Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gunnerman21

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I made an auto pottery system a while back (like 2 years) which used an elevator to lift excess clay back to the top to reshape into blocks, but that was way before pistons had to be used to automate clay block making.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
pommes

Post by pommes »

the entrance to my compound. the wooden structure houses the mechanics for the portcullis.
Spoiler
Show
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

pommes wrote:the entrance to my compound. the wooden structure houses the mechanics for the portcullis.
Dude, that looks awesome!
I particularly like the integration of the wall (and apparently some of the buildings too) with nearby hills. Good job!
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Mud

Post by Mud »

So I finally crafted my first saw and now have access to hoppers and sidings/mouldings/corners. I decided the first thing I wanted to do was design a non-automated chick coop that didn't require my presence for egg collection. The chickens still have to be fed manually, but I'm fine with that for now. In my survival world, the coop will ideally have 16 chickens.
Spoiler
Show
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

I like the coop. With water flow and power I could see you fully automating that in the future. Although it may not be worth all the gearboxes it would cost you :)
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

couldn't you just shove them all in a single pen?
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

RalphKastro wrote:couldn't you just shove them all in a single pen?
I believe that would make the task of manually feeding them a lot harder and more time consuming, considering he can't simply throw the seeds in.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

it's basicaly the same thing, but you have to throw the amount of seeds for the amount of chickens
(just throwing them in the slab in front them)
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

RalphKastro wrote:it's basicaly the same thing, but you have to throw the amount of seeds for the amount of chickens
(just throwing them in the slab in front them)
Well that's his outlook I suppose, I didn't make any form of egg automation until I had water to help me with it.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Putting them "on the walls" frees up the ground space for other things.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

yeah, I got that. My question is if you couldn't put all of them in a single slot on the walls, freeing much more space?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

RalphKastro wrote:yeah, I got that. My question is if you couldn't put all of them in a single slot on the walls, freeing much more space?
Chicken singularities are discouraged. I believe at one point Fc was talking about making them not a feasible option however idk what came of that. If someone knows help out here.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote: Chicken singularities are discouraged. I believe at one point Fc was talking about making them not a feasible option however idk what came of that. If someone knows help out here.
No, I ditched the idea. Was a large revamp to animals in general which I decided to triage.
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

My underground abode as of now.
edit: sorry, large pictures
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Mud

Post by Mud »

RalphKastro wrote:yeah, I got that. My question is if you couldn't put all of them in a single slot on the walls, freeing much more space?
To keep them from pushing each other into walls/suffocating.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Finally Got to the point of being able to share the castle I've been building on Edolas! Enjoy!
Spoiler
Show
The Outer Walls, The Tower, and Magikeh's Windmill]

Spoiler
Show
The Portcullis

Spoiler
Show
The Lumber Mill

Spoiler
Show
The Forum

Spoiler
Show
The Market Square

Spoiler
Show
The Temple/Portal Room

Spoiler
Show
The Inn and Tavern

Spoiler
Show
Inn/Tavern First Floor

Spoiler
Show
Inn/Tavern Second Floor

Spoiler
Show
The Portal

Spoiler
Show
The Forge (somewhat unfinished)

Spoiler
Show
An Unassuming Wall, nothing important here...

Spoiler
Show
The Barracks (FInally got around to it!)

Spoiler
Show
A Closer look at the Tower (it's actually a mobtrap)

Spoiler
Show
The Gardens and Pond

This has been a VERY long time in the making and it feels great to share this project with the community outside of Edolas. For anyone curious, that dark stuff is all STRATA. yup, that was a fun project, the server is so old i had to go ~18,0000 blocks away from this base to get it (This is not an exaggeration). I had a hell of a lot of fun, and a shit ton of thanks to magikeh for letting me tear down his old cobble castle to build this.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

That's a thing of beauty Gates :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

thanks man, that feels really good to hear. I've been on and off building this thing (mostly off) since before the server shut off and switched and all that craziness. Has been a lot of fun, and the underground portion hasn't even been started yet! (this definitely has nothing to do with any wall or anything like that...)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

I really like that forge design man, it looks awesome. Like something out of a fantasy MMORPG.
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow, that is awesome! I especially love how the mobtrap was integrated into the core design of the castle. I've gotten to the point where I can build fairly good looking mob traps, but I always have issues integrating them into my main base. They always look like imposing monstrosities reigning with terror over the other buildings.

The portal, too, looks badass. Pretty much everything does. Again, marvelous job on the entire thing!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

Here is an automated pottery setup I just finished.

The selection buttons in the main room.
Spoiler
Show
The collection point.
Spoiler
Show

Implementation of the selection buttons. These are tileable vertical latches with a shared reset line. Only one latch can be active at a time, and the output of the latch turns on a light block and extends a sticky piston upwards. Each sticky piston has a block on it that can transfer power.
Spoiler
Show
Here we can see the timing pulses, which travel through the one raised block determined by the latches, and into the appropriate Block Dispenser.
Spoiler
Show
The Block Dispensers have a shared output which runs through a pulse generator to shorten the output. This pulse goes to a piston to push the pottery into the collection, and then the pulse is delayed and inverted before going to the Block Dispenser to output another clay block.
Spoiler
Show
Unfortunately, automatic loading of clay blocks into the Block Dispenser hasn't been implemented yet.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

whitechaos35 wrote:Here is an automated pottery...
I would kill if you could post a download copy for us to check out, this is just fabulous.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Yhetti wrote:I would kill if you could post a download copy for us to check out, this is just fabulous.
Great! I doubt he wants to be an accessory to murder. Now we'll never get it.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

whitechaos35 wrote:Here is an automated pottery setup I just finished.
Sweet! I've done something very similar myself in the past. I've been contemplating how to do a less resource intense version by combining outputs of bds instead of using 4 individual ones for timing but that concept still lives in my head.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

To the left is the building that will soon house a fully operational cow and pig farm capable of producing dung/tanned leather and tallow, and all the food I'll ever need. On the top floor are a wheat farm (for cows) and an incomplete carrot farm (for pigs) with 252 of each plant growing in them, will feed 8 breeding pairs of each cows and pigs. Center is the main entryway (bottom path) and the elevated floor will eventually have mine cart tracks on it which will lead to the outer walls which are nowhere near even being started. To the right is a tower of Screw Pumps that makes this monstrous construction possible.
Spoiler
Show
And in the background next to the cow/pig building (the stone brick foot) will go another building of similar dimensions that will house a far smaller sheep farm and a chicken farm. Approximate building dimensions for the cow/pig farm are 46x22x46 (LxWxH) and the Screw Pump Tower is a bit over 40 blocks tall.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals