BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW Feature Wrapup - Passing the hat

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, given people had to basically beg me to accept money in the first place, and that I probably would have happily starved to death otherwise while hitting the release button with my final gasp, I don't think I'm a whore.

I've also favored design integrity over popularity (and thus profit) with pretty much every decision I've made which would make me an extremely untalented whore if that were my goal.

Maybe I qualify as a totally obsessive idiot, but not a whore :)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

*CLINK*
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:*CLINK*
Much obliged! We're here all night performing the hits of yesteryear! :)
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

I contributed a few days ago. Figured I'd mention who it was from :) I haven't played in months, but this spring break it's work and games, so the final release is on my to-do list! :D
Six

Post by Six »

Finally dropped my penny in the can. Good luck on that final push.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks a bunch guys. This definitely helps take some of the stress off these last bits.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

It's been a rough couple of days so I couldn't chip in as much I was planning to the final release, but hope it helps as well.
hawk

Post by hawk »

I was saving this for a RTH kickstarter but if it might bring you some peace of mind now I figure what the hell...
Anyway, I hope it helps.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

hawk wrote:I was saving this for a RTH kickstarter but if it might bring you some peace of mind now I figure what the hell...
Anyway, I hope it helps.
Holy shit dude...I'm rather speechless. Seriously, thank you.

Be sure to PM me your email address or some other contact info so I can set you up with appropriate level bonuses if/when the kickstarter hits. I wouldn't want you losing out or something by sending me this early.

EDIT: I may have to invent a reward level for this. I don't suppose sending you my underwear is appropriate :)
hawk

Post by hawk »

Appropriate or not, you're probably going to need them for pantless coding :p
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

*CLINK*
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Here ya go bud, keep up the good work.

-Wil
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated :)
hawk

Post by hawk »

I remember reading not too long ago that, among other things, you thought you owed it to the community to finish Better than Wolves. I'm not sure you owed anyone anything but I can't describe how violently giddy I was to see these latest updates and the changes/additions they bring. This isn't a community of "yes men" (or women) cowering in fear of the almighty ban-hammer. What people have been saying in the release and various spoiler threads is true. The fleshed out total tech progression and indeed the game as a whole really is that good... or rather an exquisitely brilliant brand of evil.

I tip my hat and wallet to you good sir for: what you've done, continue to do, & what's next.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

hawk wrote:I tip my hat and wallet to you good sir for: what you've done, continue to do, & what's next.
Thank you kindly sir :)
TGLumberjack

Post by TGLumberjack »

I started playing this mod back when "hardcore" features were just starting to be implemented. After hearing of your plans to go TC and delve much deeper into the subtler gameplay issues I decided that I'd rather take a break and come back when you were done (I was busy enough with grad school anyway), rather than have to put up with a long string of incremental changes. I loathe starting new worlds, but I'm OCD enough that if there's a change to world-gen I feel compelled to do so.

Luckily, I am a patient man. With a final major update just around the corner I am so incredibly excited to be able to experience all the changes and updates that I've eagerly read about, and that you've put so much hard work and careful thought into over the past 1.5 years or so...and experience them all at once as one massive, cohesive update. I've even kicked around the idea of making a LP chronicling my initiation into what I'm sure will be a world full of surprises, frustration, and reward since I'll be completely fresh on ALL the updates since like the end of 2012. I've never done anything like that before, though.

Thanks for everything, and I can't wait for the conclusion of this project and the start of your next one!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

small *CLINK*, also kinda from Destin_Eternal.

*CLINK* on peeps!
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

I got excited about the update today, so I thought it would be OK to bump this thread and send a little something your way, even though it's kind of a necro. Thanks for all the effort you put into this.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man! It is much appreciated :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I've found that I'm pretty lousy at donating with a frequency (each time feels like a commitment, so I end up postponing indefinitely). Have you considered a Patreon account? I would personally pledge a few bucks to that cause, that would then recur monthly, whereas with a donation system, I only did one donation so far.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

Gilberreke wrote:Have you considered a Patreon account?
Oh yeah, that would be a great idea. I'd pitch in for that.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Further evidence that no thread is immune from spiraling into a suggestion sub-forum :P

I'm aware of Patreon guys. It would be hard for me not to be these days.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

To elaborate, Patreon is great for artists who want a reason to keep to a schedule. For someone working at their own pace to put out a polished product rather than shipping due to deadlines not so much. It's also not a great platform for people doing something just because they want to do it.

Due to the irregularity of my income stream, donations work better for me anyway. Speaking of...

Took awhile to convince paypal I'm not lying when I told it I'm not canadian but it finally posted
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, pretty much Dave. Putting myself on a "salary", and all the expectations that come along with that is really not my cup of tea.

Donations are a nice way to say thank you for work already produced, and are very much appreciated. They come along with no sense of obligation on either side.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

My apologies, it was not my intention to set up a "salary" system with all that comes with that. This was merely a personal matter in terms of ease. I won't mention it again.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx