Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Laskeri

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Laskeri »

Panda wrote:I dont usually show people my.... builds but heres one im especially proud of, Its the Team Gurren Laugan symbol:
Spoiler
Show
I am approve.

Well anyways, I don't have anything to post here, as I need to go into my mine to get more Redstone/Gold before I do cool stuff.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Panda wrote:I dont usually show people my.... builds but heres one im especially proud of, Its the Team Gurren Laugan symbol:
Spoiler
Show
俺を誰だと思ってやがる KIIIKU!
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I needd help guys, I don't know what I can do with the roof:
Bedroom, Bathroom and Dinnerroom are in the 1th floor.

And don't know now what to build in the second
Spoiler
Show
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Why are you asking ? Phallic structures are always the answer :-) (Yes, I'm drunk...)

As for your question, what about a giant swimming pool with lights on its floor (under the water) and a jumping "ramp" (?) witch you accesses thanks to an elevator ?

You might have to offset your windmill a bit, or just redesign it to fit its new surrounding, though.

ps : I might read this post again tomorrow morning and give myself a giant facepalm due to my own stupidity. Sorry if I talking non sens ^^
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Because a subscriber asked I'm doing a series on my soul urn automation... Anybody interested in me posting these here when I make them?

Youtube video
http://youtu.be/noKtok3WLGM
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Takinomfan

Post by Takinomfan »

Aiming to redeem myself, and wanting to become an active participant, I finally kept a world long enough to make a windmill-automated Mill.

I like the aesthetics myself, and try to fit function in afterwords without botching up the looks too much.
Spoiler
Show
Zoomed in from the ground.

Towered up so I could see it better.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

My Hardcore Buckets Mode. First ever world using it :)

Texture pack in my signature.
My World
Show
Labelled
Show
1. My house
2. Wheat Farm (Laira's design)
3. Mineshaft. All the way to 12. Abandoned mine down there too!
4. Windmill, design was from these forums.
5. (behind the windmill) My Kiln/Crucible/Cauldrons. There are 2 cauldrons, 1 unstoked and 1 stoked. Right next to each other :D both have 9 hibachi
6. My Wolf Dungeon... Couldn't be bothered with Aesthetics here. Those mutts don't deserve it!
7. Enchanting room
8. Still haven't done anything with it yet. I want it to be a sawmill...
9. Millstone
10. 100% Automatic Tree Farm. Thanks to Stormweaver for the Vanilla tree farm download, which I then tweaked in creative, then recreated in this world. Tweaked version download here.
The waterwheel building has nothing inside... I just wanted a building for it :)
Off screen to the right, 100% automatic cow killing tower
Nether Portal
Still need to set up a nether base.
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Oh... You're using my... *squee* I made something other people want to use. Yay!
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

morvelaira wrote:Oh... You're using my... *squee* I made something other people want to use. Yay!
It even has the hemp farm underneath!
It's further down than yours, because I had to reroute some water from the wheat farm to do it, but it works :) I have 5 hemp on each side, and it all flows to me. Push of a button and I get 10 hemp whenever I can be bothered :P

I liked the design, and thought it was really well done and space saving :) Just had to slightly modify for HCB

Yay I made Laira squee :D Another one ticked off the bucket list!
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I like the cute little waterwheel house Pentagram.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Caboose wrote:I like the cute little waterwheel house Pentagram.
I'm still unsure about whether or not I should remove the 1 block line of sand though
Six

Post by Six »

I've been playing around with tweaking Stormweaver's vanilla tree farm and finally got the design to what I wanted:
Spoiler
Show
That's an auto tree farm with an 11 high growth area, which harvests raw logs and works on most shapes of pine, birch and jungle trees. Sometimes it will waste a single sapling if a leaf block decays above the growth detecting Buddy Block, but I couldn't be bothered worrying about that (Scratch that, a sneaky little sticky piston solved that perfectly). You could also put in a 5x5 tube to grow oak and avoid large oak, but screw oak.

I love how well BTW blocks compliment redstone.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

So after putting off automation of pottery and kiln I was bored today and thought I'd try to figure it out. BEHOLD! I've created a monster....

The auto urn pottery machine and the kiln.
Spoiler
Show
The mess of timing and stuff.
Spoiler
Show
Now I just have to figure out how to condense it down. But victory is mine!

-Edit- Now waterless and cleaned up.
Spoiler
Show
Timing seems to be just right and haven't encountered any loss yet. This is setup only for urn production. The pottery system was possible due to an idea from an older post on here (Can't remember who it was at this moment.)
Last edited by destineternel on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Oh my god it just seems so much easier with BTB installed <_>" (with no consideration of the higher cost of it)

But yeah, neat process anyway !
I'm currently struggling to get "my" design (pure BTW) working. And yeah, it's a mess.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Six

Post by Six »

Speaking of automated pottery/kiln, this was the mess of a design I made in my previous world.
Spoiler
Show
I'm still amazed I managed to get that thing working, I never properly got my head around the BD timers.

