Remove charcoal production from the furnace

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Remove charcoal production from the furnace

Post by Sarudak »

As said. Move charcoal production out of the furnace and leave it only in the kiln. This give coal a great deal more importance early game without taking away a renewable source of fuel and gives players more encouragement to build an auto-kiln later (or even multiple).
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Remove charcoal production from the furnace

Post by FlowerChild »

Please don't man...please :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You know what man? The more I think about this one the more I'm getting coated by a pleasant spray of manna from the front row.

I think this may have been the one in a hundred that was actually worth posting a suggestion for ;)

So, my apologies for my initial reaction to it. At present, I have so many variables going through my mind in this overall balance pass I'm doing that suggestions tend to make me convulse.

I'll leave the thread locked to avoid comments from the peanut gallery, but yeah, good one :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Sweet! Thanks for giving it some actual consideration. I know you're deep in it right now and you've been inundated with suggestion you don't want so I considered this one very carefully. I was just remembering before charcoal how excited I would get seeing a vein of coal in a cliffside at the start of the game and how I used to treasure coal cause it was the only source of light. Versus now while I'm caving and I see a vein of coal and I think "I guess I could dig that out but it takes so long to mine wouldn't it be easier to chop some trees?" Also anything that makes fuel more than an afterthought is great since fuel gathering is one of the few necessary early game activities. :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I always consider suggestions man, which is why I generally don't want them. They wind up clouding my thought process, especially at a time like this where I'm already juggling way too many concepts at once ;)

But yes, even when I "ignore" a suggestion, I don't actually ignore it :)