Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by FlowerChild »

Plantman wrote:Now that I've built it, all that I do in my world is sit and watch it do its thing.
Hehehe...I like it :)
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

I split the GIF in ist several Pictures in the attempt to work out how the machine works but I still couldn't figure where there are Pistons and other stuff.

But it's a beauty!
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Plantman wrote:Now that I've built it, all that I do in my world is sit and watch it do its thing.
This gives me a warm feeling, it's glorious! I sat here watching the damn gif for about 5 minutes, it's mesmerising haha
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Epsilon wrote:I split the GIF in ist several Pictures in the attempt to work out how the machine works but I still couldn't figure where there are Pistons and other stuff.

But it's a beauty!
From what I can see elevator brings up 4 clay balls.
Clay balls get pushed into work area
They get packed into a block
Block gets pulled over turntable
turntable makes pottery
pottery gets pushed over water to drop as item

Its a beautiful system I like it
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

One question about that urn-pooper, does it have a way to stop the clay balls from despawning? If not, I would reccomend adding an always-powered hopper somewhere to do that.
Plantman

Post by Plantman »

Glad yous like it.
Yhetti wrote:Alright, spill it, how did you build that?
I stopped drinking long enough to figure it out. :P
Spoiler
Show
Epsilon wrote:I split the GIF in ist several Pictures in the attempt to work out how the machine works but I still couldn't figure where there are Pistons and other stuff.
But it's a beauty!
I just took a bunch of screenshots and slapped them together into the gif. The actually machine is much smoother and easier to see whats going on. Plus the sounds of the clay, pistons, gearboxes, etc. are so soothing.
Ethinolicbob wrote: From what I can see elevator brings up 4 clay balls.
Clay balls get pushed into work area
They get packed into a block
Block gets pulled over turntable
turntable makes pottery
pottery gets pushed over water to drop as item
Mostly correct. The elevator bring up all extra clay balls. After the new clay block is on turntable, the center visible piston lifts a glass block (need surface on all sides to make clay block), then a piston behind the white stone pushes all extra clay into the water.
abculatter_2 wrote:One question about that urn-pooper, does it have a way to stop the clay balls from despawning? If not, I would reccomend adding an always-powered hopper somewhere to do that.
There is a hopper with a grate filter, in line with the elevator, that filters out the clay from the urns. The unused clay balls cycle through indefinitely.

Its a complete soul bottling system. I bring it clay and netherrack, it gives me soul urns and happiness. :)
Spoiler
Show
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Plantman wrote:
Spoiler
Show

That is beautiful. Builds like that are the reason I started playing BTW.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Damn man that's a sexy machine. Nicely done!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

An overhead view of an old vanilla world converted into BTW. My plans for this island is try to finish up my lighthouse, put a watermill on the southeastern part of the island, and eventually enhance the village.
Spoiler
Show
You spawn on this island and is basically the closest thing you will ever get to a BTW survival island seed. For those who are curious here is the seed:-2089467411
(First post by the way.)
Spoiler
Show
"Don't force your smiles and don't feed you frowns. Instead do your best to feed each others' smiles and let your negative emotions be known without trying to force frowns. This is the apex of communicating emotions."
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

I really like that, Iggy! :) How did you deal with food early-game? Or was that not a problem given "old vanilla world converted to BTW"?
-J-

Post by -J- »

Just a few pics of my current world so far. I'm currently stockpiling on stone and meat so I can start the construction of my Tower o' Power.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

It's very ugly but I've hit a road block and the first step is to set up an ender block beacon to make trading with far away villagers easier by allowing me to bring two chests of goods there at once.
Spoiler
Show
I'm also very slowly flooding the end completely. The idea being that after enough of it is flooded the only endermen which will spawn will be off in the distance just where my character is looking. They will spawn, get angry, than charge at me with all the other endermen, get killed, pearls hoppered, and repeat forever.

It's not QUITE an enderman trap, but it does the job at this point until I can solve my gold shortages to get pistons..
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Right, I have to wonder, how in bloody hell did you get water through to the end.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

You can place water in the End as if hardcore buckets didn't exist.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

oh man, you never tried to use buckets in the end? Try it out.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Well...shit.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Whats this? We want stone? Hells yes! So how to you get a butt load of stone? Make it! Break IT!

First off the location in in a not so secret place on the icyopolis server, so all you fellows feel free to snag some.
Spoiler
Show
Purdification.tm Yes that's a quad gen farm yes its fast. On off lever is off to the side there.
Spoiler
Show
Pick yer spoils outta the BDs themselves. Yes its slow and tedious, but at 1 stone every .5s they fill pretty quickly! (48 BDs, 24s per cycle.)
Spoiler
Show
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

So we started a new world a few months ago and two of us have been building up our town. We tend to build up a town and construct buildings for each major advancement, windmill for millstone, stoked cauldron room, library for enchanting table etc etc. Some of it is finally at a stage where we have something to show hehe.

