Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsup~1]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
jecowa

Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsup~1]

Post by jecowa »

=== Texture Pack Download: ===

Latest Version - Faithful 32x for BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?! download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qx59ino83bdwb9b
Old Version downloads
Show
Old Version - for BTW 4.82 on MC 1.5.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?twfhtgzt9yt28sa
Old Version - for BTW 4.65b on MC 1.4.7 and earlier - http://www.mediafire.com/?hy9qb6e5dl59k8h
Please let me know if something looks bad or off.

=== Installation: ===
  • Step 1: Navigate to your ".minecraft" or "minecraft" folder and open it.
  • Step 2: Open the folder labeled "texturepacks" and place the Vattic 32x texture pack zip file in there.
  • Step 3: Go into your Minecraft world, press the "esc" key on your keyboard, click "Options...", click "Texture Packs", click the texture pack you want, and click "Done".
How to get to your Minecraft folder.
Spoiler
Show
Microsoft Windows:
  • Click Start → Run. If you don't see "Run" try holding down your "Windows" key and press the R key.
  • Type %appdata% (case doesn't matter but be sure to include the % markers) and click "OK".
  • Open the .minecraft folder.
Mac OS X:
  • Hold down both the "Command" key and "Shift" key at the same time, and while still holding them down, press the "G" key.
    (The "Command" key is located immediately next to the space bar on either side.)
  • Type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft into the window that pops up and click "Go".
Linux:
  • It's in your user folder.
=== Change log: ===

version 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!
  • added textures for the experienced villagers
  • added texture for the jungle spider
  • added "nothing to worry about" texture for the wolves
  • added cooked and raw liver item icons
  • added growth progression textures for all the saplings (except Blood Wood which doesn't need it)
  • added vessel of the dragon (side) texture
  • added saw blade animation textures
  • took cooked and raw scrambled eggs textures back out of the bowl
  • added mushrooms to mushroom omelet icons to better distinguish them from scrambled eggs
  • fixed white and black candle colors (I had them reversed before.)
    ------
  • added these textures from Sockthing:
    • Depressed Creeper texture
    • vessel of the dragon (top and bottom) textures
    • textures for recent cauldron and crucible changes
    • uncooked pumpkin pie texture
    • chocolate milk item icon
    • chocolate bar item icon
    • cocoa powder item icon
    • enderslag item icon
    • iron and steel nugget item icons
    • uncooked cake, cookies, and pumpkin pie item icons
    • soulsand pile item icon
    • redstone latch item icon
    • soul flux item icon
    • wool (ball of yarn thing) item icon
    ------
  • added these textures from Yhetti
    • new textures for recent hopper changes
change log, continued
Show
version 4.82.t3
  • added unfaithful blood bark item icon
  • fixed texture layering problem
version 4.82.t2
  • added unfaithful bark item icons
version 4.82.t1
  • added bark item icons
version 4.82
  • added new textures for compatibility with BTW 4.82
version 4.80.t1
  • updated Vattic's random CTM ores for compatibility with BTW 4.80
  • added random ores textures for the additional two strata
  • added lapis ore random textures
version 4.80
  • added strata stone block texture
  • added strata ore textures
  • added golden dung item
  • temporarily removed ctm random ores
version 4.71:
  • added new baited fishing line icon
  • added bat wing icon
  • added cut scoured leather icon
  • added icons for piles of dirt, sand, and gravel
version 4.70:
  • updated gimp suite
  • added tanned leather armor, padded armor, and wool armor textures and item icons
  • added diamond ingot item icon
  • added cut leather item icon
  • added cut tanned leather item icon
version 4.69:
  • Merged with master version to add all the new & updated textures that Vattic released last week, which include Bookshelves, black cat, cave spider, saddle, achievement GUI.
  • Copied Connected-Texture Module support from the main pack.
  • Re-added 32x32 cats (Took Vattic's new black cat and stuck my own mouth on it. Then applied Vattic's new cat eyes to all my old cat textures).
  • Aligned the udder in the texture for the mooshroom.
version 4.67.t1:
  • fixed axles so animation visually wraps around sides.*
  • changed saw blade texture to be a little more faithful to the original.
*This is a temporary solution. Although the axle animation now wraps properly, it comes with the cost of the axle texture looking a little more repetitious. FlowerChild is working on his own solution to the axle texture wrapping which will likely fix this problem.

