Here's an idea: stop posting ideas

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Here's an idea: stop posting ideas

Post by Sarudak »

Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1

I was going to say something similar earlier, but just didn't want to be bothered :)
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

My ideas may be bad, but at least I tried to make mine clear and understandable... ._.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

ok you are right... I gues thisnearly way my second bann for rule #1 inbetween one month...
but i will now move it over in its own topic...

the thing was that it´s not an idear that has to do with the mod itself... therefore i feelt free to post it.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

*push*

this needs to remain the first topic in this forum... and i´m the one who caused it to dropp down -> -> -> -> *push*
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

if you want this thread to be seen on the top, then don't post a new suggestion! Seriously, your posts and ideas are just annoying. you don't seem to be able to learn from your ban.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just whipped this up to illustrate for those who may have trouble understanding the post that started this. If you don't know the mod inside and out and how its parts work together, you're probably not someone who is posting anything but poor suggestions.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote: Just whipped this up to illustrate for those who may have trouble understanding the post that started this. If you don't know the mod inside and out and how its parts work together, you're probably not someone who is posting anything but poor suggestions.
Hehe...Venn diagram for the win :)
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

DaveYanakov wrote:Image

Just whipped this up to illustrate for those who may have trouble understanding the post that started this. If you don't know the mod inside and out and how its parts work together, you're probably not someone who is posting anything but poor suggestions.
Incidentally, it seems that those with green names most often seem to fall into the green portion of your diagram. :P Oh coincidences.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

SgtChuckle wrote: Incidentally, it seems that those with green names most often seem to fall into the green portion of your diagram. :P Oh coincidences.
That was in no way intentional. The last thing I wanted to do was send a message that posting suggestions gets you promoted to placenta.
Better is the enemy of Good
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Right. That is absolutely not the way it works.

The way it works is every one in a while when the whiskey fairy has visited the forums, the eldritch lord will point his tentacle of power in a random direction, and a new Flying Turtle (Limping Unichicken) will be born. In the morning, he is left with a new green minion, and monumental regret. So... just like regular shenenigans. ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

So your best chance of getting promoted to Flying Turtle (Pastry Chef) is to donate enough money that FC can afford to get drunk, then hope for the best?

::Edit:: Sweet, it worked!

Spoiler
Show
Disclaimer: The preceding poster was already a flying turtle. The opinions posted above are not those of the management, nor are they necessarily a good idea. No kittens were harmed in the making of this post.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

TheAnarchitect wrote:So your best chance of getting promoted to Flying Turtle (Pastry Chef) is to donate enough money that FC can afford to get drunk, then hope for the best?
You mean for higher chances, we have to buy FC good beer?

Sounds like a furry thing to do -- we buy a well-known story teller good wine in order to get even better stories.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

FlowerChild from MCF wrote:
I've locked down registration until the 1.3 update of the mod is released, to help prevent trolling/pestering, and all that fun stuff
I was wondering what had happened to all the first-post trolls.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Marasambala wrote:
I've locked down registration until the 1.3 update of the mod is released, to help prevent trolling/pestering, and all that fun stuff
I was wondering what had happened to all the first-post trolls.
So, on that note: who wants to bet it takes until September for registration to open up again?

Just for the sheer appropriateness of it.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Can we pretty please make this permanent? ;)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

BinoAl wrote:
Can we pretty please make this permanent? ;)
What? and miss out on sifting through all the trolls to find the select few that, if nurtured right, can grow to become valuable slaves err, I mean contributors to the forums.

Oh, and don't forget we will lose out on being able to claim 'growing community' on our tax returns.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Ahhh, so quiet. *listens to birds chirping* *realizes FC purged them all in his conquering*
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

CycloneSP wrote:What? and miss out on sifting through all the trolls to find the select few that, if nurtured right, can grow to become valuable slaves err, I mean contributors to the forums.
Yeah, look at how I turned out... or maybe not... am I doing well?
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Looks like I need to bump this one myself.

Again...STOP.
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

Thanks FC, I was about to do that myself. The dumb people were returning.
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
tedium

Post by tedium »

i'm so glad i didn't go through with my 'tin foil hat' suggestion =D
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

I think a large problem with the suggestions a lot of people post, is that they know BTW spends a great deal of effort maintaining suspension of disbelief, and they see FC as a champion who will fix anything, however small that jars there sense of immersion. Perhaps one of the mods greatest strengths is its own weakness?
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for explaining to me what suspension of disbelief was. Up until this point I couldn't figure it out. Also, I definitely agree.
Marasambala wrote:
Love
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

TheFlame52 wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious, for explaining to me what suspension of disbelief was.

Just doin' my job.