Deserted village merged with desert pyramid

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Racooknight

Deserted village merged with desert pyramid

Post by Racooknight »

As per title.

I stumbled a few minutes ago on a spooky deserted desert village; but then I found out that a desert temple was buried right next to it, half of it merged with one of the village's structures; you can see it on the first screen.

I don't know if this is a consequence of FC's modifications to worldgen concerning these structures. If not, then please just enjoy the screenshots, as this village is one of the first I've found that actually kind of makes sense, with the fields on the fringes of the village rather than found randomly lying between houses that have nothing to do with farms. It certainly helps believing people actually lived there once... before who knows what made them flee from their homes!

http://imgur.com/nGZHj7L,DkuEqhg,Ce8z7LO#2

The desert biome fits perfectly for a post-apocalyptic-ish setup ! My personnal favourite touch are the sparse turfs of grass across the fields ;o makes for a great Fallout feeling !

edit : I finally tore it all down... I know what's the special desert temple feature, and it's so cool I won't tell anybody !
Mud

Re: Deserted village merged with desert pyramid

Post by Mud »

These, while rare, have existed in vMC since the introduction of desert temples, not a result of BTW.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

It's not unheard of for structures to generate right next to each other. I've had villages generate with buildings right up against each other. I like it, because I can then knock out the shared walls and have a bigger building for myself.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Mud

Post by Mud »

All I get are villages that have be sheared in half by ravines :[
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I do not think this is a result of FC's modifications to world gen. I started a new world in 4.62 and found a desert village within 20 blocks of a desert temple, and a desert well was about 10 blocks from the villages actual well. I think the clustering of naturally generated structures is simply just rare.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Racooknight wrote: The desert biome fits perfectly for a post-apocalyptic-ish setup ! My personnal favourite touch are the sparse turfs of grass across the fields ;o makes for a great Fallout feeling !
First thing I thought of when looking at your screenshots was how very fallout-esque it looked, especially with that sky!

What texture pack is that?
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

ignika42 wrote:What texture pack is that?
Derivation, brought to BTW courtesy of Kezza: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6557 -- using it myself and I can't overstate it's loveliness

You know you could always try a pre-4.64 world with the same seed and see if it has the same results.
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

These, while rare, have existed in vMC since the introduction of desert temples, not a result of BTW.
Thus is my faith in our eldritch sire FC wholly restored ! Thanks for the input !
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locking this down. This really belonged in tech support to begin with.