Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
dawnraider

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by dawnraider »

What did you use to get those maps?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

dawnraider wrote:What did you use to get those maps?
mcmap, but it hasn't been updated in years.

Try here http://wrim.pl/mcmap/
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

You know what you need? An unnecessarily massive resource inefficient vine farm. 88 saws. 108 gear boxes. I realize after building it I should have switched the glass with the stone since you can't really see the water flows from the side. I suppose it would have a good view from the bottom...but I'd have to dig this pit all the way to bedrock to get far enough away to get a good view.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by SterlingRed on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

That looks deliciously overkill, I approve :P

For comparison, my vine farm has only 8 saws and I have 3-4 doublechests of vine sitting there.
War..
War never changes.

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:That looks deliciously overkill, I approve :P

For comparison, my vine farm has only 8 saws and I have 3-4 doublechests of vine sitting there.
I'm working on a mob farm at the intersection of swamp and jungle in an attempt to process all over world hostile mobs in one grinder. Lots of vine traps needed. My first vine farm was just a wall of saws but it was inefficient since the vines would get stuck on the edges of the blocks below them sometimes. I figured if I staggered the saws I wouldn't have that problem and then that overkill kinda happened...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

After about 5 months in this world I finally have gotten it to the point of being able to show it off. I haven't reached steel yet, but I've heavily developed in that direction. http://imgur.com/a/e7nBN#0
Get the Deco Addon here!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Do you span the game across multiple screens, or is your field of vision just setup like that?
Fantastic builds though! :)

/edit
The more I look at it, the more natural it seems to become. I'm confused now :P.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Quake pro?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

It's quake pro FOV on a 21:9 ultrawide QHD monitor. I guess it never occurred to me that that'd be awkward to see. But after while it's actually really nice, especially on such a big monitor (mine's 34") so it basically fills your peripheral vision.
Get the Deco Addon here!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Quake pro makes me instantly nauseous :P
War..
War never changes.

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Quake pro makes me instantly nauseous :P
It just confuses the hell out of me, I hate it. I also hate widescreens, so those screenshots are basically my worst nightmare.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I reshot the screenshots at normal FOV here: http://imgur.com/a/T1ybb#0

Not much I can do about the aspect ratio.
Get the Deco Addon here!
woggy

Post by woggy »

dawnraider wrote:I reshot the screenshots at normal FOV here: http://imgur.com/a/T1ybb#0

Not much I can do about the aspect ratio.
That is stunningly gorgeous. Wow. Giving me something to shoot for, you are. :)
ion

Post by ion »

glad to see a conquest user, should i restart playing BTW
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

While this technically isn't really a 'build', per-se, I nevertheless am quite pleased with how it turned out:
Spoiler
Show
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Cement over the nether? Be careful, ghasts can spawn on any material, includig stone. Nether groth is more useful to remove nether spawn.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Niyu wrote:Cement over the nether? Be careful, ghasts can spawn on any material, includig stone. Nether groth is more useful to remove nether spawn.
Pre groth though it is the most time efficient way of at least controlling pigmen spawns. Good for an early gold farm.
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

Niyu wrote:Cement over the nether? Be careful, ghasts can spawn on any material, includig stone. Nether groth is more useful to remove nether spawn.
Mistakes were made. I now have so many ghast spawns that it's starting to tank my computer's performance. D:

And I love using cement, too, it's just so satisfying to watch the nether slowly become a barren wasteland of solidified grey goop...

BTW, I actually do have groth, I was using cement because I assumed it would also affect ghast spawns, and I find it more enjoyable to pour cement everywhere then to just AFK while the groth does it's work, occasionally popping your head out to make sure there are no pockets it can't reach...

EDIT: Ghasts use a separate spawn cap in BTW, right?

EDIT2: I have decided that, as impressive as a paved-over nether looks, project parking lot has been a failure, due to the ghast problem it has caused, and I will now be restarting my mob farm at a new nether fortress. This time, with groth. And blackjack. And hookers.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

abculatter_2 wrote:I will now be restarting my mob farm at a new nether fortress. This time, with groth. And blackjack. And hookers.
In fact, forget the mob farm. And maybe the groth.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

An update on my world:

Because I needed so much sugar to maintain my kibble production for wolves, I needed to build a much larger sugar cane farm than I had.
Sugar cane farm:
Spoiler
Show
Inside:
Spoiler
Show
Cactus Farm. Highly inefficient, but hey, it works, and it looks good:
Spoiler
Show
Inside. The glowstone breaks the cactus when it grows, dropping into water channels that run beneath the whole farm:
Spoiler
Show
I kept having problems with ghasts shooting at me in the nether (although that really isn't surprising), so I decided, hey, let's grow a bunch of blood wood to block line of sight. While it worked, it did create this monstrosity, which is about half of the full extent:
Spoiler
Show
Get the Deco Addon here!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

dawnraider wrote: Inside. The glowstone breaks the cactus when it grows, dropping into water channels that run beneath the whole farm:
Spoiler
Show
Fences work as well in place of the glowstone and are probably slightly more efficient(due to not blocking the way for cactus to fall). hope that bit of info helps.
dawnraider wrote: I kept having problems with ghasts shooting at me in the nether (although that really isn't surprising), so I decided, hey, let's grow a bunch of blood wood to block line of sight. While it worked, it did create this monstrosity, which is about half of the full extent:
Spoiler
Show
Time to re-enlighten myself on how to make bloodwoods. Thanks for the idea.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

dawnraider wrote:An update on my world:
I kept having problems with ghasts shooting at me in the nether (although that really isn't surprising), so I decided, hey, let's grow a bunch of blood wood to block line of sight. While it worked, it did create this monstrosity, which is about half of the full extent:
Spoiler
Show
Do you not get any performance issues with that? My last world we had a bloodwood tree that went out of control and the performance went through the floor for everyone, so much so that I had to delete the Nether and start fresh. Now on my server I have had to put a rule against none contained bloodwood trees!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mesh wrote: Do you not get any performance issues with that? My last world we had a bloodwood tree that went out of control and the performance went through the floor for everyone, so much so that I had to delete the Nether and start fresh. Now on my server I have had to put a rule against none contained bloodwood trees!
Bloodwood has been around for a very long time now man, and the above is the first I've heard of any performance issues with it.
Equitis1024

Post by Equitis1024 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Mesh wrote: Do you not get any performance issues with that? My last world we had a bloodwood tree that went out of control and the performance went through the floor for everyone, so much so that I had to delete the Nether and start fresh. Now on my server I have had to put a rule against none contained bloodwood trees!
Bloodwood has been around for a very long time now man, and the above is the first I've heard of any performance issues with it.
I remember once there was some discussion about the sounds associated with Bloodwood perhaps causing a bandwidth issue in SMP. But it looks like that was something you addressed way back in Version 4.12.

Anyway, thanks Dawnraider for reminding me that Bloodwood is great for blocking ghast line of sight. I am going to have to make use of that in my new world! I always seem to just think of Bloodwood in terms of end-game tree farms.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

FlowerChild wrote:
Might be the large amount of fires that inevitably result from a large tree contacting lava or fire.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.