Click Bait Addon

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
yany

Click Bait Addon

Post by yany »

Download
Source

This addon gives you the ability to put bait on your fishing rods without opening the crafting GUI. To do so, right click with an unbaited fishing rod in your hand while you have bait items (like rotten flesh) on your hotbar. The crafting recipes for baiting are still available, in case you wish to temporarily inconvenience yourself without uninstalling the addon.

Credit to Dawnraider for the idea.

Install by placing class file into jar.

Server side only install seems to work, but bait items in the client inventories don't get synchronized before they are touched. Installing on clients is recommended.

Let me know if you have any issues/feedback. I haven't touched Minecraft's code in any meaningful way before, and I'm not 100% sure I did everything the way I was supposed to.

The Click Bait Addon is available under the CC0 1.0 license.
Last edited by yany on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Click Bait Addon

Post by FlowerChild »

Anyone willing to vouch for yany here? New unknown members posting code makes me very nervous.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Wouldn't call it a full "vouch" but I can confirm that Yany has been on Vioki's discord since 2018. Not super active (similar to me) but seems mostly like a positive community member there.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I can confirm that as well. And the couple people over on discord who tried it before yany posted here seemed to have a positive experience with it.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
yany

Post by yany »

Thank you both for vouching for me.

On a second thought, I completely understand the nerves. I'm absolutely willing to upload my source code if the added transparency would help with that. Main reason I didn't do that in the first place was that I wasn't sure about Mojang's stance on publishing source code for base class edits, but other people seem to be getting away with it.
Mild spoilers ahead!
Show
Reading the source code would also spoil a fairly inconsequential fishing related easter egg/secret from BTW that people don't seem to have discovered yet.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I don't know yany well, but I did try the mod before it was posted here and it worked as intended. Thanks yany!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nothing personal at all yany. I am extremely cautious about running other people's code and get nervous when anyone I don't know distributes through the mod channels. Glad to hear others here know you and are confident in it :)
yany

Post by yany »

The Click Bait Addon is now open source, and available under the CC0 1.0 license! I have edited the OP to reflect that, and to point to the community github repository for downloads. I will soon do the same for the Boat Mapping Addon too.