Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
dawnraider

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by dawnraider »

Mesh wrote:Do you not get any performance issues with that? My last world we had a bloodwood tree that went out of control and the performance went through the floor for everyone, so much so that I had to delete the Nether and start fresh. Now on my server I have had to put a rule against none contained bloodwood trees!
I've never had any issues, but I do have a rather beefy computer. But it runs fine on my laptop as well, which is pushing five years old.

I think your issue may have been because of the server, I have heard of a couple instances of it becoming an issue on servers, but very few, and never single player.
DiamondArms wrote:Fences work as well in place of the glowstone and are probably slightly more efficient(due to not blocking the way for cactus to fall). hope that bit of info helps.
Yeah that probably would help, but the glowstone is there for light as well as for farm functionality (the center path would otherwise be dark enough for mob spawns), and I think it looks better. I'm not really going for super efficiency, as honestly I really made this as a completionist, since it was annoying to go to the desert of the very rare occasion I actually needed cactus (basically villager trades and as dye for the occasional green accent on a building), and I hate temporary structures.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

dawnraider wrote: I think your issue may have been because of the server, I have heard of a couple instances of it becoming an issue on servers, but very few, and never single player.
We had the same issues on three different servers. But I know (as he as said here too) that FC had already addressed performance issues with Bloodwood in the past and I'd hoped it would have fixed ours but alas, it didn't. I have no idea why, we've just accepted it and take steps to avoid it where possible. It's no biggy as it's easy to control so its not really an issue anymore
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Spoiler
Show
Finished my first Windmill in a long time. Feels good, man.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Caboose wrote:Finished my first Windmill in a long time. Feels good, man.
Elegant and simple, I love it! :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Arx

Post by Arx »

That's actually a really nice design for a simple windmill. I might just have to steal it. :D
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

What the hell have I gotten myself into? I am at the point to start making beacons, and my base has gotten so large that there is no centralized location. So I thought, "Why not make more land?" And thus, the idea of the floating island was born. Little did I know how huge of a project it was going to be.
http://imgur.com/a/k2mNp
Get the Deco Addon here!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Haha, nice! I love custom terrain projects, and fully appreciate the scope of them. I'm in the middle of creating a huge custom mushroom biome, with custom giant mushrooms and mushroom houses and it is just never ending :P

http://i.imgur.com/Y0fRnGp.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyh7o3mqj3awy ... 2.png?dl=0

Edit: Just because I'm ocd, I took great pains to replace all natural yellow flowers with brown mushrooms, and red flowers with red mushrooms,some of which grew large, and also some spread around :P So far I've gone through around 35 steel hoes.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow, that's quite impressive :)

The biggest struggle I'm having with the island is HCB. In vanilla I would have just used water to build the stuff below (I'm pay crazy attention to detail, so it has to have spikes on the bottom, lit up with glowstone to see it). However, that obviously doesn't work, so I've had to create the huge lattice of scaffolding with ladders everywhere. Thankfully I already have a rudimentary enderman farm going, so if I fall I can just chuck an ender pearl (which has happened a couple times. Even with feather falling IV the fall would still kill me)
Last edited by dawnraider on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get the Deco Addon here!
ion

Post by ion »

why hoes MoRmEnGiL? i used mooshroom cows in my taiga biome to remove grass and spread the spores. very fast.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

That particular world is stuck at vmc 1.2.x which means btw version 3.70something iirc. I do not have later btw features, so I have to make do with hard work instead ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Spoiler
Show
Shot of my animal pens, Pigs waiting for when I have a functioning cauldron. Dunno when I'll get sheep or if that's a sound investment just yet.

Not super happy with how the cow pen ended up, but I had to add another layer of wall after one of cows jumped out using the decorative fences underneath.
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

Caboose wrote:Not super happy with how the cow pen ended up, but I had to add another layer of wall after one of cows jumped out using the decorative fences underneath.
I think it's looking nice, even with the two rows of walls. Maybe swap the corner walls with logs?
--Who do you think you are, War?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Not sure if this warranted a new post so I'll share it here

I suck at caving for several reasons, probably some of which are "haha noob". As such, I usually have redstone in short supply and thus need to scrimp and save whatever redstone I do have.