Problem was, I got so sick of waiting for things to finish in that world with all the one-at-a-time automation, in my new world I just focused fast mass production, with a little bit of semi-automation. This is what I have done for pottery in it:
Spoiler
Show
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

Here's my auto chicken farm, its slow but it does supply me with glue and tallow for when I start making mining charges

These well looked after chickens each get their own 1x1 cage to lay their eggs in, there is a total of 32 cages all with a chicken in them
Spoiler
Show
The hatching room, just your standard room with a 1 block wall at one end for the adults to get out and get washed to their deaths, what more can be said
Spoiler
Show
and here's a rendering room, it leaves much to be desired but it gets the job done, total of 6 stewing pots, 3 for feathers and 3 for the meat, 4 hoppers, 1 for EXP, 1 for feathers for when I make SFS armour and the other 2 sort out the remaining to be rendered into glue and tallow
Spoiler
Show
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I've been wanting to show you guys my dung room for some time now, it's based around the Graphites spiral build idea and wonky MC water mechanics.

Opened up for your viewing pleasure:
Spoiler
Show
It's extremely small, and.. I'm loathe to call it this, but, fully automatic, as every dog gets fed and the excess goes into the hopper. There is some inefficiency, but heck, this is such a time and space saver that I don't even care. Besides, it's not like you need that much dung anyway - if you do, you can always build several tiers like this.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Poppycocks wrote:I've been wanting to show you guys my dung room
Opened up for your viewing pleasure
Looks good. Its given me inspiration but I'll have to do some tests.

Other note, I've continued my series on how I've built my Automated soul urn system. Its actually getting good reviews from the watchers I have.

01 - Clay Automation Timing
http://youtu.be/noKtok3WLGM

02 - Completed Clay Water Flow
http://youtu.be/OY_o7rB5Zl4

03 - Automated Kiln (I think its quite a simple one)
http://youtu.be/8wrfoJLhZHk
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

This is just a little something I've been working on for if and when BTW does end up becoming SMP, in case I end up trying out an anarchy server. I figured testing the waters with some trap building would pass the time fairly well.
I do, unfortunately, suck pretty bad with redstone, so it does need a bit of tweaking.
Spoiler
Show
Just a mild-mannered temple, huzzah, there must be someone else's treasure inside!
Spoiler
Show
The hallway looks fairly modest... now. But on the other side of those walls.
Spoiler
Show
Really poorly laid out redstone! And...
Spoiler
Show
A beautiful latticework of gearboxes, axles and saws. :D
Spoiler
Show
Hark, a pressure plate, and an inspirational plaque!
Spoiler
Show
Stepping on the pressure plate also powers the bottom hopper, dropping far more foul food than one can hold in their inventory directly onto the pressure plate. (I had to take the snapshot from the side, because I kept getting sucked in by the fun part.)
Spoiler
Show
And at last, those who step on the pressure plate, fill their inventory with foul food and get sucked into the roaring tsunami of redstone sickitude, meet their gruesome demise at the razor sharp edges of the sticky piston engineered saw wall. (Proven to be 100% effective on pigs and villagers!)
It needs a bit of work... but it works... fairly fast, and I'm sure death by this would be fairly humiliating. Oh well, I'm back to the lab to prepare more "surprises"
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Shmooooo

Post by Shmooooo »

I am a firm believer that BTW would be the best mod ever made if it only included siding, moulding and corners. The amazingly ornate work it allows is a great boon.

This is a fairly fresh world. I spawned on (0,0) and am making a tower of awesomeness on exactly the four chunks adjoining (0,0). Storage area in progress:
Spoiler
Show
Update: view from up top:
Spoiler
Show
BTW Wiki word wrangler, sentence surgeon, paragraph purger.

Bad writing is like a tangled string: it's easier to cut it than to untie it. Mediocre writing is like a loose string: you can pull it taut to have some left over. Good writing is a hemp fibre.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

That's awesome, Shmoooo!

By the way, you should change your avatar picture from 2*Pi*i to Tau*i :)

Tau day is in 2 days!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Shmooooo

Post by Shmooooo »

Never! Tau is an abomination. Not to mention in those cases where you do need pi (Fourier series, etc.), having a fraction is more inconvenient than writing 2pi in those where you need 2 pi. I'm a traditionalist. Not to mention it would defile Euler's formula. And my handwritten taus are terrible.

Anyway, update: the finished (less some chests) build. Pretty dandy if I do say so myself. The staircases especially turned out well.
Spoiler
Show
P.S. I meant Euler's identity.
BTW Wiki word wrangler, sentence surgeon, paragraph purger.

Bad writing is like a tangled string: it's easier to cut it than to untie it. Mediocre writing is like a loose string: you can pull it taut to have some left over. Good writing is a hemp fibre.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Very nice indeed, Schmooooo! :)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Shmooooo wrote:It would defile Euler's Identity. And my handwritten taus are terrible.
e to the i*Pi = -1.
BUT, e to the i*Tau is 1. What's more perfect than THAT?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Itamarcu wrote:
Shmooooo wrote:It would defile Euler's Identity. And my handwritten taus are terrible.
e to the i*Pi = -1.
BUT, e to the i*Tau is 1. What's more perfect than THAT?
I always write it as e^iπ +1 = 0. Tau is too easily confused with pi and would require too much effort to implement for the scant benefit it affords. Also, to me personally, it feels less elegant than pi: ℎ/2π = ℏ looks much better than ℎ/τ = ℏ.