TLW's Craftguide Plugins (v1.4)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
The Lone Wolfling

TLW's Craftguide Plugins (v1.4)

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

So, to celebrate finishing high school, I decided to write a couple of Craftguide plugins. Currently, the basic functionality is there, although they are perhaps the most brittle examples of code that I have ever written, due to the fact that the only way I have found to access the inputs of most BTW recipes is through a private field of a private field... But anyways. About the mods:

Quick Index: First, BTWGuide.
It supports anvils...
Spoiler
Show
Crucibles...
Spoiler
Show
And of course cauldrons, both unstoked...
Spoiler
Show
And stoked:
Spoiler
Show
To install, just drop in your mods folder or extract into the jar.

BTWGuide Version History:
Spoiler
Show
  • v1.4 (June 10th, 2012)
    • Hopefully fixed problems with sub-mod anvil recipes.
  • v1.3b (June 7th, 2012):
    • Quick fix (CraftGuide API issues)
  • v1.3 (June 7th, 2012):
    • Updated to support BTW v3.7
  • v1.2 (May 16th, 2012):
    • Architecture changes (no visible changes)
  • v1.1 (Never released)
    • Just don't talk about it, ok?
  • v1.0 (May 15th, 2012)
    • Initial Release
BTWGuide Downloads:
Spoiler
Show
Secondly, BuildGuide:
BuildGuide only currently supports the Assembly table:
Spoiler
Show
BuildGuide Version History:
Spoiler
Show
  • v1.2 (May 16th, 2012):
    • Architecture changes (no visible changes)
  • v1.1: Just don't talk about it, ok?
  • v1.0: Initial (Internal) Release
BuildGuide Downloads:
Spoiler
Show
Todo:
Spoiler
Show
  • Add support for:
    • Millstone
      • Currently waiting on me trying to decide what to do about the Companion Cube, as the drops are variable... Stalled, as the drops are currently hard-coded
    • Hopper
      • Currently waiting on my decision on what to do about soul urns Stalled, as the drops are currently hard-coded
    • Kiln
      • Working on it
    • Turntable
      • Working on it
  • Add better GUIs
[/list]
Last edited by The Lone Wolfling on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: BTW Craftguide Plugin (Alpha v1.0)

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Damn! I made something like this a while back, but it was quite hacky, this is awesome, amazing job!
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

That is great! thanks a lot, Wolfling.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Wow, this is awesome man.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Wow man congratulations. There was some talk about this a while back, but with the 4x4 crafting grid it died down.
Good job man, I will download for sure.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

:O

Awesome! Great job on this!
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Not to insult the author of this plugin (I think you did an awesome job!), but is there a plugin similar to this for NEI ?
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
The Lone Wolfling

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Damn! I made something like this a while back, but it was quite hacky[...]
...And this isn't?
embirrim wrote:There was some talk about this a while back, but with the 4x4 crafting grid it died down.
Yeah... As you may notice, it's a little glitchy with the anvil recipes enabled. It works, but the recipes are much more spread out.
FurkeyRefills wrote:Not to insult the author of this plugin [...] but is there a plugin similar to this for NEI ?
Is there? If so, I haven't seen it, and Google hasn't either to the best of my knowledge.
RaustBlackDragon wrote:[...] this is awesome, amazing job!
itamarcu wrote:That is great! thanks a lot, Wolfling.
walker_boh_65 wrote:Wow, this is awesome man.
embirrim wrote:Wow man congratulations. [...] Good job man, I will download for sure.
The great randomo wrote::O

Awesome! Great job on this!
FurkeyRefills wrote:[...](I think you did an awesome job!)[...]
I am flattered -thank you all very much! I hoped people would like it...
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

This is just what I need! Please maintain it for future updates!
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
mr_spoonylegs

Post by mr_spoonylegs »

Husbag3 wrote:This is just what I need! Please maintain it for future updates!
Agreed, a very useful Feature, why is this not in Vmc??
"My friends call me Spoonlegs"
And yes, I drew it myself.
VitaFrench

Post by VitaFrench »

Thank you very much!
No more lag from opening the wiki to remember things!
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

just wondering, since this does not to anything to worldgen, if i wanted to remove it could i through the book into the lava and safely uninstall it?
if i can safely uninstall it, i will definitely use this. thanks!
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

That's great man! I love this. I knew someone would do this eventually :)
FurkeyRefills wrote:is there a plugin similar to this for NEI ?
I have a beta NEI plugin on my development copy. I might release it in the future. For now enjoy this one, as it's certainly just as good as anything I can come up with :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Very nice. I've been waiting for something like this.

EDIT: Confirmed that is supports items from BTB. :D
Last edited by redrew89 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
surge007

Post by surge007 »

Awesome job u hit this on the money
I also use the regular craft guide not recipe book and it coincides with quick guide which makes no need for an item will this tie in to that also

Irregardless gonna download this tonite
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

redrew89 wrote:VDIT: Confirmed that is supports items from BTB. :D
It doesn't support Buildcraft's assembly table recipes, that's the only thing I can think of right now that's missing, apart from the saw and millstone recipes, which are less important.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Pretty awesome, thanks for taking the time to make this!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
The Lone Wolfling

Gilberreke wrote:
redrew89 wrote:VDIT: Confirmed that is supports items from BTB. :D
It doesn't support Buildcraft's assembly table recipes, that's the only thing I can think of right now that's missing, apart from the saw and millstone recipes, which are less important.
Added the first one :D
As for the saw and millstone recipes, I'll probably add them as soon as I figure out something, namely what to do about the companion cube. (See the (updated) OP for more info.)
redrew89 wrote:Very nice. I've been waiting for something like this.