version 4.67:
  • switched axle-rotational direction so that axles rotate the same direction as with default textures and the same direction as windmills and vertical windmills.
  • partially fixed graphical problem with texture not "wrapping" properly around a rotating axle. (See bug below.)
  • darkened quartz item to look a little more like that of default.
Bug: Axle animation only wraps correctly when viewed from two of the four angles. I think I know the problem, though, and will fix it tomorrow when I have time.

version 4.66b:
  • animated texture fix
version 4.66:
  • updated for BTW 4.66 and Minecraft release 1.5.1
version 4.65:
  • update for BTW 4.65
version 4.64:
  • changed gunpowder block to read "xxx" as it does in the default textures
  • changed minor color detailing on iron nugget
  • changed light block to be similar to yet more easily distinguishable from the gold block
version 4.62.t2:
  • removed pink pixels from Kibble (Thanks to Gainspipr for pointing this out.)
  • fixed texture problem on the handcrank (it was a pixel too short)
  • improved coloring on iron nugget to be more faithful (and less bland)
  • softened detailing on wolf dinner
version 4.62.t1:
  • Removed some out-of-place texture crap that I accidentally left on top of the powder keg and whatever block that is below it.
version 4.62:
  • added lots of blocks that have been added since BTW 4.41 (I have no idea what they are called.)
  • added hardcore hunger food item icons
  • added cow udder
  • updated spectacle HUD effect
  • updated and aligned Vattic's chain mail textures
  • aligned Vattic's cow texture
=== Texture pack credit info: ===

Thanks to Vattic for all the hard work drawing redrawing vanilla textures at 32x32 and making the Faithful 32x texture pack!
Show your support to Vattic at the Faithful 32x thread on the Minecraft Forums

Thanks to Battosay for making and providing the higher-resolution BTW painting art.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to BTW support for Vattic's Faithful 32x in the past:
  • Blueblade11
  • celticguy08
  • Crawfish
  • JugneS
  • Mx9
  • Sockthing
  • Yhetti
Thanks to Notch and FlowerChild for creating the original textures upon which this texture pack is based.
Last edited by jecowa on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:27 am, edited 27 times in total.
xou816

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x [BTW 4.62][Texture Pack]

Post by xou816 »

A thousand thanks to you, man! This is by far my favorite texture pack. Will definitely try it out when I'm home!
DeltaJockey

Post by DeltaJockey »

Thanks for this TP dude, and it looks amazing. The wolf dinner looks like it has a face though.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

DeltaJockey wrote:Thanks for this TP dude, and it looks amazing. The wolf dinner looks like it has a face though.
The guilt from killing your dog must be driving you crazy. You're hallucinating, man.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Wow, tryied it out and you've done a great job! Glad to be able to play with that pack again :)
By the way, you should post it on the topic on MCF, if you wish! Vattic would be happy
jecowa

Is the Companion Cube too sad?

Post by jecowa »

With default textures my Companion Cube has a derpy, almost happy face, but with the Vattic texture pack, my Companion Cube looks so very sad. Does anyone else feel this way?

Companion Cube should not be sad to be cubed!

