RTH Q&A thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sage

Re: RTH Q&A thread

Post by Sage »

Something that I really like in BTW is the klin, which works like a fournace but it's made from simple blocks that gains new functions depending on their context (or the new piston packaging, for the matter). The question is, do you plan on expanding and developing those kind block interaction in RTH or are you going more for a GUI, single block based approach?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Sage wrote:Something that I really like in BTW is the klin, which works like a fournace but it's made from simple blocks that gains new functions depending on their context (or the new piston packaging, for the matter). The question is, do you plan on expanding and developing those kind block interaction in RTH or are you going more for a GUI, single block based approach?
If you seriously have to ask that question, then you clearly haven't spent any significant amount of time with this community, or you just haven't been paying much attention. FC has stated many times his dislike of magic single block systems.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sort of deeper questions I guess, and you don't have to answer them:

What will your solution be for Voxel Metadata, will it be similar to MC with an ID and a Meta? A facing value? Just interested because I have my own opinion on how MC should have done theirs and I would like to see yours.

What form will the voxels take? Blocks like MC, or like 7 Days...? You sort of already answered this.
Last edited by Yhetti on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys: just because somebody bumps this thread doesn't mean you should go looking for questions to ask me in a "me too! I have meaningful questions to ask as well! Look at me!" reaction. I think you all have a pretty good idea of what I'm willing to answer at this point (not much beyond what's already here), and questions beyond that are rather annoying.
Sage

Post by Sage »

darahalian wrote:
Sage wrote:Something that I really like in BTW is the klin, which works like a fournace but it's made from simple blocks that gains new functions depending on their context (or the new piston packaging, for the matter). The question is, do you plan on expanding and developing those kind block interaction in RTH or are you going more for a GUI, single block based approach?
If you seriously have to ask that question, then you clearly haven't spent any significant amount of time with this community, or you just haven't been paying much attention. FC has stated many times his dislike of magic single block systems.
Maybe I didn't expressed myself clearly. I know that I'll never see a BC quarry in RTH, but certain block in BTW have still GUIs (like the millstone or the cauldron), and they are fine in MC style, but I wanted to know if a GUI will be the main interface between blocks and the player, or if there will be more klin-like approaches.

I just wanted to clarify my last comment, so no need to answer this.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

All righty then. Locking this down and simply leaving it for reference on what has already been answered.