Moving passive mobs to the nether

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
The great randomo

Moving passive mobs to the nether

Post by The great randomo »

The nether is like a second home: you have to expand your base there, construct automated machines and mine. Many of the structures built in the overworld cannot be built in the nether. My idea is means of moving passive mobs, (other than squids) over to the nether, so that breeding farms can be made there.
One idea I came up with for doing this, was the use of a variation of mob eggs: right click on an animal with a 'soul capturer' and the cow will be sucked into it, giving another item altogether; an alternate mob egg. To make it not too overpowered, This can only be used in the nether, and with a rate of failed spawning (a number of them will not spawn the given animal).
Is this the way forward?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Moving passive mobs to the nether

Post by FlowerChild »

My goal is not to move everything in the Overworld into the Nether. My goal is to make it desirable to have bases in *both* locations with specific purposes for each.

Thus, requests to make additional aspects of the Overworld possible in the Nether are unlikely to go anywhere. In this case, farm animals in the Nether would also diminish its hellish feel.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

This feature is already in. You have to craft a sacrificial blade, then boil it a hundred times in a cauldron with a hundred pieces of soul dust on. Then, you sacrifice a baby animal, and it appears in the nether, on the corresponding location it was butchered.

(not really though, but that would be fun)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

jorgebonafe wrote:This feature is already in. You have to craft a sacrificial blade, then boil it a hundred times in a cauldron with a hundred pieces of soul dust on. Then, you sacrifice a baby animal, and it appears in the nether, on the corresponding location it was butchered.

Maybe I should read full posts before doing what it says.
I wasted hours! ;)
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

<_<
>_>

Eggs. That is all.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

FlowerChild wrote:My goal is not to move everything in the Overworld into the Nether. My goal is to make it desirable to have bases in *both* locations with specific purposes for each.
I'm glad to see this stated. The nether certainly is neat, with it's hellish aspects. But really, it is one of the least diverse and uninteresting 'biomes' in Minecraft. There is no weather, and no day/night cycle. There are a limited number of different blocks. The biodiversity is very limited, even with the addition of bloodwood. And worst, it is monocromatic.

The nether is interesting to visit, but I definately do not want to live there.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

jorgebonafe wrote:This feature is already in. You have to craft a sacrificial blade, then boil it a hundred times in a cauldron with a hundred pieces of soul dust on. Then, you sacrifice a baby animal, and it appears in the nether, on the corresponding location it was butchered.

You forgot to specify that the cauldron has to be over a stoked fire for this feature to work, but only for half a cycle otherwise it will blow up. The timing puzzle involved is the most interesting setup I've had to do so far.
Better is the enemy of Good