Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Aetherius

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Aetherius »

Yes Caevin, I had problems with squids and jungle spiders, which managed to kill some of my chickens (jungle siders, not squids :P). Now i've put them in a bunker (in the jungle xD) and I have 16 of them. This is only a temporary house. In my previous play (2013) I built a base under the ocean, reachable using an elevator. Now I want to do something different, but I still don't have an idea..

Also, I've found that my seed seems to be buggy. I visited 15 villages, far far away from the spawn point, and none of them has potatoes, carrots or wheat.
I used also an app, AMIDST, only to test my map, but none of the villages I visited was complete. Strange, because I created also a new map and there I found villages with vegetables.
Any tips?
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! I'll invent a combustible lemon to burn your house down!
Aetherius

Post by Aetherius »

Gilberreke wrote:
dawnraider wrote:Rather a bold move building your base that near to a jungle and the ocean XD. Out of curiosity why do you have the lightblocks if the hemp is outdoors? They grow just fine in sunlight.
Well, with the lights, they also grow at night, aka double as fast.
Yup, I verified it.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! I'll invent a combustible lemon to burn your house down!
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Aetherius wrote:Also, I've found that my seed seems to be buggy. I visited 15 villages, far far away from the spawn point, and none of them has potatoes, carrots or wheat.
I've never heard of a seed being "buggy" in terms of something as specific as not spawning food. Seems too much of a coincidence considering that is an actual feature of the mod. Go out further :)
Aetherius

Post by Aetherius »

Mesh wrote:
Aetherius wrote:Also, I've found that my seed seems to be buggy. I visited 15 villages, far far away from the spawn point, and none of them has potatoes, carrots or wheat.
I've never heard of a seed being "buggy" in terms of something as specific as not spawning food. Seems too much of a coincidence considering that is an actual feature of the mod. Go out further :)
Ok then. I'll check it out.

However, here there are some of the chickens
Spoiler
Show
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah villages only spawn with food in the thousands of blocks away from spawn so just keep going out. And that's actually really handy to know about hemp, I thought it grew at night also.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

On the villages troubles. My advice is that you use the nether as a mean to travel faster. you'll reach the villages easier.
Aetherius

Post by Aetherius »

Niyu wrote:On the villages troubles. My advice is that you use the nether as a mean to travel faster. you'll reach the villages easier.
I don't remember. How many blocks in the overworld is one in the nether? In various guides I found online they say 4-8-10 so it's not very precise lol
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Aetherius wrote:I don't remember. How many blocks in the overworld is one in the nether? In various guides I found online they say 4-8-10 so it's not very precise lol
It's 8 :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Charley_P

Post by Charley_P »

Hello Guys

Myself and and another User Vioki are planning a trailer for Better Than Wolves. In the trailer we will briefly be mentioning great BTW builds that are possible.
We would like to showcase ones from the community. If you would be up for letting us have access to some of your worlds, via saves (for recording purposes) or what not please let me know. We didn't want to just show case our own and feel this is a perfect opportunity to help bring new people to the mod with the help of the already existing community! Thank you :D
"See! We're well thought out and philosophical... lets go kill stuff and eat it!"
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Charley_P wrote:Hello Guys
If you would be up for letting us have access to some of your worlds, via saves (for recording purposes) or what not please let me know
I left a little something in your PM inbox.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Charley_P wrote:Hello Guys

Myself and and another User Vioki are planning a trailer for Better Than Wolves. In the trailer we will briefly be mentioning great BTW builds that are possible.
We would like to showcase ones from the community. If you would be up for letting us have access to some of your worlds, via saves (for recording purposes) or what not please let me know. We didn't want to just show case our own and feel this is a perfect opportunity to help bring new people to the mod with the help of the already existing community! Thank you :D

I think it would be nice to showcase some of the texture packs as well.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

I PM'd you a link to some screenshots of my town from season 2 of my playthrough. Let me know if it's something you can use, I'll put the world up for you
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

