Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by ion »

also wheat is the only crop that would stay on if also apply bonemeal to the tiled earth. to other crops just pop up with it. thus wheat grows faster and every crop can grow without hydrated soil just very slow.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I figured that the fields were done with planters? They do look sweet :)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

DaveYanakov wrote:How is everyone managing such massive wheat fields without water sources?
I had used planters and used CTM to make them appear as tilled soil when connected as a large body.
Rob wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, and I could be, wheat will grow without water, just very slowly. I know that is the case in vanilla and I'd assume FC didn't change it, given Ion's pictures.
I actually had no idea. I assumed no water, no wheat. I dredged up a swamp for my wheat field :P
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Rain hydrates soil so it's probably only growing during the times when it's hydrated after rain. One could test it by setting up a field in a desert biome.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
ion

Post by ion »

milkmandan wrote:Rain hydrates soil so it's probably only growing during the times when it's hydrated after rain. One could test it by setting up a field in a desert biome.
probably! it's better for you to post pics here
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

No, it does actually grow when it is unhydrated. I have had plants indoors without water that grow fully, just MUCH more slowly. But this is getting offtopic.

That village looks awesome, ion! I wish I could build better medieval style buildings with irregular shapes, and make more cohesive villages. My buildings always seem like very distinct entities, while yours flow together very nicely.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

@dawnraider thanks. just stick with a palette of blocks for your village and try to break the bigger plain roofs or walls with sublocks or other materials. also always make some 3D builds and not a plain wall.

my latest bakery and i'm really happy about it as i made my first no loss kiln without any fancy detector blocks that eat FPS.
Spoiler
Show
outside
see the use of sublocks as doors to the barn and the trapdoor as shutters
inside the barn i have two cows for milk. enough for some cake now and then
inside the first floor
ImageImage
upper level and a storage chamber under the roof above the bedroom
ImageImageImageImage
Mud

Post by Mud »

The bakery is brilliant! I especially enjoyed the used of sidings & corners to create the appearance of an open gate.
haschischtasche

Post by haschischtasche »

My 3x4x4 auto-turntable.
I thought it was small, but Rathan just showed me a design that is about the same size and uses less blocks. It has annoying piston sounds though. ;)
Spoiler
Show
Terzake

Post by Terzake »

Let me share my turntable! It's technically 3x4x4, but only if you count the glass block in front of the thing that sometimes stops a clayball from flying over the hopper. It uses a piston but only once per cycle and in my opinion the bubby blocks ticks are more annoying anyway :). It's lossless aside from one clayball that gets stuck in the clay block(but appears to be on top of the machine) when you stop the machine.
Spoiler
Show
The way to stop this machine is to power the gearbox attached to the turntable, stopping the machine mid-cycle. With some redstone on the bottom of the machine I can better control the machine.
Spoiler
Show
The button makes the machine do one cycle. Flipping the lever will make the machine run until its turned off but it will always finish its cycle.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

Spoiler
Show

Finally completed my first permanent home in my new world... I went a little overboard and burned through a lot of resources, but I think the result was worth it! I wanted something nice and well out of reach from any mobs! :)
ion

Post by ion »

@Chomamonka looks very nice, but may see a future issue here. looking at the pics the mobs would be able to spawn on the roof.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

ion wrote:@Chomamonka looks very nice, but may see a future issue here. looking at the pics the mobs would be able to spawn on the roof.
Good call! I'll be sure to slab/stair it up next chance I get before I take a creeper to the head haha
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

WOW really nice early home design! It is very multipurpose by the looks of it and a little like a fort. I usually just build a two high wall and put down torches... but this looks much better than that
pommes

Post by pommes »

recently started a new world and have built my first home and a fledgling farm. I'm about to go looking for the other crops before I advance further in the tech tree
Spoiler
Show
ion

Post by ion »

@pommes it's very nice keep it up.
some from me. nothing big yet just some terraforming
Spoiler
Show
bordering my cold biome to a exswamp biome i've made this thing. was mostly build to learn some things about walls and towers.
my ex big swamp biome. chopped all the trees apart for very few near water and planted spruce. looks good. in the background is my witch hunters castle
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Very cute, Ion! The flag is a great detail. How did you make the fence only attach at those two points?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Looks like he used slabs on the top and bottom. Those both look great, ion and pommes!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Hey Ion... what block did you use for those shutters on that cool castle? cheers
ion

Post by ion »

trapdoor biome specific texture
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

A brand new world since the HC darkness changes and I am trying to build better for the first time.

The world is still short of ender eyes. I started building close to spawn around some farmer prisoners friends that I captured saved.

Working on a mini grinder before I setout for the uber villages. I have been keeping the stumps like we all talked about and it is great!

http://imgur.com/a/KUVQX
Mud

Post by Mud »

The recent changes to HCwolves cost me my pre-cauldron settlement in my most recent world, and I wanted a chance to experience HChoofsies in early-game, so I've begun planning out my first house in my next world.

It's based on a viking pithouse and utilizes some of the design elements I've been building with lately.
Spoiler
Show
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

I like it! you've fit so much in such a small space :)... I think I will use a similar design next time I hardcore spawn... just did the other day... lol
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Mud wrote:It's based on a viking pithouse and utilizes some of the design elements I've been building with lately.
Wow, that is cool.. I've never seen those before. I just looked them up. They look pretty cool... But, maybe you can tell me, because I couldn't find out... Wouldn't they flood pretty easily when it rains?
[/offtopic]
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I won't pretend to know much about the functionality of the real-world variation... but I do know that having the roof slope down to the ground and having the main living area underground makes them cozy for cold, windy climates.

In the context of Minecraft; having the actual living quarters below ground-level is really nice as it allows you to expand the interior space without it effecting the appearance of the exterior too dramatically.