The Library (Enchanting Table) and Alchemy Lab
Spoiler
Show
The Crucible
Spoiler
Show
From left to right: Crucible, Auto Vine Farm as a centre piece, Library/Alchemy Lab, Kiln
Spoiler
Show
Now that I've added some paths in to connect everything up I'm really starting to like the place! Such a difference a few trees, some grass/flowers and bushes can make hehe. For anyone interested in my Texture Pack, the link is in my sig :)
pommes

Post by pommes »

trying my best to focus on aesthetics in this world, my base is starting to come together. the whole area is built on top of a lake so water sources are readily available.
Spoiler
Show
an overview of the area

the three buildings i've built so far, from left to right - millstone/saw, enchanting/brewing, storage

the ground floor and attic of the storage building

my millstone and saw. the items collect in a hopper in that hole beneath the floor

my huge collection of brewing stands

MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

What have I gotten myself into.. please send help!
Spoiler
Show

Why oh why did I even begin this monstrosity.. It is never ending..

Right, some explanation is in order.

This is a gigantic wool farm.

Notice that this is an old version of minecraft and btw, iirc the last vMC version I used in my old btw world was 1.2, then I decided not to update ever again due to countless problems, performance being a key one. So yeah, this is VERY old btw.

This abomination has 5 sheep cells for each color, except white which has 10, and red which has 6 (It was on the last floor on its own, and I wanted it to be symmetric)

It produces a ridiculous numbers of wool, and also collects string and transforms it to wool in 6 cauldrons, after it fills 2 double chests with string, then remaining string is cactused. It is so productive, and I am such an OCD guy, that I decided I wanted seperate controls for each color (on/off) string collection (on/off) on site storage or redirect to main base storage, and self destruct mode (not really. the entire project was self destructive for me though :P )

This means I had to put 91 sheep in 91 2x1 cells, in a huge multifloor structure in the sky. That was the second worst part of it. When I finally finished it was working like a wonder. But I had to dress it up. This was the worst part of it. I'm completely burned out, the absolutely worst part is, I decited to use wooden sub-blocks for detailing (all the lines in the facade) and it takes absolutely ages due to the way those are placed. Basically you either have to place them then rotate each and every one multiple times until they are in correct alignment, or, you have to place helper blocks, place sub blocks, then remove all helper blocks, which is slightly less time and effort but still a nightmare. I may well die before I finish this. If I do, make sure my kids make it to college.. (just kidding, I have no kids, but take care of my cats, all of them!)
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: Why oh why did I even begin this monstrosity.. It is never ending..
Because you decided one day that you absolutely had to have a never ending supply of wool spitting forth from an aesthetically pleasing package? :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Because you decided one day that you absolutely had to have a never ending supply of wool spitting forth from an aesthetically pleasing package? :)
You know what the funniest thing is? I build this floor by floor, and until I finished the functional part, the first floors had produced so much wool I didn't have enough storage :P Of course the plan was to produce wool in quantities that would allow me to use it like stone, ie, a material that I can build big things out of without even caring if blocks dropped here and there despawned. But as of this moment I have 12 double chests of white wool, and not even close to done with the aesthetic part. So when I am done with it, I will probably have to shut it down until my stores deplete :P The good thing is, I'm building the actual skin out of wool mainly, and also use wool for scaffolding, so I have a ready supply of building blocks very close :P

EDIT: Your reply made me see this build as a thing with a giant phallus that ejaculates wool in my base. Thanks :P
War..
War never changes.

chai

Post by chai »

That truly is a beautiful monstrosity you've built. I actually laughed out loud at the reveal that the whole thing was the most complex wool farm ever devised.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Dat phallus :B
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

chai wrote:That truly is a beautiful monstrosity you've built. I actually laughed out loud at the reveal that the whole thing was the most complex wool farm ever devised.
It still is half finished and I'm extremely burned out atm. Oh, and it was originally going to be even more complex. I wanted extra tubes for wool collection feeding into the main one, in order to minimise trips back and forth. Also wanted remote control of the on/off switches from inside my main base, as well as the control room inside the actual farm. I also want a boat elevator, so you can seamlessly get in and out of the farm while travelling on boat.

The last feature will probably make it, but the first two will have to be cut from the final version due to space concerns.

For giggles, here's an isometric map of the main part of this world
Spoiler
Show
Click image for full resolution
And here is the world when I first started it
Spoiler
Show
Click image for full resolution
On the full resolution map you can see 2 red lines protruding from the wool farm. Yup, these are lense beams :] Also you can see, only a tiny bit of land left to dig out in my perimeter on the top left corner, and then it will be all water but for the island and the tree farm. (I'm considering moving it to an actual building on struts like the wool farm though)

After that is done, the last remaining monstrous project would be to build the actual walls around everything. In the style of the tiny bit of visible wall to the north

Then I want to build an artificial mushroom biome to the south (I definitely have more than enough mycelium to cover a huge area, hehe).

Fun fact: The area inside the perimeter is beta 1.7 terrain

Oh, and in case you were wondering why it looks so undeveloped, everything is underground, of course!
In the rare chance you notice all the crosses lying around in the water and elsewhere, these are ladders down to dungeon spawners ;]
War..
War never changes.