Old Forum Rules (Deprecated)

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Old Forum Rules (Deprecated)

Post by FlowerChild »

NOTE: These no longer apply. Please consult the newer thread for current forum rules.

This forum has some very simple rules:

1) Don't be an idiot.
2) Don't be a troll.
3) Don't piss me (FlowerChild) off.
4) NO POLITICS ALLOWED.
5) If this is your first night on the BTW forums, you have to post.

However, I will not hesitate to ban anyone that can't follow these simple rules.

Some additional little tid-bits that I'd prefer people avoid here. I won't go so far as to call them rules, but they go a long way in avoiding violating rule number 3 above:

1) Thread titles that include my name. I'd much prefer if you state what your thread is about in a clear manner in the thread title, and let me decide if it is something I need to personally address or not. Please do not try to emphasize your thread or issue by specifically addressing a whole thread to me.

2) Avoid overly broad thread titles. If a user has a particular problem, they should create a specific topic to address it. Creating broad topics to encapsulate a wide range of subjects like "General Help" will just lead to unmanageable threads, If the community gets large enough to necessitate it, I'll create SubForums to handle such broad topics, but I'd prefer that for the moment we keep topics small and manageable so that their overall content can be surmised from the subject-line.

3) Don't be annoying with your sigs or avatar. This is very subjective, but if your every post is an eye sore due to all the tinsel you've hung from your account, you're likely already on your way to a rule #3 violation.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: FORUM RULES (Read These Before Posting)

Post by FlowerChild »

New addendum to rule #1:

Posts discussing the personal information of others will be deleted and the offending posters immediately banned.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just a reminder:

Asking about when the mod will be updated to a new version of Minecraft is a bannable offense under rule number 3.

I put up with enough of that crap on MCF. I won't tolerate it here when I don't have to.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<gasp>

Just added rule #5:

5) If this is your first night on the BTW forums, you have to post.

Yeah, I think a lot about rules before adding them.

The short version:

Trolls like to create temp accounts just to post a single inflammatory post, or to reserve temp accounts for such purposes later. Given this forum is publicly visible, unless you intend to post, you have no reason to create an account, thus you will be assumed to be a troll within 24 hours if you have not posted with a new account, and you will be banned.

People that create accounts and post some random nonsense to bypass rule #5 will of course be banned under rule #1.