Here's an idea: stop posting ideas

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
tedium

Re: Here's an idea: stop posting ideas

Post by tedium »

hahaha... awww... even after stickying it you feel the need to bump it. sorry man, i swear i've stopped myself from posting several suggestions the past month or so. i'm on your side XD

so you know some good came of it, i've messed with the fermentation process and stopped an idea that was currently brewing in my head, before i even considered it's value! if it was a good one, it'll come back to me later :)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

The good ol "Departure Lounge". Perhaps the old Minecraft "Get Satisfaction" site wouldn't have been abandoned by Mojang if the Banhammer had been wielded.

"If you leave the smallest corner of your head vacant for a moment, other people's opinions will rush in from all quarters."
- George Bernard Shaw
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The idea epidemic seems to be spreading once again, so I wanted to remind people of the existence of this thread and how it still very much applies.

Your ideas suck, and as always: I don't want them.
Gears

Post by Gears »

FlowerChild wrote:The idea epidemic seems to be spreading once again, so I wanted to remind people of the existence of this thread and how it still very much applies.

Your ideas suck, and as always: I don't want them.
If you're wrapping up BTW, why the hell are they still posting ideas? I'd understand tying off loose ends, but stuff like "creeper eggs" and redstone storage blocks?
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gears wrote: If you're wrapping up BTW, why the hell are they still posting ideas? I'd understand tying off loose ends, but stuff like "creeper eggs" and redstone storage blocks?
That's just trolling man. I ignore that part.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

As per title. Perhaps let's slow it down a little and give flower some breathing room here.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:As per title. Perhaps let's slow it down a little and give flower some breathing room here.
Thanks man. I was considering posting something like this myself, as yes, it's getting a bit out of control again :)
Six

Post by Six »

The curse of putting out a really good update that has people playing the game a lot.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

The sticky seems to not be working again.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Bump once again.

As a reminder: fuck off with the ideas.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

What i Think would be an interesting thing to add to the game would be to make A block of Dung act a bit like Quicksand. You would sink into it slowly and if there happened to be 2 on top of each other or your head was entirely in a block then you would slowly suffocate. Of course this would have to be accompanied with a Witty death message that i'll leave up to others to decide. Nonetheless this would certainly lead to some sticky situations (pun intended).
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Floyper wrote:What i Think would be an interesting thing to add to the game would be to make A block of Dung act a bit like Quicksand. You would sink into it slowly and if there happened to be 2 on top of each other or your head was entirely in a block then you would slowly suffocate. Of course this would have to be accompanied with a Witty death message that i'll leave up to others to decide. Nonetheless this would certainly lead to some sticky situations (pun intended).
Way to read the thread title! Your levels of awareness and logical reasoning astound me!

And in-case the sarcasm didn't shine though; wrong place, and your idea sucks.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

Bump to remind that this topic STILL applies. Quit with the rainstorm of ban worthy "ideas" and give FC some space.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

It's sad that we need to bump a sticky.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...and bump again.

Don't want them...don't need them...fuck off with them.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Oh the butter churns that could have been! If only people could keep their ideas to themselves instead of vomiting them all over our forums!
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Yeah, I'm particularly upset about that one.

Remember kids: Every time you post a suggestion, Flower Child drops one more potentially awesome idea into the "never" bin.

And then kills a kitten.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Just a reminder....your ideas are terrible. Stop it.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Over a dozen suggestions in two weeks, half of them in the last couple days!? What the fuck is going on?

Stop posting your suggestions because they are almost always horrible. Even if you think your suggestion will be the one that gets accepted--and it won't be--at least give it a rest for a while.

Clearly the bump of this thread is nigh worthless when it needs to be bumped nearly daily.

Also, if you're new to the forums, don't post here. Period. The chances that your suggestion will a) be reasonable, b) not already be on FC's to-do list if it is good, and c) be accepted by FC even if the prior conditions are met are just way too low. So don't.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's most likely trolling guys. Freaking out over it doesn't help, and only serves to encourage it further.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

"Ode to Suggestions"

A first post appears.
Sadly, also a last post.
You will not be missed.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

*Beware*

Site Admin - FC
Posted: 21 June 2013
Yup, I've had enough. I used to issue temp bans for bad/random ideas, now I'm just going perma-ban right from the get go.

*Resist temptation people.... Please....*
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Please, guys. FC doesn't want suggestions. If it's worthwhile, he's probably already thinking about it. If it's not, he's already rejected it.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
adgamer54

Post by adgamer54 »

i posted a idea and i couldn't even see if you or anyone liked it because i got permanently banned. i didn't even posted any names or anything i just stated my idea and that was it. so i then had to make a new account through a secondary email. Probaly because i just joined because i had a idea and though people may or may not like it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

adgamer54 wrote:i posted a idea and i couldn't even see if you or anyone liked it because i got permanently banned.
...and of course you just got banned again.

I ban people, not accounts.