Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
elustran

Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

Post by elustran »

Since there doesn't seem to be a master compatibility list that anybody has linked me to, I've started making a master mod list based on stuff I've tested and stuff other people have posted here. Please let me know if there's something you think should be added to the list, and please let me know if there's anything on the list that you disagree with. If you have been able to make incompatible mods work, please tell the exact tweak you did to get them to work.

Note: Most of these mods were tested with 1.7.2, and I'm starting to test some of them on 1.7.3. I don't anticipate much compatibility change, but if you have any info on 1.7.3 mod versions, let me know.

Presumably you have BTW installed and know mod-fu, but just in case anybody is feeling cavalier:

BACK UP EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

Here is the list (note that block IDs, when available are in parentheses and that these mods aren't necessarily mutually compatible, esp if block IDs conflict and there isn't a config file):

Compatible Tools:

CJB's ModPack (optional components haven't been tested yet; also includes some additional content)
ID List
ID resolver
MAtmos
Single Player Commands (note: block orientation of BTW content is non-adjustable with the world editing tools)
Too Many Items
Zombe's Modpack

Compatible Tweaks

dynamic lights (note: Woot's mining helmet mod adds similar functionality)
Somnia
TehKrush's Timber!
ScotTools API+fix (install over BTW, can still break BTW blocks properly with proper tools)

Compatible Content:

Better Blocks (configurable)
CCTV v.2.2 (block ID 150, configurable)
Extend Boat mod v2.02
Flan's Planes, Guns and Vehicles (Flan's other mods have not yet been tested) (Block ID 150-152, 255, configurable)
Fossil/archeology v3.5
Helicopter Mod
Kaevator Timber Framing
Mo' Creatures
More Creeps and Weirdos
More Health
Piggrinder
Risugami's Recipe Book
Risugami's Shelf (Block ID 102)
Wireless Redstone V1.4 (Block ID 113,115, configurable)
Woot's mods (Helmet lights, scuba suit, picture switching, restful beds, chainmail, etc) (except Blook and Tool Options, as noted below)
Zipline Mod (Block ID 101-104, 400-401, configurable)

Compatible After Fixing Conflicts:

Balkon's Weaponmod v5.2 (overwrites ls.class; interferes with rope climbing)
Finite Liquid (Block id's 222-229 conflict and should be adjusted in /mods/DJoslin/FiniteLiquid.properties; finite water will not drive water wheels; finite water overwrites jq.class and yq.class to change pistons and fire in order to compress fluids and boil water. Hibachis will still work, although the piston bugs BTW corrected will likely return)
Kaevator's slopes, ceiling stairs, hedges (Uses large number of block IDs: 167-226, conflicting with BTW blocks 222-226. Change conflicting block IDs in configuration files.)
Nature Overhaul (Note from Shengji: since nature overhaul has added long grass spreading which uses the ru.class file, they clash. To resolve this it is critical that you install Nature Overhaul first, then BTW. This will remove the long grass spreading functionality, but the rest of the mod will work fine.)

Semi-Compatible:

Smart Moving (mod works, but overrides ability to climb rope)

Compatibility Uncertain:

Light Sensor (Block ID 101)(the light sensor is craftable, but fails to update with light - this may be an issue with the mod, not a compatiblity issue, however)
Optifog_Optimine HD (conflicts and crash reports with some BTW entities, such as platforms)

Conflicting:
Woot's Block and Tool Options (mod overrides dq.class, causing failure to load mod_FCBetterThanWolves.class)

Other Notes:
Someone suggested the Minecraft ID Resolver that may, as the name suggests, help resolve block ID conflicts, but it hasn't updated to 1.7.2 yet.
Last edited by elustran on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:40 am, edited 24 times in total.
JWA

Re: Is there a mod compatibility list for BTW?

Post by JWA »

Too Many Items seems to work ok, though I haven't used every block available or anything.

If I test anything else, it will be the remote redstone, for an elevator, and the planes mod.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I've been using the following mods without any conflicts (haven't installed all of them for 1.7.2 yet but they worked with 1.6.6 at least):
  • TMI
  • Zombe
  • Shelves
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

elustran wrote: Compatible:

Single Player Commands
SPC has an issue though, can't use the world edit commands (or anything involving items) with non-vM blocks. Still useful though.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
elustran

Post by elustran »

Fracture wrote:SPC has an issue though, can't use the world edit commands (or anything involving items) with non-vM blocks. Still useful though.
Which commands are you talking about, specifically? I tested a few and didn't run into any trouble, although I'm not sure what you mean exactly by non-vM blocks.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

I doubt the necessity of this thread the only mods that are incompatible with BTW are mods that overwrite the same vM classes. In some cases you can even let out a certain btw class for reduced compatability. Like with fb.class having something to do with detector block functionality in 1.6.6 (i thought it was fb.class correct me if i am wrong please :) )
So i rather see a thread describing optional class files and what they do then this i guess.