Not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if it is then i think i just designed a super compact quad-kiln with a single crucible, all stoked of course.
Spoiler
Show
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Ancilangeli wrote:Not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if it is then i think i just designed a super compact quad-kiln with a single crucible, all stoked of course.
I would think this is intentional. You can take away the top layer of clay bricks, a kiln only needs floor+3 blocks. That is unless you really like crawling into that fiery tube of hell :)
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

mc_dunedin wrote: You can take away the top layer of clay bricks, a kiln only needs floor+3 blocks. That is unless you really like crawling into that fiery tube of hell :)
I thought it needed a block above the "kiln hole" (the spot you place the thing to be cooked)? At any rate i actually do like making steve sweat. That's what he gets for being so afraid of the dark.
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Ancilangeli wrote:I thought it needed a block above the "kiln hole" (the spot you place the thing to be cooked)? At any rate i actually do like making steve sweat. That's what he gets for being so afraid of the dark.
The exact mechanic is that the item you're cooking needs to be immediately next to 3 bricks, the bottom one should be stoked. So yeah, you can lose almost all of those bricks if you want to.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

Thanks Gil. After reading that i figured it needed more testing... And found making charcoal to be quite lethal.
Spoiler
Show

Rob

Post by Rob »

I made a thing, sure it's creative, but look at it. LOOK AT IT! :P
Spoiler
Show
This may, or may not, be the subject of a build tutorial in the future.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

:D Love it arro. You should put a lil pot on the end of that there smoke pipe ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Rob

Post by Rob »

Another thing. This time a warehouse. :D
Spoiler
Show
@Magikeh You can't make me. :P
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

We revisited a request from DiamondArms for our channel, to make a garden around the pond near our house.
At first it sucked, now I think it sucks a little less.
Spoiler
Show
Rob

Post by Rob »

Another house type. This one has a built in pumpkin greenhouse, and is the answer to my desire to build a house that is slightly underground.
Spoiler
Show
Lenburg1

Post by Lenburg1 »

Just Finished my mixer for whats going to be my auto kibble factory. It mixes the ingredients in the right proportions when activated. Now I just have to finish it off by assembling the stewing pots. I wish the redstone wasn't so stuffed in their and sloppy but it wasn't worth shifting everything over to make it fit. However it does fit within a single chunk so I'm at least happy about that. Over it was a fun build.
Spoiler
Show
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I've been playing again.....quite a lot. ;)

I'll probably post more detailed pictures of my various factories later.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
We managed to pull villagers all the way to our main base
Spoiler
Show
Shot of me building my first windmill in this world.
Spoiler
Show
razar51

Post by razar51 »

A ton of pictures of some builds i've done over the years but have been too lazy to make videos for. Some of which I have on my prototyping world:

Mob Trap Decoration:
Spoiler
Show
Mob Trap Loot Room:
Spoiler
Show
Sand Island Base (above ground portion):
Spoiler
Show
Infernal Enchanter:
Spoiler
Show
Basic Grinder:
Spoiler
Show
Miniature Auto-Saw:
Spoiler
Show
8 Saw | 32 Vine Auto Vine Farm:
Spoiler
Show
Auto Pottery Front facing (wiring too messy for screenshots):
Spoiler
Show
Messy Gearboxes (4 Grinders + Auto Pottery + auto Kiln + 8 way item splitter + auto bottler):
Spoiler
Show
Simple Autokiln:
Spoiler
Show

Auto Soul Urn Bottler:
Spoiler
Show

4-Way Item Splitter:
Spoiler
Show
The Cow Cooker:
Spoiler
Show

Wheat goes in....

Babies come out...

Adults get Cooked!
Somewhat boring elevator concept:
Spoiler
Show
Prototype Ghast Drowning Device / Squid Farm:
Spoiler
Show
Best used underground.(I messed up and made it even sided and used 4x as many pistons as I needed to)