EDIT: Confirmed that is supports items from BTB. :D
Thanks for the confirmation... I was hoping it would, seeing as my modding environment is just running BTW and not BTB at the moment. (I'm using a separate environment with "vanilla" buildcraft for BuildGuide)
Gilberreke wrote:That's great man! I love this. I knew someone would do this eventually :)
...You mean to say I'm a someone now? Yay!
FurkeyRefills wrote:is there a plugin similar to this for NEI ?
I have a beta NEI plugin on my development copy. I might release it in the future. For now enjoy this one, as it's certainly just as good as anything I can come up with :)
Ahh, I see. (I personally don't use NEI though, as it adds too much to my temptation to cheat.) Thanks for the complement!

Also, OP updated to v1.2 (and BuildGuide!)!
kaspermwh

Re: TLW's Craftguide Plugins (Alpha v1.2)

Post by kaspermwh »

This is great!
Thanks a bunch! :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Wow this will be useful! I wont have to use half my screen having buildcraft wiki open all the time! Thanks for all the work you put into this! For future updates, may i suggest lagging the update of this by at least a few days, FC enjoys us discovering new stuff for ourselves.
The Lone Wolfling

SterlingRed wrote:Wow this will be useful! I wont have to use half my screen having buildcraft wiki open all the time! Thanks for all the work you put into this! For future updates, may i suggest lagging the update of this by at least a few days, FC enjoys us discovering new stuff for ourselves.
Good advice. Would putting an (on by default) option in the config file to filter (censor/remove) new recipes be an acceptable alternative? Also, would me monitoring the wiki be a good way to see when something has become common knowledge and so should be uncensored? Or would a fixed amount of time be a better option?

(Oh, and sorry for all the questions.)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

The Lone Wolfling wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:Wow this will be useful! I wont have to use half my screen having buildcraft wiki open all the time! Thanks for all the work you put into this! For future updates, may i suggest lagging the update of this by at least a few days, FC enjoys us discovering new stuff for ourselves.
Good advice. Would putting an (on by default) option in the config file to filter (censor/remove) new recipes be an acceptable alternative? Also, would me monitoring the wiki be a good way to see when something has become common knowledge and so should be uncensored? Or would a fixed amount of time be a better option?

(Oh, and sorry for all the questions.)
I'd like to be a dissenting voice on this. If people use a "tell me all the recipes" mod, then they expect to get all the recipes. I don't see a problem if you update right after BTW, people searching this mod for recipes are the sort who aren't as interested in self-discovery and normally just wait for the wiki/others to find it. A default-on option is okay, but I could see that becoming an unnecessary time-sink figuring out when stuff is common knowledge or not.

Are you considering saw/millstone/kiln "recipes" as well? I figure those are trickier to do. This is a great plugin though.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Mason11987 wrote:
I'd like to be a dissenting voice on this. If people use a "tell me all the recipes" mod, then they expect to get all the recipes. I don't see a problem if you update right after BTW, people searching this mod for recipes are the sort who aren't as interested in self-discovery and normally just wait for the wiki/others to find it. A default-on option is okay, but I could see that becoming an unnecessary time-sink figuring out when stuff is common knowledge or not.
I think it is FC's choice. Iirc he was even trying to get ways for the items to not show up in TMI. Having the option to look into a craft guide when the mod maker specifically goes about to make people think about the recipes... I'd go with FC's design philosophy.

lone wolfing, I think keeping up with the wiki would be the best option. That's how it went with the nether sludge at least.
The Lone Wolfling

Mason11987 wrote: If people use a "tell me all the recipes" mod, then they expect to get all the recipes. I don't see a problem if you update right after BTW, people searching this mod for recipes are the sort who aren't as interested in self-discovery and normally just wait for the wiki/others to find it. A default-on option is okay, but I could see that becoming an unnecessary time-sink figuring out when stuff is common knowledge or not.
A valid point. However, time shouldn't be an issue for me, at least for the time being.
Mason11987 wrote: Are you considering saw/millstone/kiln "recipes" as well? I figure those are trickier to do.
Stalled at the moment - see the OP. (Yes they are trickier)
Mason11987 wrote: This is a great plugin though.
Thanks!
embirrim wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Mason11987 wrote: I'd like to be a dissenting voice on this. If people use a "tell me all the recipes" mod, then they expect to get all the recipes. I don't see a problem if you update right after BTW, people searching this mod for recipes are the sort who aren't as interested in self-discovery and normally just wait for the wiki/others to find it. A default-on option is okay, but I could see that becoming an unnecessary time-sink figuring out when stuff is common knowledge or not.
I think it is FC's choice.
Considering that it is FC's mod...
embirrim wrote: Having the option to look into a craft guide when the mod maker specifically goes about to make people think about the recipes... I'd go with FC's design philosophy. lone wolfing, I think keeping up with the wiki would be the best option. That's how it went with the nether sludge at least.
That seems to be a good decision overall, assuming FC doesn't weigh in on the issue. Thanks for the suggestions!
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Awesome, you have saved me from coding up this myself.

Could you please add this to the wiki? I never saw your mod.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)