Hardcore Nether Animals Discussion (Spoilers)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
grimper12341

Re: Hardcore Nether Animals Discussion (Spoilers)

Post by grimper12341 »

Read the whole thread, only person that knows how it works is Gilbereke and he isn't telling. Everything else is speculation, with reports of animals getting corrupted at near 100 blocks, and others safe with much less than that.
I can't add anything that someone else hasn't already said, so I bumped in case anyone has new information, which is likely given how long this feature has been around now. If it's figured out I can update the wiki too, it's lacking a lot of information because of differing opinions about spoilers.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

grimper12341 wrote:Read the whole thread, only person that knows how it works is Gilbereke and he isn't telling. Everything else is speculation, with reports of animals getting corrupted at near 100 blocks, and others safe with much less than that.
I can't add anything that someone else hasn't already said, so I bumped in case anyone has new information, which is likely given how long this feature has been around now. If it's figured out I can update the wiki too, it's lacking a lot of information because of differing opinions about spoilers.
Yeah, but as it happens a good deal of the speculation is correct. Read the hints in this thread, and experiment to figure out for yourself how corruption happens. It's not that hard.
technophobia

Post by technophobia »

Isn't a wiki by definition a spoiler? Seems pretty silly to be concerned about spoilers on a wiki. If someone is checking the wiki, then they pretty much want as much accurate information as possible or they wouldn't be looking there.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

technophobia wrote:Isn't a wiki by definition a spoiler? Seems pretty silly to be concerned about spoilers on a wiki. If someone is checking the wiki, then they pretty much want as much accurate information as possible or they wouldn't be looking there.
Or they just don't know any better.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

I'm personnally forcing myself not to update those topics on the wiki to avoid people spoiling the fun for themselves. This is a topic which you can easily experiment with so why not try and see what happens ? There's nothing to worry about after all :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Im honestly happy about that, back when i was a noob i would look at every single page wtihout considering spoilers at all.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I'm not a fan of hiding things as spoilers. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like surprises. If I didn't know about something in a game, for example: hats, and it kills me, I will take a massive amount of time learning as much as i possibly can about hats.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Gunnerman21 wrote:I'm not a fan of hiding things as spoilers. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like surprises. If I didn't know about something in a game, for example: hats, and it kills me, I will take a massive amount of time learning as much as i possibly can about hats.
Whatever floats your boat man, but many people enjoy discovering things themselves. Honestly I enjoy those "WTF was that?" moments when you first discover something is a lot of fun, and many others do. So while you may like spoilers, you're just ruining your own experience. I know there have been a couple things that have been spoiled for me, and I truly wished I could have discovered them for myself, and I wouldn't want other people to be deprived of the discovery experience.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

dawnraider wrote:
Gunnerman21 wrote:I'm not a fan of hiding things as spoilers. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like surprises. If I didn't know about something in a game, for example: hats, and it kills me, I will take a massive amount of time learning as much as i possibly can about hats.
Whatever floats your boat man, but many people enjoy discovering things themselves. Honestly I enjoy those "WTF was that?" moments when you first discover something is a lot of fun, and many others do. So while you may like spoilers, you're just ruining your own experience. I know there have been a couple things that have been spoiled for me, and I truly wished I could have discovered them for myself, and I wouldn't want other people to be deprived of the discovery experience.
I have to admit, ive had someone spoil a lot about this mod to me as I was learning it. The latest additions though have been very exciting and glad they were in fact not spoiled.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

Has anyone tried using an empty soul urn on the possesed Animals?

I just picked up minecraft again yesterday, and have not gotten anywhere close to that far, though when i do I'm likey going to expose a few animals for the fun of it, this thread has been chuckles so far.
Last edited by Nexus Trimean on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Doesnt that just throw the urn?
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

erikdk321 wrote:Doesnt that just throw the urn?
That is the joke.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

*steps into a corner and cries*
ion

Post by ion »

could we turn this back on topic instead of spamming more!
Mud

Post by Mud »

ion wrote:could we turn this back on topic instead of spamming more!
Irony.

Anyway, has anyone attempted to make a witch grinder from an NPC village? I've been flirting with the idea, but I can't be the only one.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mud wrote: Anyway, has anyone attempted to make a witch grinder from an NPC village? I've been flirting with the idea, but I can't be the only one.
Dude...how is that related to the topic?

Warnings are flying. Thread lock imminent.
Mud

Post by Mud »

FlowerChild wrote:
Mud wrote: Anyway, has anyone attempted to make a witch grinder from an NPC village? I've been flirting with the idea, but I can't be the only one.
Dude...how is that related to the topic?
Because it's part of Hardcore Nothing-to-Worry-About?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mud wrote: Because it's part of Hardcore Nothing-to-Worry-About?
...and bans.

EDIT: And reversed. Ok, sorry, he was right. Got confused by my own feature set :)
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Baby villagers can fit through a 1 high gap, so you could use that to separate them from the breeding pair and get them corrupted. However for this to be effective you would need to know roughly the distances at which they are safe from corruption, and when they are not. Ergo the purpose of my original post. It's hard to automate this mechanic without knowing exact numbers.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

While I don't have the exact numbers, I do propose an alternative:

Build the farm way way outside the distance, and waterflow the youngens into it. It will take quite a bit of distance, and probably an underground processing facility(Guessing on that part, don't even know what happens when they're corrupted) but should achieve desired results.
Mud

Post by Mud »

jakerman999 & grimper12341, your input got the creative juices flowing, thanks!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Is a villager to witch farm even worth it? It wakes two diamonds to create a baby villager. A witch does not drop anything that is worth 2 diamonds.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

Rob wrote:Is a villager to witch farm even worth it? It wakes two diamonds to create a baby villager. A witch does not drop anything that is worth 2 diamonds.
I didnt know villagers could turn into witches.

i really dont know much about witches tho. Are they worth the time to build a trap for?
ion

Post by ion »

a witch trap is good for their noses and maybe some potions. build your mob trap in the swamps and make sure to add a filtering system for the witch drops also.
again i don't really use potions but if you are using them frequently the swamp trap is good for you
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Honestly, a villager corruption farm isn't worth it because of the diamond cost, and you can make a normal mob trap in a swamp and get natural witches.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!