For the rest: almost every mod has a config file nowadays else it's probably just bad luck or just a case of being patience till the mod author implements a config file.

Edit:
elustran wrote: Which commands are you talking about, specifically? I tested a few and didn't run into any trouble, although I'm not sure what you mean exactly by non-vM blocks.
non-vM blocks are blocks added by mods when you for instance want to change a row of smoothstone into a row of block dispensers //replace 1 233 won't work because it says it does not recognize the block.
APointyCircle

Post by APointyCircle »

Optifog_Optimine HD is also compatible.
elustran

Post by elustran »

Thieme wrote:I doubt the necessity of this thread the only mods that are incompatible with BTW are mods that overwrite the same vM classes. In some cases you can even let out a certain btw class for reduced compatability. Like with fb.class having something to do with detector block functionality in 1.6.6 (i thought it was fb.class correct me if i am wrong please :) )
So i rather see a thread describing optional class files and what they do then this i guess.
Well, even if the issue is just conflicting block IDs, that's good to know, and I think it would probably be good for there to be a nice master list somewhere. I also don't want to assume that nothing will break even if block and item ids are compatible and/or configurable.
non-vM blocks are blocks added by mods when you for instance want to change a row of smoothstone into a row of block dispensers //replace 1 233 won't work because it says it does not recognize the block.
Ah - I presume it's an acronym and you mean 'non-vanilla Minecraft'. Maybe worldedit isn't working properly for me (the plugin was listed as enabled, so I'll have to dig further), because I'm not seeing the 'replace' command, but other commands that work on vM blocks seem to work on BTW blocks. For instance, I upped the flammability of block dispensers and burned down a row of them.
Urian

Post by Urian »

APointyCircle wrote:Optifog_Optimine HD is also compatible.
Actually, there have been several reports that they conflict with some entities. Moving platforms/anchors I think were mentioned in the old thread.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Maybe change this into a list of mods that "work well" with BTW, enhance the game but don't venture to far from the vanilla feeling of the game. I would also suggest splitting them up into different sections like - gameplay mechanics & performance boosters. Also links to the mods would be nice so we wouldn't have to Google them.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Well one of the nice things about BTWs is Flower actually has error checking in is class calls. So if we over write one of his classes that function alone just doesn't work. This is unlike many other mods that if the called class for the mod isn't from the mod it causes MC to crash.

For example I like to use Belkon's Weapon mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211 ... try4768422). However, his mods the ls.class (livingentity class) as the weapons "push back" and BTW also mods this same class to allow us to climb ropes. If I over write Belkons with BTW class MC crashes soon as you hit something. But if I keep Belkons class MC doesn't crash if I hug a rope. So it allowed me to weigh which I wanted more, weapons to help me fight off Mo' Creature Ogres or climb ropes. :)

Same goes for the classes that define hemp dropping from tall grass and the Axe changes class. This is one of the things I've asked Flower if we can add to the wiki, which classes effect which aspect of the mod. Might help some people that consider BTW a must have and still want to play around with other mods at the same time.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I'm using about 40 different mods right now. I don't remember all of them, but the list includes most of Nandonalt's mods, most of Kodaichi's mods, some new types of dungeons, single player commands, pchan's mods, 303's arrows, Zan's minimap, integrated redstone, minegunner, and much more. The only thing I did to make them compatible was disable axe changes, and change a few IDs using ID resolver.
christonian

Post by christonian »

sargunster wrote:I'm using about 40 different mods right now. I don't remember all of them, but the list includes most of Nandonalt's mods, most of Kodaichi's mods, some new types of dungeons, single player commands, pchan's mods, 303's arrows, Zan's minimap, integrated redstone, minegunner, and much more. The only thing I did to make them compatible was disable axe changes, and change a few IDs using ID resolver.
wow thats great could you make a detailed list or even just a couple links to some like say your top 5 or 10
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I am currently using Better Than Wolves with:

Millenaire
Mo' Creatures
More Creeps and Weirdos (everything but the guinea pigs, goo goats and blorps are disabled though *shudder*)

I used to use Xie's cooking & farming mods so I might install those and post any tweaks I make to block ids if you and other folks are interested?

Hope this helps!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

I believe that the Phoenix Terrain Mod would not have any compatibility issues with Better than Wolves since it only changes the behavior of the world generator. I haven't tested this yet, but I intend to as soon as PTM is updated to 1.7.
elustran

Post by elustran »

the_fodder wrote:Maybe change this into a list of mods that "work well" with BTW, enhance the game but don't venture to far from the vanilla feeling of the game. I would also suggest splitting them up into different sections like - gameplay mechanics & performance boosters. Also links to the mods would be nice so we wouldn't have to Google them.
Good idea - I added links and split the sections a little bit more. I probably won't include criticism on what makes the best aesthetic/gameplay match with BTW, though.
sargunster wrote:I'm using about 40 different mods right now. I don't remember all of them, but the list includes most of Nandonalt's mods, most of Kodaichi's mods, some new types of dungeons, single player commands, pchan's mods, 303's arrows, Zan's minimap, integrated redstone, minegunner, and much more. The only thing I did to make them compatible was disable axe changes, and change a few IDs using ID resolver.
I'm curious, have you been having trouble with world edit commands using SPC at all? And, of course, I can update my list if you have any more complete information you can provide. I think I'm going to include a link to ID resolver in my main post too.
Kitty wrote:I am currently using Better Than Wolves with:

Millenaire
Mo' Creatures
More Creeps and Weirdos (everything but the guinea pigs, goo goats and blorps are disabled though *shudder*)

I used to use Xie's cooking & farming mods so I might install those and post any tweaks I make to block ids if you and other folks are interested?

