to mine. Well I think you can probably guess where this is going. One day I was coming back from a successful foray into the cave, and it was nighttime outside. As I was exiting I was accosted by a zombie. In my panic to escape I jumped back and.... fell right into the wool zombie's pool. (I always called him the wool zombie.) Panicking more I knew I had no choice but to put down my friend, dear friend, who had become almost a pet to me. I swung wildly at him but as I killed him the zombie that caused the problem in the first place jumped in behind me and, well... burp.

So a warning to all of you: zombies don't make good pets.