Here is a proposed new texture to solve the problem:
Spoiler
Show
Tell me how you feel. Is this acceptable? It's okay if you think it's terrible, just let me know.
Last edited by jecowa on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
xou816

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.62]

Post by xou816 »

I think yours is more "faithful" to the original. I do get this "derp" feel as you say, and it seems to be closer to the original than Vattic's. However, I'm no texture artist, but the edges of the nose on your Companion Cube look a bit "blurred". Vattic's one really feels familiar and close to a regular wolf as well. But I like your derpy wolf, although I'm not sure that they should feel happy to be cubed :)
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.62]

Post by jecowa »

You're right; it looks better with sharper edges on the snout.
xou816

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.64]

Post by xou816 »

Thank you for the update! :)
BlackCat

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.64]

Post by BlackCat »

Awesome, totally love it! :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
xou816

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.65]

Post by xou816 »

Thank you for the 4.65 update!
KittenToaster

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.65]

Post by KittenToaster »

Whole pack looks pretty clean after about 8 hours of "use" and seems to retain the blocky feel of how Minecraft should look (IMO)
jecowa wrote:Faithful 32x for BTW 4.65 - Please let me know if something looks bad or off.
There is some tile repetition in large flat areas of stone that looks "unnatural" but not really a major concern.

Texture pack gets a 90% rating and you get 25% for posting an honest changelog, so thats 115% then. ;P

Thanks for putting this together!
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.66b]

Post by jecowa »

Better Than Wolves 4.66 & Minecraft 1.5.1 made major changes to the texture system, so this texture pack update has a greater-than-normal chance of containing errors. (I just fixed one of them.) Please let me know if you see anything that looks messed up.
KittenToaster wrote:There is some tile repetition in large flat areas of stone that looks "unnatural" but not really a major concern.
I'll look into it when I get home. I've heard low-pass filters can help with this problem.
xou816 wrote:Thank you for the 4.65 update!
You're welcome. I enjoy doing it.
wirer

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.66b]

Post by wirer »

Why have I not discovered this pack until now?

I can get my hi-def fix while making sure that my builds don't look like crap in default!
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.67]

Post by jecowa »

Just fixed the axle texture so its animation appears to wrap around the sides of the axle. This is hopefully just a temporary solution, though, as it's maybe a little hacky and causes another visual problem. But I believe FlowerChild is working to fix the axle animation the right way, so hopefully we'll have it soon.

Also added a new saw blade texture. Here's some comparisons of the saw blades. Maybe it's not perfect, but it's better than before, in my opinion. I'll might mess with it more later.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

A bit late to the party, but well, thank you for your work!
mazer246

Post by mazer246 »

Nice, clean, and an easy transition from the default. I like. Thanks for your work adding in the BTW support.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
~Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.69]

Post by jecowa »

Fixed Connected-Texture Module (CTM) support (my bad). Added new 32x versions of all the cats.

Note: If you hate Connected Textures and want to remove them, you can either uncheck the "Connected Textures" checkbox in MCPatcher and re-patch, or you can delete the "CTM" folder from inside the "Faithful32_BTW4.69.zip" file.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

