BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

Post by DaveYanakov »

With the short list of features rapidly diminishing the time for the wrap party is fast approaching. Flowerchild is going to need every dollar for development of Return To Home so it's up to us to furnish the refreshments. If you've been holding off on donating this would be a perfect time to chip a little bit into the pot.

For convenience sake I've copied FC's donation link here. Please double check it against the release thread if you feel the need.

Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for this Dave. I'm always hesitant to rattle the tin cup, and often feel rather awkward doing so, but yeah, any help people can provide in getting over these last few financial bumps towards RTH is very much appreciated.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've been a long time leech of your good works, FC. 'Bout time I start paying for the services I've enjoyed for so long. Cheers to you FC, first round is on me.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Nice work Dave. I just donated again a few days ago, I'll have to see if the wife can advance my allowance a few weeks so I can chip in again. ;)

Keep up the great work FC!
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Dave, thanks for the reminder. I have donated several times for this awesome TC but hadn't realized it had been almost 10 months since the last time.

Done!

Thank you FlowerChild! I have spent and enjoyed more time with BTW then any AAA title. Keep up the great work!
I cant wait for TRH!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just wanted to thank you guys for the support here. I woke up to quite a few pleasant surprises this morning and quite the weight lifted off my shoulders in terms of the financial pressure I've been under the past while.

I always feel awkward talking about this stuff, but yeah, I really appreciate it guys :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Have some beer on me man.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Hey FlowerChild,
Just wanted to ask you if we can donate steam games to you. I have wanted to donate very much, but I don't really have access to a credit card. I can get steam gift cards though, so I wanted to know if you are open to that, and if so, what your steam id is (I have never been able to find it).
Thank you for revolutionizing my videogaming, even though I haven't played BTW in a while now.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

weldaSB wrote:Hey FlowerChild,
Just wanted to ask you if we can donate steam games to you. I have wanted to donate very much, but I don't really have access to a credit card. I can get steam gift cards though, so I wanted to know if you are open to that, and if so, what your steam id is (I have never been able to find it).
Thank you for revolutionizing my videogaming, even though I haven't played BTW in a while now.
Hmmmm...I always appreciate games, but would prefer not to pass my Steam account around. Will PM it to you :)
Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra »

Thank you so much FlowerChild!

You have completely changed the way I think about and enjoy video games! I can't wait to see what you come out with next. Go eat someplace nice! :D
Following the light of the Sun, we left the Old World
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

FC, you're the fucking man, providing me with literally hundreds of hours of enjoyment of a game I thought I was finished with. As I've said before, you're also a major source of inspiration to me - I have improved a lot as a gamer, a programmer, and in general as a person over the last two years and you can claim credit for at least some portion of that.

I have a lot to celebrate right now, and as such will be getting hammered tonight. I hope my donation allows you to do the same! (or, if you feel responsible, contributes to our long-awaited Return to Home.)

Cheers, man!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks guys! I very much appreciate the support I've been getting here, and it's allowed me to breath much easier this month while wrapping up BTW. So yeah, major gratitude not only for the generous donations you guys have been throwing my way, but also for the peace of mind that this is bringing me, allowing me to focus more on the task at hand.

I think Dave was picking up on my rising stress level in IRC over the past few weeks, and while I was reluctant to say anything here myself, I am very grateful to him as well for deciding to bring this up. It's been making a huge difference for me.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I really wish I could donate, but funds are a bit tight. Hopefully I'll be able to at some point, but regardless, you have my unending support as you move on to RTH.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

Man.. I've been trying to do $20 for every update, but at the rate you are pumping out features I'm not sure if my wallet can keep up. Thanks for all the amazing work FC.

honestly, BTW is more entertaining than anything else I'd spend $20 on this weekend. cheers
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Once I have more than 5 bucks after bills and grocerys on a paycheck I will be "dropping some change" in your "tin cup."
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

Sorry about the necro here, but I think this warrants it.

I know a lot of my friends drop $60 on AAA titles that they play for a couple of days and then their interest fizzles out, and I used to be the same way. BTW has so far held my interest for 6 months shows no sign of slowing down. Show your appreciation and donate to FC. I have to remind myself to continue to donate when the updates are deploying a bit slower, so I thought a general PSA might do well to everyone else too.

Thanks for the awesome mod that I play nearly every day, FC, and for sustaining my hope in games as entertainment!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for that man, it's much appreciated. Donations have indeed slowed down dramatically with the decreased update speed on BTW over the last month and me focusing on this KSP mod for the past while.

Whether you're enjoying BTW or BTSM or looking forward to RTH, please consider throwing a few bucks back towards the fun, as it helps keep development low stress and fun for me as well ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Passing over a small payment for the hours of fun I've had exploding rockets in KSP now that there is a point to it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...thanks for that man, and a big thanks to those of you that sent donations my way the past while. It's very much appreciated and has definitely helped me breath a little easier :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Going to try and get a donation together. <3
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

icynewyear wrote:Going to try and get a donation together. <3
I really appreciate that man, but please don't stress yourself out financially to do so. We've both got to make ends meet, and really, with the amount of work that you put into your videos you're making a constant donation of time and effort to BTW which I very much appreciate :)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

A close friend started a plain jane vanilla server and invited me to come join the diversion. Not having played vanilla in ages and ages... holy frik’n cow FlowerChild designed a good game. Take my money!!

Pitch in people! Not in the mood? Play vanilla or reflect on how everybody should have a good bottle of scotch over the holidays.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man :)
Coffee-Dog

Post by Coffee-Dog »

I just donated something for you, I love your mod! ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just sent a little holiday gift your way FC