Here are some designs I use which try to make the most efficient use of redstone as possible
Redstoneless builds
Cheapskate Redstone
Some of these are in a redstone testing world as the ones I use tend to be encased in stone.

Hope to see some others share their cheap redstone builds as well. I could always use more redstone-saving designs.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I'll have to give that a try, Chaoticneutral, thanks!
Spoiler
Show
I have no idea what those jokers are up to with my windmill but I do not like it one bit.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

DiamondArms wrote:Cheapskate Redstone
That's a pretty nice feeder circuit. much neater, cheaper and more compact than mine

Yoink
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Ethinolicbob wrote: That's a pretty nice feeder circuit. much neater, cheaper and more compact than mine

Yoink
Glad to be of service.

Share thy secrets with me.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So today I discovered that stakestrings can be crossed.

Imgur album with brief descriptions
Same images without descriptions
Show
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Really nice idea DiamondArms ! I love it ;)
Maxams

Post by Maxams »

here is my windmill (hope it dosent look to generic)
Spoiler
Show
"CANT STOP WONT STOP"
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Maxams wrote:here is my windmill (hope it dosent look to generic)
Nope... looks perty good.

This is a plain windmill... except it squirts.
Spoiler
Show
My video from Apr 6, 2012 (No ads)
https://youtu.be/iIMXYcdCDy4
And this is a stupid crazy windmill... no squirting.
Spoiler
Show
My video from Apr 4, 2012 (No ads)
https://youtu.be/yMRgmXicnGM
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Rob

Post by Rob »

That outro jingle made me laugh, Rawny. :P
ion

Post by ion »

back in business. just the starting village
Spoiler
Show
i'm forcing the oak trees to grow big so i can make a nice forest. it really takes a long time
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

A auto kiln I just made.
Space and speed isn't usually a concern when I build but I like stability and reliability. Cooking is on a timer so it's slower than Buddy block based autokilns.
NOTICE: All of the redstone circuitry is BELLOW the "floor level" at the kiln meaning other than the pistons and the block dispenser, no circuitry is visible.
*Warning: Putting redstone on the "floor" around the kiln area could react badly.

Starting and stopping this kiln was a problem as if you didn't start/stop it at the exact right time you'd start/stop it mid-cycle and things would get fubar'ed. The on/off lever (purple circle) only triggers the system on or off BETWEEN cycles by using a D-flip-flop (blue circle). The d-flip-flop "holds" the current status of the "job" UNTIL the whole cycle is complete. The redstone torch in the block dispenser is the start/stop of the cycle. This means you can toggle the on/off lever at any time without breaking the timing.

The yellow section is just an AND gate telling the system must be ON and RUNNING for things to work.

- The block dispenser by the gearbox hold two blocks and a redstone torch.
- The red arrow shows a hidden redstone torch on the block under the piston. There is also another redstone torch under that block against the block adjacently bellow it.
- The first repeater nearest the block dispenser is on 4 ticks delay, all others (two) are on one.
- The piston with the glass will continue to pulse even if the system is off, there was no need to stop it.
- When active, the glass piston pushes the cooked items into a crucible on the other side.
- When the system is off, the piston with the brick block moves back giving access to the crucible bellow it.

*These are big and are just links, you should "Open in new window" these...
Picture with Overlay
Picture without Overlay
Picture with it on
Another Picure
An Ini-View

If you can make this smaller while keeping it's functionality please do and teach me a lesson!

*edit 1: note the redstone leading into the turn table. That makes it turn back and forth, not full around.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
pommes

Post by pommes »

been working on aestheticizing my area a lot lately
Spoiler
Show
view entering the area

the central square

my storage building

chicken farm
the dispenser hatches them but I have to manually kill them

kitchen and cow breeder

windmill and building in the background is enchanting and potions
inside windmill with grindstone and saw
inside enchanting building

building behind the tree is kiln and temporary crucible

dog poop farm (dog is in hole)

aerial view of whole town so far
ion

Post by ion »

A new tower and this village is done working on. I would move towards some villages nearby.
Spoiler
Show