Hope this helps!

Knowing what tweaks you did to make stuff work would be great and I can include them in the master list.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Urian wrote:
APointyCircle wrote:Optifog_Optimine HD is also compatible.
Actually, there have been several reports that they conflict with some entities. Moving platforms/anchors I think were mentioned in the old thread.
I can confirm having crashes when I tried to use an elevator or gate while I had Optifog_Optimine HD installed. Something to do with ct.class, if I remember correctly.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Worldedit commands seem to work for me, they dont work PREFECTLY, but they work. It seems to place them in a "default" position (all gearboxes will be facing down) I believe this is because the worldedit for SPC does not check the... ?meta-data? (i believe that's what it's called) that the block has. I remember reading somewhere (i think) that the way flower has his blocks coded is by assigning them damage.
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

This one i just tested and works, and it's really great to use since there are so many recipes.

"Recipe Book Beta 1.7_01
This item when used opens up a GUI of every recipe that can be done. The items can not be touched, but you can read tool tip. Left click moves to next recipe. Right click moves to previous recipe. The recipe for recipe book is 1 book, 1 ink sac. It's a shapeless recipe. Requires ModLoader Beta 1.7_01."

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/754 ... s-updates/

Note: In no way or form did I help create or create this mod. Credit goes to Risugami and the words in quotes are directly from his/her post.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I know and use:
Better Blocks
Too Many Items (I dont use all the time but still)
Zipline Mod
Single Player Sever Commands (cause who doesnt love to fly sometimes)
and Wireless Redstone (make redstone"ing" for noob 10 times easier, if all used to gether you will have to change 2 block ids, but no big deal)
elustran

Post by elustran »

laxadaisical wrote:This one i just tested and works, and it's really great to use since there are so many recipes.

"Recipe Book Beta 1.7_01
This item when used opens up a GUI of every recipe that can be done. The items can not be touched, but you can read tool tip. Left click moves to next recipe. Right click moves to previous recipe. The recipe for recipe book is 1 book, 1 ink sac. It's a shapeless recipe. Requires ModLoader Beta 1.7_01."
I presume it only lists vanilla recipes, or does it somehow parse the whole .jar for recipes too?
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

It includes everything. From the vanilla recipes to the BTW ones. It will also include any other recipes that are used in mods that someone is using, or I believe it does (it has for me so far).

So, yea. It basically takes all the recipes from you minecraft.jar and places them in a book that can be made with one book and one ink sack. By placing it on the action bar and scrolling onto it and then right clicking you can see the recipes by clicking right to go backward in the list, or by clicking left to go forward.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

I can confirm somnia works properly with BTW, no item codes involved. 1.7.2 version of somnia,minecraft,BTW
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

CJB's ModPack works. This is a collection of cheats and other mods which can be disabled if you don't "cheat" or limit your cheating: X-Ray, Fly, in-game Inventory Edit, Mini-Map, etc. And, it has an awesome HUD!

I haven't tried the latest 1.7.3, which adds various pressure plates and thus duplicates the functionality of the BTW pressure plate. IDs can be changed in the config as needed.

Disclaimer: I turn off a bunch of CJB and don't install the optional put-in-jar files, so I can't be 100% sure there are no conflicts. Everything I use from CJB works fine.

ID List also works. This mod doesn't add any functionality ot objects to the game. Instead, it just dumps a bunch of information (all the IDs in use, etc.) to a text file when you launch MC.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
elustran

Post by elustran »

cheechako wrote:CJB's ModPack works. This is a collection of cheats and other mods which can be disabled if you don't "cheat" or limit your cheating: X-Ray, Fly, in-game Inventory Edit, Mini-Map, etc. And, it has an awesome HUD!

I haven't tried the latest 1.7.3, which adds various pressure plates and thus duplicates the functionality of the BTW pressure plate. IDs can be changed in the config as needed.

Disclaimer: I turn off a bunch of CJB and don't install the optional put-in-jar files, so I can't be 100% sure there are no conflicts. Everything I use from CJB works fine.
Can you tell me which parts of the mod you have disabled? Or, if you're feeling intrepid, let me know if the other mod components work? I'd check myself, but I won't be able to for a couple of days since I'm not at home and only have a netbook with me.