I don't think I've ever really played with connected textures much before. I've been examining the connected textures to see how I feel about them.
  • brewing stands - love it. Makes large potion labs look awesome! :D
  • cakes - meh. I'm not sure how I feel about the three new cakes. The one with large colorful sprinkles is nice, though.
  • crafting tables - love it. They all look different but still like the original. Makes it look to have two next to each other.
  • glass - I feel connected glass is the spokes person of CTM. I suppose I like it.
  • grass - love it. It may not look much different, but it makes the leaves look less tiled.
  • ladders - bleh. I'm not a fan of the crooked ladder steps. The break in the steps is right in the center of the screen when climbing the ladder.
  • leaves - love it for the same reasons as the grass.
  • lilly pads - love it. The randomized orientation makes the lilly pads look much more natural.
  • logs - love it. It's nice to have the rings inside the trunk colored appropriately.
  • monster spawners - bleh. These blocks are almost never going to naturally be right next to each other. Did they really need random textures? One of the new textures for it looks great, but the other two are bleh.
  • mushrooms (brown) - bleh. It pretty much just adds smaller versions of the normal mushroom, and it makes them look like they are dropped items instead of placed blocks.
  • mushrooms (red) - love it. Variety is good. Looks more natural.
  • ores (gold, iron, coal, redstone, and emerald) - love it. Took a little getting used to, but I think I like it. It kind of needs a random lapis ore and random quartz ore to complete the set.
  • pumpkins - love it. The changes will almost never be noticable within the Better Than Wolves mod, but it's makes the underside of the pumpkins look less odd.
  • vines - love it. It's a very small change, but all the little things add up.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I agree with you regarding the ladders, and it is quite the same thing with rails.
However, the spawner thing is cool. The spawners don't need to be close to each other to have their texture changed. It just gives the spawner a random texture.
Regarding the mushrooms, I don't understand your point. Red mushrooms have also a smaller version. I think both red and brown mushrooms have 4 variations, if not more (I think I've even seen mushrooms turn into a "group" of mushrooms... dunno how to explain).
Cakes... well, I don't craft them often so... But yeah, meh.
I agree with you for the rest. By the way, did you notice how wooden logs fancy connect now? It is really amazing, especially in the case of jungle trees.
Oh and also - Sugar Cane is much fancier now with CTM, IMO.
In all Vattic did a great work! Let's hope he'll finally achieve making 32x water and lava textures.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Vattic's Faithful 32x is updated for Better Than Wolves 4.7. For anyone interested, here's a detailed list of changes made to the textures to bring the texture pack to compatibility with BTW 4.7 from BTW 4.69:
boring list
Show
"BTWModTex" folder:
  • rename tanned_1.png to fcGimp_1.png
  • rename tanned_2.png to fcGimp_2.png
  • add fcPadded_1.png and fcPadded_2.png
  • add fcTanned_1.png and fcTanned_2.png
  • add fcWool_1.png, fcWool_1_b.png, fcWool_2.png, and fcWool_2_b.png
"Textures/Items" folder:
  • rename fcItemBootsLeatherTanned.png to fcItemGimpBoots.png
  • rename fcItemChestplateLeatherTanned.png to fcItemGimpChest.png
  • rename fcItemLeggingsLeatherTanned.png to fcItemGimpLeggings.png
  • rename fcItemHelmetLeatherTanned.png to fcItemGimpHelm.png
  • add fcItemIngotDiamond.png
  • add fcItemLeatherCut.png
  • add fcItemLeatherTannedCut.png
  • add fcItemPaddedBoots.png, fcItemPaddedChest.png, fcItemPaddedHelm.png, and fcItemPaddedLeggings.png
  • add fcItemTannedBoots.png, fcItemTannedChest.png, fcItemTannedHelm.png, fcItemTannedLeggings.png
  • add fcItemWoolBoots.png, fcItemWoolChest.png, fcItemWoolHelm.png, fcItemWoolHelm_overlay.png, fcItemWoolLeggings.png
"Textures/Items" folder:
  • no changes
xou816 wrote:In all Vattic did a great work! Let's hope he'll finally achieve making 32x water and lava textures.
I just looked at the water and lava. I didn't notice the water was 16x16 until now. I think it looks fine. A 32x version would be nice, though. Also, I think the lava texture might already be 32x32. Maybe he recently added it?
xou816

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.70]

Post by xou816 »

Thank you for the update!
jecowa wrote: I just looked at the water and lava. I didn't notice the water was 16x16 until now. I think it looks fine. A 32x version would be nice, though. Also, I think the lava texture might already be 32x32. Maybe he recently added it?
I don't really know as I'm no texturer at all, but it looks like the lava is 32x32... although it looks quite strange in-game.
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.80]

Post by jecowa »

It's updated for 4.8, but I still need to do CTM random ores for the new strata. So the randomized ores from the CTM features are removed for now so it doesn't look weird.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

CTM random ores are back in and now work properly in all strata. Also, randomized lapis lazuli ore textures have been added into the mix. If you don't like the new random lapis ore and want to remove it, open the texture pack's zip archive and delete the "ore lapis" (located in the "ctm" folder).
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Yay!
Great work, thanks!