BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:My apologies, it was not my intention to set up a "salary" system with all that comes with that. This was merely a personal matter in terms of ease. I won't mention it again.
No worries man. There's a lot of baggage that goes along with a system like Patreon's including stuff beyond what I mentioned above. It's something I've thought about quite extensively before and want to stay well clear of, similar to how I was never comfortable with Adfly or other advertising revenue systems either.

I saw the posts on it above right before going to bed, and in combination to my general distaste for suggestions on the forums, my reaction was likely a little more "fuck no!" than it usually would have been :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Hehe, I can imagine, I kinda went "doh" when I saw your reaction as I should've caught that myself. I'm going to try to see how easy it is to do just the recurring payment thing in Paypal. Shouldn't be too hard and that way it's "no strings attached" for you :)

I'm just worried that Paypal will take more taxes when I spread the donation like that.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

*CLINK*
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:*CLINK*
Thank you sir :)
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Clink

Merry Christmas FC
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

EtherealWrath wrote:Clink

Merry Christmas FC
Thank you sir! And a Merry Christmas to you as well :)
fraff

Post by fraff »

Clink!

I thought I'd save my first formal post for a "thank you" to ya, FC.

I've been a Minecraft player since Alpha, and I'll never forget the cocktail of fear and wonder during my first few nights of survival. However, my interest eventually waned and I essentially stopped playing by the time the full game was released. The platter of features in every new update failed to keep my attention for more than a few days. I had almost completely moved on from the game... when I stumbled upon Better Than Wolves, about a year ago.

I can't deny that I quit out of frustration at first. But I couldn't shake the feeling that my emotions during that hectic first night in BTW were the same as those that got me hooked on Minecraft in the first place. I kept getting pulled back to face the challenge, and after a few more tries I finally got a grip on proper BTW survival strategy. Since then, I've been reliving those Alpha survival days every time I play. Since I don't have much free time, I haven't advanced past the "bronze age" with my single windmill, but I'm happily exploring and surviving, and wouldn't have it any other way. What's more, it's become a great way for me to spend time (virtually) with my younger brother, who still lives with my family.

So thank you, FC. You are a genius designer, and an incredible artist with the world you've painted for BTW. Keep doing what you do, and best of luck with your future endeavors!

Merry Christmas!!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

fraff wrote: I can't deny that I quit out of frustration at first. But I couldn't shake the feeling that my emotions during that hectic first night in BTW were the same as those that got me hooked on Minecraft in the first place. I kept getting pulled back to face the challenge, and after a few more tries I finally got a grip on proper BTW survival strategy. Since then, I've been reliving those Alpha survival days every time I play.
Thanks man. The above in particular means a lot to me, as that's precisely the kind of thing that I aim for as a designer.

To me, the best games are the ones that will kick your ass causing you to give up in frustration, only to find yourself wondering later "But...what if I did this..." and going back to them. In my mind it's emblematic of games that are "brutal but fair", where you always wind up realizing that the things that got you killed were ultimately your own damn fault.

Those were the kinds of games that really stuck with me as a kid, and I think those are the same kind of experiences I try to create now.

So glad you're enjoying it, and thanks :)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

*Pling!*

Since playing BTW from around version 3.6 I think it is finally time to thank you for all the updates and making BTW basically a game by itself.
Even though I have never reached the steel age on my own, I still love just playing early game over and over again!
And like most people here, it has made me enjoy Minecraft more over the year(s) and also was the main reason to start a Minecraft related YouTube channel.

So thanks again and I hope we will Return To Home sometime soon(ish)!

Late Merry Christmas!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man, and an early happy new year :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well I haven't been playing much minecraft recently but I just sent a token of my appreciation for the work you've done on curating my 7 days to die experience. Cheers
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Well I haven't been playing much minecraft recently but I just sent a token of my appreciation for the work you've done on curating my 7 days to die experience. Cheers
Thanks man! Glad you've been enjoying BTGB so much :)
Nabetsu122

Post by Nabetsu122 »

*Clink clink*
I made a promise (slightly more than a year ago) to give back on something that has kept me frustrated, yet sane, during every playthrough (and IRL). Four worlds, three completed, I think it is time to return the favor. Thanks FC, and have a round or two on me.
~Nab
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man :)
brab

Post by brab »

After looking at how much I've been playing BTW and BTSM, I realized last week I needed to better express my thanks. Have a few on me!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

<Insert verbose yet grammatically correct appreciation message here>

Thanks for the fun FC.

*CLINK
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:<Insert verbose yet grammatically correct appreciation message here>
<insert appropriately appreciative response here>

Thanks man ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I've finally had a very good quarter as far as people paying their bills go so to celebrate upgrading my PC, paying off all of my own debts, and still having a comfortable extra margin in the bank, here's fifty bucks.

And a little extra sumpin' sumpin'
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:I've finally had a very good quarter as far as people paying their bills go so to celebrate upgrading my PC, paying off all of my own debts, and still having a comfortable extra margin in the bank, here's fifty bucks.
Thank you sir :)
And a little extra sumpin' sumpin'
Sumpin sumpin? Consider me intrigued :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

H-uh, PM apparently failed. I'll try that again.
Better is the enemy of Good
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Up !
keep up the great work xoxo ;)