Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BinoAl

Show us your builds!

Post by BinoAl »

I figured we'd need a centralized place to show off our builds! Whether it's an aesthetic masterpiece, an ingenious contraption, or just a neat idea, post it here!
Itamarcu

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Itamarcu »

My lens heart!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

well here it is
Spoiler
Show
the front view of my base
the wind mill entrance and the dung farm in the side
inside the wind mill
the hose in the side of the wind mill AKA Water well hose and the cobble house is the auto hemp farm
the auto breeding and auto wheat farm
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

itamarcu wrote:My lens heart!
Aha, I remember that :)
I'm trying to work on a lens display, that cycles through an animation. It's not too hard, you can just use a bd behind each lens to store whether each one is on or off at that frame. Prohibitively expensive, but I'm using tmi :)
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Light and Dark Towers in my new world
Spoiler
Show
My dock and farm
Spoiler
Show
Not really a build, but a fun screenshot I just found from when I messed with a world gen mod
Spoiler
Show
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Here's my latest base (In a world I think I might keep around a lot longer):
Spoiler
Show
I really like the power distribution setup. Since I'm building each room based in a corner, I sent mechanical power down each corner. With each room being 4 blocks (counting the floor), it's perfectly spaced for 3 axles + a gearbox. It's also easily adaptable to most systems, like the millstones in the last pic. It uses those waterflows, so it's on the bottom floor, but you can see how if it had been higher, I could still keep the gearboxes going without interrupting the uniformity
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I tend to inhabit villages instead of building but I like to fiddle around with redstone in creative worlds. I made a flatscreen clock with lenses that displays real Minecraft time. I'll post some images later.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Starshifterxen wrote: My dock and farm
Spoiler
Show
I enjoy your shrubbery.

also
Spoiler
Show

Husbag3 wrote:I tend to inhabit villages instead of building but I like to fiddle around with redstone in creative worlds. I made a flatscreen clock with lenses that displays real Minecraft time. I'll post some images later.
I think I remember that. T'was/is most awesome indeed.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

That's very kind of you :)
Maybe I'll venture into the realms of the aesthetic soon...
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Optimum reed farm density? :D
Spoiler
Show
It's the most dense reed farm possible, each reed only touches 1 water block, and each water block touches 4 reeds :)
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Better Than Wolves
Show

This is my humble abode, conveniently located in a heavily-terraformed desert biome. Yay for not having to disengage my windmill whenever it rains ten blocks away.

In my efforts to make it look nice, I ended up embedding most of my soul-farm industry into the mountain walls. You'd be surprised how much of a challenge it can be to design good-looking machinery... if you don't place glass in front of stuff, items really have a tendency to pop all over the place.

Ofcourse, now that I've finally got the basics set up, it's time for some serious automation. I started out with an expandable hempfarm. Need more hemp, just add another level to the top!
Compensating for something (Vanilla)
Show

I played a multiplayer map once with a few friends (my poor computer could barely manage it). At some point, I built the above structure mostly to house the below item...

I figured that, if you were going to build a portal to some strange place, you'd atleast do it in a place that you could defend if something went awfully wrong.
Echo... cho... ho... o... (Vanilla)
Show

This has to be the biggest build I've done so far. I started digging and digging and before I knew it, I had a rather big hole in the lawn. The bottom four levels were sheep-farms for all 16 colours (though I never did get the brown ones). The top level was one I was rather proud of... the biome ring:

And ofcourse some of the sheepsies:

HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I had the good luck to find an awesome little formation around a lake, and it will become my house/workshop/storage area. The cobblestone is my house (not finished) and the empty one is where my workshop will go. Seed: Javalamadingdong
Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

@Graphite, that biome ring is quite awesome! How did you do the snow blocks?
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

rhacer wrote:@Graphite, that biome ring is quite awesome! How did you do the snow blocks?
Fenced in a bunch of snowmen, then waited reeeeeeeeeally patiently for them to walk over every single block there. The ones up on the hill took ages as the bastards kept hopping back down again.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Or just push them ;)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I love the mini biomes. What a great idea.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Husbag3 wrote:Or just push them ;)
Pushing doesn't work that well uphill, unfortunately ;)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Graphite wrote:
Husbag3 wrote:Or just push them ;)
Pushing doesn't work that well uphill, unfortunately ;)
Spoiler
Show
fishing rod
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Graphite Love your windmill, finally a design that fits my eyes!
Mind If I "copy" it to my world?
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

Last edited by EdzyWhat on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
Panda

Post by Panda »

Just starting a new world dont laugh at me...

All 3 of my Houses i have made...
Spoiler
Show
Windmill and Lumber house, gears all underground
Spoiler
Show
Gaint Mob grinder that doesnt work anymore FML.....
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Graphite, your stuff is very well done. Some of your details on your fort are really nice, and I'll probably borrow them. It's really excellent.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

duartemad wrote:Graphite Love your windmill, finally a design that fits my eyes!
Mind If I "copy" it to my world?
By all means. Not like I hold any copyrights on that design. I just figured it'd fit my house better than some massive tower. That, and it does have that somewhat industrial look to it versus the more medieval kind of most mills.

EdzyWhat wrote:Reposting stuff, but hey, it's fun!

Seawatch [current, creative build]
Island [old, survival build]
Both links seem to point to Seawatch. Gorgeous buildings, btw. Love how you fit it all into the terrain as that can be quite tricky with the larger buildings.

P.S. I just noticed I seem to be the only one quoting posts to reply to people. It's a bit of a habit from another forum I used to frequent, but I guess it could be a bit 'spammy'. Are there any particular habits around this place regarding stuff like that that I should know about?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Here's a few shots of my btw 1.2.3 world. Haven't spent a lot of time in it yet, so nothing is truly automated.
Spoiler
Show
The lag pits! Massive lag spike everytime these chunks load and unload, and they happen to be in such a position that they load/unload right in the middle of the area I'm building in. I'll be moving them indoors to an automated facility as soon as I get enough dung for the harnesses. Then there will be a mass slaughter of epic proportions!

Different buildings for each automation type. Closest building is for the sawmill, still a wip. Roofless building on the left is actually my home 'base'. I quickly decided I disliked what I was doing with it and abandoned the design within a few mc days after spawning. Still rethinking what I want my home building to look like. Brick and stone building on the right also unfinished is for stewing pots, stoked stewing pots, and a kiln.

Featured at the center of my little village, is.... the wolves dungeon! I'm not finished with the design of it, but I love the way its turning out.

Especially this part :-D

Shot from my temporary tree farm. Building in the center is my workshop, used for temporary btw systems until I get things automated. Then I'll turn it either into a central control tower (lens's controlling all automation in the other buildings) or into a 'test' space for redstone designs and new btw features. Building on the right is for my crops. It hasn't been automated either, although I could do that at any time, I just have been too lazy to bother since I wanted to get automated steel production going asap.
Buildings will be more aesthetic in the future with panels, moulding, corners, balconies, etc especially with the variety of wood planks coming. But function over decorating first.

I plan to build a service level under the entire village that will house power generation, item movement, redstone timers, etc.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

My Well: (4 pics)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".